Host Andy - Almost Live from Eclipse

Andy

Hi Andy:

Glad you are having a great time. We will be on there in 3 weeks. Would love to know which nights are formal. Know for us Christmas will be for sure, but not sure about the others. Rather disappointed about the lounge collecting the vouchers as well. We really enjoy our time there with others and having to remember to bring the vouchers along each night is something to get used to. I know, adapt and enjoy. Glad to hear the ship is in great shape. Thanks.

Hi Andy

Any info on the above?

I'm happy to hear about the new music!

Hi Karen,

No craft beers at Michaels - will check to see if they are available elsewhere onboard. Will check on your other 2 questions over the next day or so.

Hi Andy,

Sounds like a great cruise.

My Husband & I are doing the same cruise in March, for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. :D

We have never travelled outside Europe before. Thanks for your review, it just makes me more excited... I think we are docked in Antigua on our anniversary, 16th March.

This will be our 4th Cruise and hopefully not our last.

looking forward to seeing some photos of the ship.

take care

Debbie xx:)

Northern Ireland.

I just came across your report Andy- thank you for the reports, I was curious about the " music situation" - and I ham all to happy to read that the problem seems solved- from here also THANKS X for listening ( finaly ) ! I know we shared the same opinion about this issue!

Thanks for your report and have a wonderful days on board Eclipse!

Greetings

Michael

Hello Andy

So glad you're enjoying the Eclipse with your Mom. We were on the sailing before you and thoroughly enjoyed it, the food was wonderful as well as the service. Was wondering if Perry Grant is still in Michael's Club or has he relocated to the Sky Lounge. Hope you enjoy the rest of your time on board.

Hi Cruiseacecat,

I will certanly try to ask Rafaelle, if & when I see him. I believe he's been onboard for a brief time, so he's probably here for at least another couple of months. Stay Tuned !

Hi Andy

Thaanks for the great reporting. We will be on the eclipse sailing 11/30/13

Have you heard any news about the change in earning points. we are elite and look forward to the free drinks and appetisers.

We have been on the Equinox 3 times and the eclipse once before. We also love the century

Hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise

Michael and Joan

Hi Everyone,

Hello from Eclipse ! I'm happy to report that we are off to a great start. The Officers and crew are extremely friendly. Everywhere you go, there are smiling happy crew saying "Good Morning" and so on. It's always great to see a happy crew, which IMO, adds to your cruise experience. Eclipse is spotless, and in beautiful condition. The seas are calm, which is always a plus !

The Embarkation was fairly smooth, other than one Port individual who was rude to My Mom. Eclipse departed from Port Everglades about 90 minutes late, due to reports of Gangway issues (seems they had it set up incorrectly). As Mom was in a wheelchair, we were one of the first to board, and went directly from the pier, up a small ramp, to Deck 2. The whole process was ok, but fairly unorganized. To be fair, I'm giving Celebrity a pass for the embarkation, as it was good enough, and was the first sailing of the season. Stuff always seems to happen then. I also heard about delays in loading the luggage onto the ship. Our luggage arrived after we left for dinner at 6 pm, though it was in our cabin by the time we returned. Better late than never ! :)

Cuisine : all meals have been outstanding. I ordered the Prime Rib on Saturday night, and it was perfect - large size, soft as butter, and absolutely delicious. Our Dining Room Waiter & Assistant (Norman & Sarah) are fantastic - very attentive and friendly. It certainly seems that Celebrity has bumped up the cuisine, as we've been quite happy. Kudos to Executive Chef Paul Carroll & Restaurant Manager Srdjan, who is one of Celebrity's very best.

In addition to the Captains Club happy hour, Elite members are given 3 vouchers daily, which have your last name, cabin number and date printed on them. The custom printed vouchers are new, but it makes sense. The vouchers are for beverages up to $8.00 (beer up to $6) to be used between 5-7 pm. It states on the vouchers "For use in bars or lounges excluding Martini Bar, Michael's Club, Specialty Dining, Main Dining Room, and Molecular Bar". I must say that I love this new system, and IMO, it's extremely generous of Celebrity, as it's the best of both worlds. I hope Celebrity continues with the voucher system.

We had a wonderful time at the Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle. I'd say at least 100 members attended. Several Celebrity officers visited with us, including Captain Manetas (he's incredibly gracious & personable), Hotel Director Raffaelle Bernardini, and Cruise Director Sue Denning. It's always wonderful to meet our Cruise Critic members in person. They are so appreciative of my efforts, which means everything to me.

As many of our community members are aware, I've been quite vocal about the loud music at the pool and in other public venues, as observed in recent sailings. I'm extremely happy to report that in the first 4 days of our cruise, the situation appears to be resolved. The constant loud techno is thankfully gone. They were playing a very nice selection of inviting music this morning, and early afternoon... and at reasonable levels - not too loud, not too low. Just right IMO. This is all I ever asked/hoped for, in that it be a varied selection. I truly hope this continues, and I'd like to say... Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, to Celebrity for listening, and making the most welcome adjustments. I truly hope we can put this item to rest, once and for all.

I'm working on answering your questions, and taking photos of the ship. Due to the weak internet condtions, I'm currently unable to post them on my Twitter feed. If all else fails, I will post photos when I return home. That's about it for my first installment. As long as the internet cooperates, I hope to post again in the next day or two. Bye for now !

Good to know.Thanks Andy.

Hello Andy

So glad you're enjoying the Eclipse with your Mom. We were on the sailing before you and thoroughly enjoyed it, the food was wonderful as well as the service. Was wondering if Perry Grant is still in Michael's Club or has he relocated to the Sky Lounge. Hope you enjoy the rest of your time on board.

Hello !

Perry is in Michael's Club this sailing, and it sounds as if he will remain at Michael's for the Caribbean season. It's working out fine.

Hi Andy

Thaanks for the great reporting. We will be on the eclipse sailing 11/30/13

Have you heard any news about the change in earning points. we are elite and look forward to the free drinks and appetisers.

We have been on the Equinox 3 times and the eclipse once before. We also love the century

Hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise

Michael and Joan

Hi Michael & Joan,

I have not had time to review the other threads in detail. It gets expensive at .55 per minute LOL. What Im hearing (totally unconfirmed, and NOT from any Celebrity crew member - just chatter amongst guests) is 2 new levels - Elite Plus and Zenith. The conversion seems to be 30 points for each current cruise credit. Going forward, it will be X points per day, depending on accomodations. In other words, Inside cabins gets the least points, and it increases for oceanview, balcony, concierge / aqua, and suites. Im also hearing that higher category suites i.e. Royal Suite will earn more than a Sky Suite. Until I see the numbers, it's hard to pass judgement, but it seems to make sense to me.

I'm also hearing we might hear something official as early as Monday or Tuesday, but as I'm currently onboard Eclipse, and unless Celebrity opts to reach out to me, I will probably be the last to know <sigh>. Oh well. I hope this is helpful !

Edited by Host Andy

I'm also hearing that some variation of 123 Go (or Pick Your Perk) might be making a return later this week. No other details available. If I hear anything further, I will post on this thread.

Edited by Host Andy

Hello !

Perry is in Michael's Club this sailing, and it sounds as if he will remain at Michael's for the Caribbean season. It's working out fine.

Hi Host Andy,

So does that mean that Michael's Club is reserved for Elite+ between 5-7 pm, but Perry plays there much later?

Hi Andy,

Is Graeme being besieged with questions about the new points program/benefits/rollout date/conversions/reciprocity? Or has the news not broken on board yet?

Hi Cruisestitch,

I'm sure he is being hounded by guests, but I will say this.... Graeme is doing what I expected, and is saying absolutely nothing. All of the chatter between guests is (I suspect) based on what's being said on here. I've opted not to ask for any details - not that he would share it, but due to the fact that I'd never want to put anyone in jeopardy. Hopefully, when he can share details with me, he will... but by then, I suspect the information will be posted on here. Good news always travels fast !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Host Andy,

So does that mean that Michael's Club is reserved for Elite+ between 5-7 pm, but Perry plays there much later?

Hi Upwarduk,

That I can tell, Michael's is not being used as a 5-7 pm lounge, and certainly not for Elite Plus, as it does not exist - at least as of today LOL :).

I'm also hearing that some variation of 123 Go (or Pick Your Perk) might be making a return later this week. No other details available. If I hear anything further, I will post on this thread.

Careful Andy... the last thread that mentioned this was pulled :eek:

Glad you had a good cruise. Still 101 days until my next one (not that I'm counting or anything).

Andy,

How are they working the Aqua Spa Café with regards to the hot items they used to have (salmon, tuna, chicken)?

I just got off Reflection and they rotated 3 hot items at the Café - Poached Salmon, grilled shrimp, and a Thai pork lettuce wrap. They continued rotating those 3 items, one each day, for the entire B2B (26 days).

Andy,

How are they working the Aqua Spa Café with regards to the hot items they used to have (salmon, tuna, chicken)?

I just got off Reflection and they rotated 3 hot items at the Café - Poached Salmon, grilled shrimp, and a Thai pork lettuce wrap. They continued rotating those 3 items, one each day, for the entire B2B (26 days).

You were lucky...on the infinity they didn't have shrimp.....and the lettuce wrap was ground spicy pork on a small lettuce leaf...far too small to wrap...and it tasted a lot like the pork chops from the night before.

You were lucky...on the infinity they didn't have shrimp.....and the lettuce wrap was ground spicy pork on a small lettuce leaf...far too small to wrap...and it tasted a lot like the pork chops from the night before.

No shrimp? :eek: That pretty much describes the spicy pork lettuce wrap we were served. :D