Oceania cruises unveils details of $50 million fleet upgrade

Jancruz

Regatta, Insignia, and Nautica to Undergo Dramatic Transformation

MIAMI, November 21, 2013 – Oceania Cruises announced details of the largest refurbishment program in the company's history. The award-winning trio of R-Class ships, Regatta, Insignia, and Nautica will undergo a combined $50 million dollar transformation during next year’s second quarter.

Renewed, Refreshed and Rejuvenated

Retaining the warmth, intimacy and charm Oceania Cruises’ guests have come to cherish, all public rooms, suites, and staterooms will feature elegant new furnishings and décor. Many of the amenities and design elements that debuted on the line’s newest ships - including Baristas, Oceania Cruises’ signature specialty coffee bar, and the state-of-the-art grill in the Terrace Café - are being added during the refits.

“We are thrilled to have the opportunity to incorporate many of the best features and interior design elements from our acclaimed Marina and Riviera to Regatta, Insignia and Nautica. Not only does it enrich and enhance the guest experience, it underscores our commitment to providing our guests with a consistently outstanding experience across the entire fleet,” stated Kunal S. Kamlani, President of Oceania Cruises.

Transformation Highlights

· All staterooms will receive rich new décor, imbuing them with a new sense of style, elegance and flair.

· Penthouse suites will be transformed with stunning new furnishings, rich upholstery and a vibrant yet calming palette that reflects the sea, sun and sky.

· Owner’s and Vista Suites will receive new bathrooms featuring oversized showers along with new marble and granite vanities.

· The addition of Baristas, our relaxing coffee bar where master baristas prepare complimentary illy® espressos, frothy cappuccinos and fresh pastries throughout the day.

· The Terrace Café will be transformed with dramatic new furnishings, flooring, wall-coverings, and lighting. This restaurant will also feature a state-of-the-art grill, which prepares cooked-to-order specialties such as juicy steaks, succulent lobster tails and mouth-watering chops

· Horizons will be resplendent in a new palate of soothing sea blues, cocoa brown and mint and furnished with all new chairs and sofas that are perfect for conversing, relaxing or simply taking in the stunning views.

· The Main Lounges will be completely refurbished with new carpeting, chairs and luxurious new fabrics and upholstery.

· Ever-popular Martinis will receive new furnishings while retaining its classic ambiance.

· The pool deck will sport all new furniture and new tile work.

· The Canyon Ranch Spa Club will have new Steam and Changing Rooms with dramatic new mosaics.

· The Sports Deck, located atop the ship with magnificent vistas of the sea, features a new mini-golf course, new shuffleboard courts and selection of deck games.

The transformed Insignia will debut on May 8, 2014 in Barcelona for her 7-day Jewels of Europe cruise. This will be Insignia's first cruise after she returns from her two-year charter. Nautica will debut on May 16, 2014 in Civitavecchia for her 10-day Cliffs & Coves cruise and Regatta on June 7, 2014 in Vancouver for her 10-day Majesty of Alaska cruise.

For more information on Oceania Cruises, visit OceaniaCruises.com, call 800-531-5658 or contact your travel agent.

About Oceania Cruises

Oceania Cruises® offers unrivaled cuisine, elegant accommodations, and exceptional personalized service, all for an extraordinary value. Known for its unique and destination-rich itineraries that appeal to the seasoned traveler, Oceania Cruises calls on more than 330 ports across Europe, Australia, New Zealand, South Pacific, Asia, Africa and the Americas aboard five award-winning mid-size ships: the 684-guest Regatta, Insignia and Nautica, and the 1,250-guest Marina and Riviera.

About Prestige Cruise Holdings

Prestige Cruise Holdings (PCH) is the parent company of Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises. PCH manages select assets in Apollo Management's cruise investment portfolio and is led by Chairman & CEO Frank J. Del Rio and President & COO Kunal S. Kamlani. PCH is the market leader in the upper-premium and luxury segments of the cruise industry with over 6,400 berths between the Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises brands.

Jancruz1

As much as I liked the Country Manor look of the R-ships, the O-ships are modern, beautiful and tasteful. And with the O-ship additions this will be excellent. Looking forward to Baristas and the grill station in Terrace.

Edited by YoHoHo

We are partial to the O ships in the Owners Suites as we don't have to go up to the pool...we just have our own deck.

However, the R ships have a clubby feel and when one is cruising in a less warm climate when being outside is important, then these new improvements are really a plus.

I am happy! Thank you all of the decision makers

Sounds like they're getting rid of the cabanas. I know some people didn't like them but I really enjoyed them for Caribbean sailings.

Are people really playing a lot of mini golf and shuffleboard?

Probably a lot more than using the cabanas. And everyone can use them, just not a select few. Good choice for O :):)

I can't wait to read all the reviews, this is where we get to read the many ways there are to evaluate the changes....going thru next years itineraries post the R's

Revamp;)

You can count on me to report on the changes to Regatta (with photos) as I will be on the first voyage after the refurb. So excited about these changes to my favorite ships.

So looking forward to our cruise on Regatta in September! What a relief those cabanas will be gone - they really spoiled the forward view for those not using them.

And the Grill at the Terrace - can't wait to try their special offerings again! (We were on Marina this past September.)

You can count on me to report on the changes to Regatta (with photos) as I will be on the first voyage after the refurb. So excited about these changes to my favorite ships.

I too am waiting for your reviews & also your comments on your upcoming Nile trip, I have cancelled a cruise & land trip twice!!! The window of opportunity is closing...we're not getting younger & that area is a very ambitious trip as there is so much see:o

Edited by canuck.qc

I too am waiting for your reviews & also your comments on your upcoming Nile trip, I have cancelled a cruise & land trip twice!!! The window of opportunity is closing...we're not getting younger & that area is a very ambitious trip as there is so much see:o

I am really excited about Egypt -- once we "tasted" Luxor in May we knew we had to go back.

I have set up the entire trip with the fabulous private guide we had in Luxor -- even arranged for him to be our private guide on the Nile cruise -- and I will be happy to share all the information when I return.

We are staying in Cairo 8 nights for (free at the fabulous Marriott -- a former palace --using points) and will use as a base for day trips elsewhere with our guide Mostafa. After Cairo, we fly to Abu Simbel for one day where we have a private guide and fly back to Aswan where Mostafa meets up with us again. After a brief tour of that area and an overnight stay we get on our cruise to Luxor for 3 nights. We stay one additional night in Luxor and then fly to Sharm El Sheikh for a few spa days at the Four Seasons (and to recover from what will be a somewhat exhausting trip). Nadia Dajani, the fabulous Jordanian jeweler who was on my May trip on Nautica, is planning to meet me in Sharm. Somehow the jewelers all become my friends. LOL

We are staying at the two iconic hotels in Aswan and Luxor -- the Old Cataract in Aswan (setting for Death on the Nile) and the Winter Palace in Luxor (an historic hotel that was a retreat for the British royal family).

This trip is dirt cheap IMO for what we are getting and I am really looking forward to it. I have been in touch with Mostafa weekly since meeting him in May. If anyone thinks they want to do a similar trip I can give you all the details. Make a note to contact me in mid March, after I return.

Laraine,

Please post your report on our Viking Odyssey Roll Call as well. I know I will definitely be looking forward to reading all of your details! :)

Thanks, Billie

• 3 weeks later...
We're looking at a Sept 2014 cruise on the Insignia,Cathedrals and Crowns. Haven't heard much mention about this particular ship. Do I understand correctly that this will be refurbished too before Sept

She will be refurbished in April when she returns to the Oceania family after a 2 year charter with Hapag Lloyd

As per the announcement above

The transformed Insignia will debut on May 8, 2014 in Barcelona for her 7-day Jewels of Europe cruise. This will be Insignia's first cruise after she returns from her two-year charter.

Edited by LHT28

We're looking at a Sept 2014 cruise on the Insignia,Cathedrals and Crowns. Haven't heard much mention about this particular ship. Do I understand correctly that this will be refurbished too before Sept

As it said in the announcement, Insignia will be completed for the cruise beginning MAY 8, 2014 in Barcelona.

That is why I love cc. A newbie. I didn't know the I was on charter. This will be our first Oceania cruise. We were looking at Regents Baltic mid Sept, just too chilly then. We've cruised Celebrity, Princess, Royal C, and Norwegian. Looking forward to a smaller ship.

That is why I love cc. A newbie. I didn't know the I was on charter. This will be our first Oceania cruise. We were looking at Regents Baltic mid Sept, just too chilly then. We've cruised Celebrity, Princess, Royal C, and Norwegian. Looking forward to a smaller ship.

That is why I love cc. A newbie. I didn't know the I was on charter.

There was a clue in the announcement above :D

This will be Insignia's first cruise after she returns from her two-year charter.

Just received an Oceania brochure entitled Scenic Medley and on page 9 is a representation of an updated Penthouse suite.

For those worried that the R ships will change too much it appears that all that was done is a lightning of the color palette with new carpet, upholstery and headboard.

No pictures of the public spaces but for those of us worried about massive changes it appears we do not have to worry, the R ships will only be more beautiful.

We love O, and I am so pleased that there will no longer be the cabanas. Thank you O. We have been in touch with our TA to book a couple of new trips now.

This is one line that really listens to its "sailors." O is GREAT. Only wish I could afford a trip on O every couple of months. Guess we would have to win the lottery. :p