Oh No ! Schoolies Week

Unless something has changed recently, you need to be 21 to book a cabin on Royal Caribbean Cruises.

There should be no "Schoolies" on your cruise unless they are traveling with their parents.

Enjoy your cruise the Radiance is a beautiful ship.

Me too! I didn't think of it until someone mentioned it on another thread. We will also be on Radiance on Tuesday, and I am cruising without my own teenagers this time, I definitely don't want masses of out of control schoolies ruining our cruise!

Is it a hard and fast rule that someone in the cabin has to be 21?

Me too! I didn't think of it until someone mentioned it on another thread. We will also be on Radiance on Tuesday, and I am cruising without my own teenagers this time, I definitely don't want masses of out of control schoolies ruining our cruise!

Is it a hard and fast rule that someone in the cabin has to be 21?

on the aussie ships if a person is under 19 they have to be in a cabin with an adult during nov to jan

Unless something has changed recently, you need to be 21 to book a cabin on Royal Caribbean Cruises.

There should be no "Schoolies" on your cruise unless they are traveling with their parents.

Enjoy your cruise the Radiance is a beautiful ship.

Having experienced One Direction (UK boyband) mania first hand, I can tell you teens often stay in groups in hotel rooms which are booked beforehand by parents or older friends. Hopefully, RCL does not appeal to the schoolies market and they will not be on the Radiance next week.

P&O Australia and Princess as the same rules each cabin has to an adult over 21 in it.

you have made a mistake the age is 19

Age Restricted Cruises - 1 Nov - 7 Jan Blanket Period AU/NZ

***Age Restricted Cruise*** This cruise is age restricted. All passengers under 19 years of age on the day they board the cruise must travel in the same cabin as a responsible adult. A responsible adult is a passenger who is a parent, legal guardian, or another adult, aged 19 years or older, who is prepared to take responsibility for passengers on the booking. This policy has been approved by the Australian Human Rights Commission, as it will allow assengers to enjoy the benefits of a relaxed cruise holiday, without the risk of being exposed to excessive behaviour

My understanding is that a husband and wife - both aged 18 (does that actually happen any more though??) - will not be able to spend their honeymoon on a P&O ship without their parents ! :eek::)

Barry

could be so Barry as its in the t&c

I found this on the RC website:

Q: What is Royal Caribbean International's Age Policy?

A: Royal Caribbean International's minimum age to sail unaccompanied on sailings originating in North America is twenty-one (21). The minimum age to sail unaccompanied on sailings from South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand is eighteen (18).

The Company retains the right, on rare occasions, to raise the minimum age to sail unaccompanied on any sailing when local laws require or permit such a modification.

Not happy!! Let's just hope RC is not what schoolies are looking for.....

I found this on the RC website:

Q: What is Royal Caribbean International's Age Policy?

A: Royal Caribbean International's minimum age to sail unaccompanied on sailings originating in North America is twenty-one (21). The minimum age to sail unaccompanied on sailings from South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand is eighteen (18).

The Company retains the right, on rare occasions, to raise the minimum age to sail unaccompanied on any sailing when local laws require or permit such a modification.

Not happy!! Let's just hope RC is not what schoolies are looking for.....

we havent cruised RCI for a few years but if the cruise is cheap enough you could get your fair share of under 18's but they would still need a parent to cruise with

Under 18's are ok, it's the just turned 18 schoolies that I am worried about. Hopefully a cruise is not their thing..... Especially to Newcastle and Brisbane. I have a 17 year old and she said if she were to go on schoolies (which she won't be) she would rather go to a beach town (Surfers, Byron Bay) than on a ship that stops in 2 cities.

My understanding is that a husband and wife - both aged 18 (does that actually happen any more though??) - will not be able to spend their honeymoon on a P&O ship without their parents ! :eek::)

Barry

We all had this discussion years ago on the P&O forum.

The difference between a 21 year old and an 18 year old:confused:

Now even worse on RCI the difference between a 19 year old and an 18 year old:confused:

The 21 year olds have overtime become the same as the 18 year olds because they are so used to legal binge drinking and taking recreational drugs, the 18 year olds have been illegally binge drinking for years but can only now afford recreational drugs on a regular basis like the 21 year olds.

I tried to make an online booking on RCL yesterday as two 18 year olds to see what would happen and a message came up saying one passenger needs to be at least 21. So fingers crossed we won't be running into any of them.

Well that's positive news! Good thinking it give that a try.

My 17 year old daughter said schoolies is all about parties and going to meet big groups of other schoolies on the beach etc, so she wouldn't think a cruise would really attract them.

We are on the Pacific Pearl in a few weeks.

Two cabins booked, with the oldest age in one of the cabins being 18.

Hope its not a schoolies cruise....

Seems P&O have a different policy. I would say schoolies would have wound down by then so you should be ok. It's usually end Nov and early Dec.

I can't see schoolies being interested in cruises just yet. I think they consider they are too full of oldies to appeal. :p

Perhaps the Schoolies who went on the P&O Australia Schoolies cruises a few years ago have now developed into full blown cruising Bogans.

Edited by NSWP

Perhaps the Schoolies who went on the P&O Australia Schoolies cruises a few years ago have now developed into full blown cruising Bogans.

Funny you should say that. My daughter's friend who is almost a "schoolie" herself was on a P & O cruise with family a couple of weeks ago. When my daughter asked her how the cruise was her reply was "it was full of bogans!"