Who's the best cd?

Richard78

So, me and my family just got off The Freedom of the Seas. We have cruised many times before but we were shocked at how much we loved our cruise director (Richard Spacey). The cd position has never before seemed to make a big difference as to how much we enjoyed the cruise but Richard actually really added to our cruise. We enjoyed him so much that we made sure we never missed his morning show. He was hilarious. What do you guys think? Who has been your favorite?

I liked Richard, he was the CD on our first FOS cruise. But I thought Graham Seymour was better when we went on FOS the second time. I liked Graham's humor, and I thought his morning show was hilarious. I'm definitely hoping to go on a cruise with him as the CD again someday.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Richard Spacey is a legend There is no cd that is even close to what he does as a cd He is #1

Richard Spacey is the best CD in my opinion. Once you've experienced him, no one can compete.

So true. Richard is by far the best.

Ricky "The energizer bunny" Matthews is my first choice. My second choice is everyone one else. Ricky is the only one that really sticks in my mind as a CD that added anything to my cruise. The rest have been someone I had to listen to before I could do/see what I wanted to do/see.

Allan brooks hands down.

Babbling brooks on the tv in the morning was always a scream.

I agree 100% with Allan Brooks. Also in our like column is Ricky Matthews and Jimmy Rhodes. They are all different in their styles but we liked them. One of the things we liked about Jimmy was he was very visible around the ship for the entire cruise.

To grossly oversimplify, there are two general functions CDs perform: (1) the administrative organization of shipboard activities and entertainment; and (2) personally being an entertainer, at least in the sense of providing the energy behind what goes on aboard the ship.

I thought Graham Seymour was great in both of those areas. As to the first, we had a fairly large Roll Call group and he bent over backward to accommodate us with our privately organized events including assigning us our own personal contact from his staff to help arrange venues and so forth. As to energy and entertainment, I haven't seen anyone better. His morning show was not to be missed, he performed musically and his stand-up routine was better than the headline comedian on that cruise.

He was by far the best we have had. No complaints about Clodaugh either but our cruise may have put her at a disadvantage since she was technically on vacation and only did our cruise to cover for the regular CD who was ill. She did the one week and went back home to vacation. Many of the others I don't even remember.

Edited by mjldvlks

One really loud vote for the best . . .GRAHAM SEYMOUR! Have had him twice and just can't believe his energy (does this guy ever sleep?) and really enjoy his great sense of humor, very quick witted.

Have Richard Spacey coming up for a couple of weeks next month, so we'll see. He certainly is very popular.

So, me and my family just got off The Freedom of the Seas. We have cruised many times before but we were shocked at how much we loved our cruise director (Richard Spacey). The cd position has never before seemed to make a big difference as to how much we enjoyed the cruise but Richard actually really added to our cruise. We enjoyed him so much that we made sure we never missed his morning show. He was hilarious. What do you guys think? Who has been your favorite?

Richard Spacey. No doubt about it.:D

In the last year I've been on 3 cruises: Majesty, Liberty, & Carnival's Imagination. I don't have any idea who the Cruise Director was on any of those. Where (and how often) do you encounter the C.D? I have no clue what a cruise director does. Was I sleeping the whole time or what?

So, which ships do the greats (Richard Spacey & Graham Seymour) work on?

In the last year I've been on 3 cruises: Majesty, Liberty, & Carnival's Imagination. I don't have any idea who the Cruise Director was on any of those. Where (and how often) do you encounter the C.D? I have no clue what a cruise director does. Was I sleeping the whole time or what?

The Cruise Director usually introduces the theater shows and runs other shows such as Love & Marriage.

So, I feel confused as to why any of you have memories of a "Cruise Director". I did go to the evening shows on every cruise (that's actually the only reason I go on cruises besides free cooking).

But I don't recall any of the introducers memorable enough to give them a title of "cruise director". I feel like I am really missing out on a part of the cruise experience. Nobody I've ever talked to on-board has ever mentioned a cruise director.

???

Edited by styxfire

Richard Spacey is currently aboard Freedom of the Seas, but his schedule is changing this winter . . . to keep up with the current CD's, you can check a very popular thread by Donna K titled 'current CD's", or something similar. It can usually be found within the first couple or three pages of the RCI forum.

Oh, and Graham Seymour is currently sailing on the Rhapsody, I believe, doing the Australia/New Zealand cruises for their summer.

We also just got off Freedom of the Seas with Richard Spacey, and he definitely lived up to all the hype! I was thrilled to hear that he was going to be with us on this cruise, and he didn't disappoint!

Anyone remember Jeffrey Arpin? He was the cruise director on our first two cruises (the first being our honeymoon in 1991, the second coming the week after 9/11/01). He set the bar really high... loved his dry wit! He has since retired from that job, but still does some sort of cruise-related work, I believe.

Im glad to see Drew Devine get some "love".

Ive only had 3 RCI CD's so far and thats Drew Devine on Monarch, Dan Dan the Party man on Radiance and Graham Seymour on Freedom.

Drew is my favorite so far. He spoke to me every time I ran into him and ask me how I was enjoying my cruise. I thought he did such a wonderful job trying to pack 7 days worth of activities in a 3 night cruise and his 70s show was by far my favorite so far. Drew knows how to ROCK the short cruises! Not to say that Graham wasnt absolutely hilarious though. He was personable and I did like his morning show.

I didnt care for Dan Dan the Party man at all.

Edited by ryano