Favorite foods in MDR at dinner?

samzgirl84

Just got off of the Allure and must be honest. Out of Celebrity, Princess and RCI cruises this year, the Allure was the poorest food that we had on these cruises. Service was very good, but food quality was very poor. The WindJammer was very limited, too. JMHO!

Rosemary Lamb Shank.

I'll second that...and come to think of it, I usually have a second lamb shank!:D

I will 3rd the Lamb shank it was the best meal of the cruise I was very tempted to get a 2nd plate but the desserts were always so tempting. And I loved the scallops gratin appetizer they were so sweet and tender I had that almost every night

On that subject, I had that for the first time with the new menu last April on Allure. I also thought it was excellent. I'm use to pork chops being hit and miss in restaurants and because of my stomach surgery, I am very sensitive to dry meats like chicken and pork.

When my chop came to me on Majesty last month, it was nearly 2" thick, which just screamed DRY LOOKING. But I was pleasantly surprised that it was not. 2 for 2.

What did you have? I can't figure out how do ask you privately.

What did you have? I can't figure out how do ask you privately.

This was the pork chop on the MOJO menu which was night one on both cruises. The Pork Chop has some sauce on it, can't remember the name, but it was good.

I enjoyed all of the fish entrees. My favorite dish was some type of ****ake mushroom dumpling or potsticker. It had an Asian name I wish I would have written it down, but it was so delicious, I had to have a second entrée that night.

I also thought the lobster tail, although small, was as good as any I have had.

mushroom with puff pastry was delicious too!

Edited by keepingbusytraveling

It's all subjective, but here goes (and not in any order of preference, just memory):

Shrimp cocktail

Cheese plate

Caesar salad

Prime rib

Beef tenderloin

Rack of lamb

Lamb shank

Mushroom Tagliatelle (Portofinos)

Chocolate sensation

...and many others :)

Enjoy!

Teddie

Edited by teddie

All of the chilled soups. I also enjoyed the chicken marsala. As for the vadalia onion tart, just because it is not on the menu doesn't mean you can't get. Our last 2 cruises we asked the head waiter for it and he made sure we had it the next night.(both times with the new menu)

Thanks for the tip. I love that tart and missed it. I will definitely ask in October.