Celebrity Cruises Launches New 'Captain's Club' Program - OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE!!!!

Bababooey Land

Initially we were a little bummed that we were 1cruise short for E+ a level we would have made if our September cruise on Millenium hadn't been cancelled. Now that the new benefits have been posted I feel better because when all is said and done the difference is not that great.

I feel the same way. When I found out that I wouldn't make elite+ after my January cruises like I thought (730 instead of 780 points), I thought I'd book a cruise before my 34 days around Australia to make elite +. I won't do it for some additional internet minutes. I've always been happy with the elite benefits so I'll wait.

Cynthia

According to RC's C&A website, Diamond/Diamond Plus C&A members are still "Elite" for Captain's Club. I don't know if that will change in the future since the Elite Plus status is still new. I'm D+ with C&A but haven't sailed RC in almost two years. I've preferred X's itineraries lately.

So REALLY we were one 3 day cruise's worth away from Elite, now we'll do a 7 day in aqua and still not make it. #RIPOFF

According to the 30 points per cruise vs 1 point, I'll have enough for Select after my next cruise (as I would have under the old system).

I see the comment about days of cruising as part of the equation - But I don't see the equation. Are Concierge and Aqua Class as well as Suites still getting 'extra credit?"

Edited by attilamom1217

So if I'm a Diamond Plus member on Royal Caribbean, am I looked at as an Elite Plus with Celebrity? But, if I'm an Elite Plus member with Celebrity, the best I'll be considered with Royal Caribbean is Diamond?
I don't think you will be Elite+ through being Diamond+. I think many people expected that to happen but it looks doubtful to me.

You earn extra points by being in higher level (pay) cabins. So balconies (IDK about lower... but) 3 pts/d, aqua 5pt/d, suites 8 pt/d and presidential 12 pt/d. So basically if you cash in for nicer cabins you earn quicker. Does that really reward loyalty, or a big wallet. I guess they prefer BOTH.

I don't see Priority Tender Tickets listed in the Elite Benefits? Anyone have any information on that benefit?

I have the same question, i guess nobody knows, no reply's on this matter.

Captain club said elite will keep the same perks as before, where are the PRIORITY TENDERTICKETS on the list, GONE!!!!

I want them on my cruise in january !!!!

Anybody have some information on this, please let us know because I live in Belgium is very expensive to call them.

thanks

Linda

You earn extra points by being in higher level (pay) cabins. So balconies (IDK about lower... but) 3 pts/d, aqua 5pt/d, suites 8 pt/d and presidential 12 pt/d. So basically if you cash in for nicer cabins you earn quicker. Does that really reward loyalty, or a big wallet. I guess they prefer BOTH.

I'd say they are only rewarding big spenders not loyalty.

If we could afford to book more expense cabins we would. So how does that make us less loyal?

I do agree if you spend more money you should get more credits, but I think the range in credits is to great to be considered a loyalty program.

If you travel in the highest end cabins it would only take you 167 days to become Zenith members. If you could only afford inside or oceanview it will take you 1,500 days to become Zenith.

I have the same question, i guess nobody knows, no reply's on this matter.

Captain club said elite will keep the same perks as before, where are the PRIORITY TENDERTICKETS on the list, GONE!!!!

I want them on my cruise in january !!!!

Anybody have some information on this, please let us know because I live in Belgium is very expensive to call them.

thanks

Linda

Celebrity did a very interesting Q&A on their Facebook page about the new Captain's Club. The question was asked, and the response was yes.

Will priority tender tickets still be available for elite and above?

Here is another interesting item from the Q&A

How do you separate the Elite & Elite Plus on the cocktail hour, since it was an issue on most cruises, too many Elites?

• 373012_92998025878_1362239710_q.jpg

Celebrity Cruises Hi - At this immediate moment, there are no plans to separate the two groups, but that is something being considered in the future. ~ LM

Here is another interesting item from the Q&A

How do you separate the Elite & Elite Plus on the cocktail hour, since it was an issue on most cruises, too many Elites?

• 373012_92998025878_1362239710_q.jpg

Celebrity Cruises Hi - At this immediate moment, there are no plans to separate the two groups, but that is something being considered in the future. ~ LM

So then Basically Elite+ is nothing but a name. It really is much ado about nothing, since we are only getting a few measly perks added which we will not be using - 10% beverage package discount and 15% specialty restaurant discounts are laughable.

Way to make us feel special Celebrity.

I'd say they are only rewarding big spenders not loyalty.

If we could afford to book more expense cabins we would. So how does that make us less loyal?

I do agree if you spend more money you should get more credits, but I think the range in credits is to great to be considered a loyalty program..

Celebrity asked TA's what "value passengers" wanted.

TA's must've gave them info on higher end bookings based on stateroom bookings and length of cruise.

Which is disappointing for those who don't book suites/penthouses or take long cruises..... :cool:

Anne Maria - I agree completely.

No more loyalty here. Best price from now on. Elite Plus is a joke.

We have to sail together again and use our wonderful new "perks".

Happy Thanksgiving

Pat

Anne Maria - I agree completely.

No more loyalty here. Best price from now on. Elite Plus is a joke.

We have to sail together again and use our wonderful new "perks".

Happy Thanksgiving

Pat

Hi Pat, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

I agree going forward it will about price.

Yes, we must sail together soon so we can spend 200 minutes going on the internet.

Still have not booked 2014. Frank and I can't agree on which cruise to take.

Anne Maria

So then Basically Elite+ is nothing but a name. It really is much ado about nothing, since we are only getting a few measly perks added which we will not be using - 10% beverage package discount and 15% specialty restaurant discounts are laughable.

Way to make us feel special Celebrity.

Good example of focusing on the negative.

200 minutes of free Internet and twice the laundry. ( My focus on the positive)

I also believe that someday in the not too distant future the two hour cocktail party will change due the large numbers already. Perhaps a voucher system/party combination. Celebrity has been very careful to make sure that no benefits are removed during the implementation. RC's model might e implemented in the future.

IMO the new program is an industry leading program.

Good example of focusing on the negative.

200 minutes of free Internet and twice the laundry. ( My focus on the positive)

I also believe that someday in the not too distant future the two hour cocktail party will change due the large numbers already. Perhaps a voucher system/party combination. Celebrity has been very careful to make sure that no benefits are removed during the implementation. RC's model might e implemented in the future.

IMO the new program is an industry leading program.

Could care less about anything else, but getting my laundry done twice per cruise trumps everything in my book.

Here's a shocker I'm gonna send Celebrity an email telling them I'm glad about the changes!!!!!

:( Elite + is a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We will be booking our cruises by price from now on, there are just two or three cruise lines we would not book. From now on we do not have a number one cruise line. Celebrity's joke they made us wait for and called them new tiers brought us to the point, we are now looking at other cruise lines. But maybe they really don't care if they keep us older cruisers. From the photo's we see in there adds it seems they want a younger demo. anyway. :(

:( Elite + is a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We will be booking our cruises by price from now on, there are just two or three cruise lines we would not book. From now on we do not have a number one cruise line. Celebrity's joke they made us wait for and called them new tiers brought us to the point, we are now looking at other cruise lines. But maybe they really don't care if they keep us older cruisers. From the photo's we see in there adds it seems they want a younger demo. anyway. :(

Who are you calling old? :)

ITA!!!

It does come across as they no longer want us, eh? I'm still stinging from the slap in the face. How could they possibly think we would be all be jumping with joy with Elite+.

Who are you calling old? :)

ITA!!!

It does come across as they no longer want us, eh? I'm still stinging from the slap in the face. How could they possibly think we would be all be jumping with joy with Elite+.

I have to say I am curious...if you could wave a magic wand, what would you have done to E+ to make it mean something to YOU?:confused:

BILL

Edited by BILL-WI