Breakfast Buffet and PJs/Bathrobes

kcwingwalker

I have been following a thread on another board about people arriving at the buffet in the am in PJs and/or robes complete with bed head. The responses have been interesting and it's not just one cruise line where this is occurring. This is about adults, not young children.

So am I out of touch since I have not cruised in 14 months? Are people wandering around NCL ships looking like they've just rolled out of bed?

Perhaps I being old-fashioned but you'll have to be part of our close family circle before you'll see my PJ's.

I did see someone on the Breakaway in October, a woman in obviously sleep pants. Gotta say she looked out of place in the buffet line. I think it's a wonderful time to relax, but to me, it's too relaxed. I even went down for coffee at 4:30, and dressed. I would never go in jammies.

Bonnie

Interesting, since someone recently posted a thread on this board about her SO who refused to wear anything but lounge pants ( wearing jeans was dressing up ), and he intends to wear them to dinner on their upcoming cruise.

Not sure how far he'll get. Would like to be at the MDR door when he strolls up.:). I hope this is not going to become a trend!

I have been following a thread on another board about people arriving at the buffet in the am in PJs and/or robes complete with bed head. The responses have been interesting and it's not just one cruise line where this is occurring. This is about adults, not young children.

So am I out of touch since I have not cruised in 14 months? Are people wandering around NCL ships looking like they've just rolled out of bed?

Perhaps I being old-fashioned but you'll have to be part of our close family circle before you'll see my PJ's.

Ha Ha I like that.......bed head! LOL

I can't really comment since I don't like the buffet and never go,

Harriet

I've noticed it also, but at resorts. We visit Disney frequently (4-5 times a year) and I've noticed people coming into the club lounges for breakfast in their pj's and robes. I'm like one of the previous posters, I don't even want to open my door to put my luggage out if I'm in my pj's!!

Wow haven't cruised in four years and and set to sail 12/1 - I cant recall seeing anyone in PJs on my previous cruises. I agree that I hope this does not become a trend. Some people are taking the relaxed dress codes of recent years a little too far!!

On Gem last year, we were lucky enough to be granted VIP status...imagine our surprise when the lady staying in one of the Garden Villas arrived for breakfast in Cagney's wearing her NCL robe and apparently nothing else!:eek: as DDP said, OMG, I can see Christmas!:rolleyes:

And to think we were worried about being under dressed to breakfast with the suite folks....LOL

Edited by Clay Clayton

HMMM, I'm certainly not posh but I'd think twice about going to brekky in Cagney's or the Buffet or MDR in a ROBE:confused: are you kidding?

Wow... nope, sorry but I'd be sayin' somethin' and it wouldn't be nice I'm afraid. Freestyle does not mean Bathrobes or PJ's at breakfast and if NCL is going to allow this to continue... the suite life isn't going to save them I'm afraid.

Don't be a JELLYFISH NCL, find your backbone and step up,to crackdown on the dress code sidesteppers. Next thing you know they'll think Freestyle means nude :eek: and that's a whole new can of worms.

Well ... IMHO, there is a point beyond which comfort should not go. I'm all for casual, but how hard is it to put on shorts or throw on a shift to go out of your room. Otherwise . get room service.

Ugh - I don't like when they do it in the spa, but I can understand it. A tbreakfast?? Definitely a no no. Classless, tacky, and just plain rude!

Edited by SissasMomE

On Gem last year, we were lucky enough to be granted VIP status...imagine our surprise when the lady staying in one of the Garden Villas arrived for breakfast in Cagney's wearing her NCL robe and apparently nothing else!:eek: as DDP said, OMG, I can see Christmas!:rolleyes:.../QUOTE]

That is so far beyond the boundaries of good taste, it's mind-boggling. I can only imagine the reaction of the staff and fellow guests. I, for one, would have certainly lost my appetite. Eeeeewwwwwwww!!! :(

Well ... IMHO, there is a point beyond which comfort should not go. I'm all for casual, but how hard is it to put on shorts or throw on a shift to go out of your room. Otherwise . get room service.

Exactly!

We too have seen it early morning people sneaking and taking food back to their cabin.

We've also have seen it a lot in the daytime people will cover up over their bathing suit to come in to get food.

I don't have a problem with as most of them should be covered up anyway especially while I'm eating.

Oh for heaven's sake! Why are people who cruise (or who comment on Cruise Critic) so concerned about how others dress? As long as they're clean I couldn't care less what they wear, it's their business. Many 'pajama pants' are nicer than sweats anyway.

But I've got to say, I can't resist it when I see these posts! ;)

I agree with most...yuk....I did not pay for suite life to see someone's kuchie crack during my breakfast. I don't care where they book their cabin...have a little consideration of sharing public spaces. USE ROOM SERVICE

Good golly folks - show some class !

Want to eat in your bed clothes - order room service !

What happens in your stateroom - stays in your stateroom.

You want bathrobe/PJ dining then go on a ship that does just that !

But at the public buffet; main dining room or Cagneys this is showing very

poor taste - Captain get your plank ready for the fish feeding !

It gets real bad when some would take the FreeStyle NCL cruising to the next

level D

.........O

...........W

.............N

in the bilge !!!!!

I don't normally support a Full Dress Code and I like FreeStyle cruising as is

but crossing the line coming out of your stateroom door to eat THAT'S IT !

Bathrobes fine for going to the gym; spa; swimming pool etc. but dining NO !

This is NOT sailing on the Mardi Gras - anything goes !

Why make a principled statement ? Well what is next to go - The NO SHIRTS

- NO SHOES - NO SERVICE ? So all cruisers will be wallowing at the trough

like pigs in the future ? You want bathrobe dining contract your own PRIVATE

yacht !

Oh for heaven's sake! Why are people who cruise (or who comment on Cruise Critic) so concerned about how others dress? As long as they're clean I couldn't care less what they wear, it's their business. Many 'pajama pants' are nicer than sweats anyway.

But I've got to say, I can't resist it when I see these posts! ;)

Because it's disrespectful! I feel the same way when I'm grocery shopping and I see someone in their pajamas (yes it has happened). How hard is it just to throw on a tee shirt and shorts? So many people today have so little respect for themselves or anyone else. Pajamas are not made to be worn in public, that's why the material is thinner.