Royal invited me to new york for macy's thanksgiving parade

mpoole3

That's so awesome!!!!! Congrats, and hope you have a great time!!!

Thanks, I haven't been to New York in 15 years. I was in 5th grade the last time, so I'm excited to visit again. But I'm feeling weird about a land trip, as I'm always going out to sea...

Enjoy your trip!

Thanks keep checking for updates! I'll be posting everywhere.

@mpoole3

Edited by mpoole3

You are most deserving, Michael. You're a wonderful CC representative, and you do the BEST reviews EVER! Have a great time, and Happy Thanksgiving.

These are the kindest words anyone has ever said to me on here. And for that I truly thank you. I try very hard to report everything from my trips.

I'm excited to meet everyone in New York and even more excited to post the broadway show we are going to see. Can anyone guess why? ;)

MPoole3, sounds great, you'll love it. Being from New York, the weather here, today is bad, lots of rain and wind. Tomorrow, Thanksgiving it is supposed to clear up a bit, but be very windy. We are seeing on the news, for the last few days, may be too windy for some of the balloons to be coming down the parade route. So, dress warmly and have a great time, I am jealous, be well, madmarti:D

These are the kindest words anyone has ever said to me on here. And for that I truly thank you. I try very hard to report everything from my trips.

I'm excited to meet everyone in New York and even more excited to post the broadway show we are going to see. Can anyone guess why? ;)

Congrats on being chosen to royally represent Royal!:cool: Your expertise is impressive! Look forward to meeting you on the Freedom next Halloween! BTW, my guess is you will be seeing Motown The Musical!;) It just seems to fit your personality?:o Get down and have a ball!

Sounds like you had a great time last year and thank you for all the tips!

We have reserved Grand Stand tickets with Royal and they are also providing us a large Thanksgiving dinner, so no worries there.

I am worried about how cold it's going to be! I don't do well in the cold weather and being from Tennessee anything under 40 is COLD!

Michael

Take some heat packs from Home Depot or Lowes for your hands and feet.

I even heard of people taping them to their arms and chest. Here in Ohio it is too darn cold to stand out side for a parade. I will be watching t.v. on Thursday and Sat. for the Michigan/Ohio game. Go Bucks.

Especially since London may get 30cm more SNOW! ;)

We have 4-5" snow on the ground and -3C tonight Brrr. . . in Niagara area.

Considering we just returned from Oasis this week has been awful. No cruise on the horizon for close to 100 days. :eek:

So around a week ago Royal tweeted about the parade/float and I said, "If there is room on that float let me know!"

They followed up with a tweet, "We may not be able to get you on the float, but we can get you pretty close. Can you send us a Direct Message?"

So of course I'm like hmmm... Where is this going? SO I sent them a DM and with my contact info and a few hours later I was on call with 5 people from Royal (social, marketing, ect.) about this great trip!

So my question was... "WHAT'S THE CATCH?!" & "WHY ME?!"

No catch! They just wanted to bring someone along with them for Thanksgiving. They are covering everything the entire trip for 4, so I'm bringing my brother, his BF, and my GF. Stuff like this just doesn't happen to me.

Note: A few years ago I did their very first "Royal Wow of the Week" which I was contacted on Twitter about, so we had some relationship already built.

What an awesome story, just reading gives me that warm fuzzy holiday feeling. Congrats to you and what a thrill for you and your family, have a great time at Mamma Mia!

Jonathan

We're visiting New York for the holiday and just watched the Macy's Parade live. Granted we were several people back, but we didn't see any float for Royal Caribbean. Did we miss something? Was something announced or perhaps presented during a commercial?

From what I saw on TV, there was a beach-themed float and Kristin Chenoweth lip-synched "New York, NY." I didn't see the RCI logo, but it must have been there somewhere.

I was hoping to see the honored passengers, but NBC never showed the rest of the float. I'm sure they had fun, though!