Free Cruise is Back

WmFCoyote

You have to select an actual cruise. The offer is on the page for that cruise and is limited to 3 and 4 day cruises.

Thanks. I do see it there.

Poster had said it was on the home page. Then I was told it would be on the Getaway sale page.

But you pointed me to the right place.

The cruises from FLL are 4 and 5 day. No threes here.

The post was in response to someone not being able to find the 100% offer under the 'Getaway' tab he was directed to. There are no 5 day cruises listed there, that I can see. Yes, there are other listings that can be found by other means.

Can they apply this promotion to fares bought through Princess "Friends and Family"? A little worried and peeved that F&F saved $30 but could possibly mean complete loss of the 100% back offer. I hadn't heard about the offer when I booked on Tuesday and I would have certainly paid that extra $30 for the deal.

Actually, just noticed there's an onboard credit also, so the actual jump in price from F&F to this deal is $7 grrrr:mad:

If the offer is good for your cruise i wouldn't be upset yet.

Last time they did this it applied to EVERYONE on the cruise - even those that had booked it before the offer.'I don't know what they're doing this time but wouldn't get upset quite yet.

If the offer is good for your cruise i wouldn't be upset yet.

Last time they did this it applied to EVERYONE on the cruise - even those that had booked it before the offer.'I don't know what they're doing this time but wouldn't get upset quite yet.

Karen, it looks like you may be right. Called Princess and they said the credit applies but as everyone has said, the proof is in the pudding. We'll see what happens after the cruise. At any rate, if it doesn't work out I've decided not be annoyed about it anymore, I wasn't expecting it in the first place so no need to worry about it. Thanks! Also, this is such a weird offer in the sense that no promo or action actually needs to be taken for it to register. It seems like, as you said, they just do a blanket credit back to everyone on the sailing.

Edited by YumYumSweetiePie

We just decided to take advantage of the 100% fare back promotion out of LA. Since we already have a cruise booked in July that qualifies for the discount, we thought, why not? And since 4 days is never long enough on a ship, we booked two 4 day cruises back to back. My DH loves sea days, so since most of the ports will be identical, we may just stay on the ship the second time around. What a great promotion!

Princess says that once these are complete, we need to call them to have the credit applied to the July cruise. It's apparently not done automatically, so don't forget to contact them.

This is an ingenious promo. We've booked several cruises we never planned on taking. We've signed up for a couple of ship excursions, we'll pay tips, buy a few drinks, etc... Princess definitely got us to spend money we wouldn't have otherwise.

Then we're also looking at a couple of options for major trips on the bucket list. The difference is that now we're specifically looking at Princess itineraries and we will definitely go before the end of the year, even if they don't drop the price as much as we'd like.

Smart marketing!

This is an ingenious promo. We've booked several cruises we never planned on taking. We've signed up for a couple of ship excursions, we'll pay tips, buy a few drinks, etc... Princess definitely got us to spend money we wouldn't have otherwise.

Then we're also looking at a couple of options for major trips on the bucket list. The difference is that now we're specifically looking at Princess itineraries and we will definitely go before the end of the year, even if they don't drop the price as much as we'd like.

Smart marketing!

And don't forget those of us who had booked the getaways but won't have the time off to take advantage of the offer. I think that they are making some good money, when you consider the onboard spending pattern on the short cruises.

Just booked two out of LA. 1/5 and 1/20 to apply to a 28 day in October of 2014 that we have yet to book. We got a Suite on the 1/20 and only a balcony on the 1/5.

We have never booked anything higher than an obstructed oceanview and I had just got my wife talked into an inside cabin. I probably blew that :)

I just booked 2 PH Suites back2back on the Ruby. Even after I subtract

some cheap flights on Southwest and spend money, I calculate a net FCC

gain of approximately $5,200. Even the OBC's will pay for the tips. I've

never seen an offer as great at this.

Here's my question: I have a cruise booked for Sept. 2014 which full

payment is not due until July. I used a voyage goodwill FCC towards

part of that cruise due to a past trans-atlantic which we miss ports due

to the weather. Will I be able to use some of these FCC's to pay towards the remainder of the payment, since I already use past FCC's? Can you double FCC on the same cruise?

Thanks

Here's my question: I have a cruise booked for Sept. 2014 which full

payment is not due until July. I used a voyage goodwill FCC towards

part of that cruise due to a past trans-atlantic which we miss ports due

to the weather. Will I be able to use some of these FCC's to pay towards the remainder of the payment, since I already use past FCC's? Can you double FCC on the same cruise?

Thanks

Yes

We have the Ruby booked for Jan 13th and 18th. I called Princess and she said we would automatically get the FCC after we sailed. We would like to go on the Royal March 2nd, but if we booked that sailing, we would have to pay for it before we would get our rebate FCC. Does anyone know how that would work? Or would we have to wait until we sail?

Janet

To what extent? Please clarify.
I`m just quoting the rules.

I was hoping someone would clarify it to me, usually a past cruiser discount is $100 max less so if I don`t qualify for that I`m still getting a good deal.

We had no problem booking any of the promos. In fact, one was already in our personalizer after we got home from the Oct. cruise.

You won't have the credit until after you take the promo cruise. Our credit to the Jan cruise will not be available for the already booked Sept cruise until after we sail in Jan.

If it's not in your personalizer account, when you get home, then you call your TA and have it applied.

There are so many promos going on right now, it depends on which promo you are trying to use.

Pat

We have the Ruby booked for Jan 13th and 18th. I called Princess and she said we would automatically get the FCC after we sailed. We would like to go on the Royal March 2nd, but if we booked that sailing, we would have to pay for it before we would get our rebate FCC. Does anyone know how that would work? Or would we have to wait until we sail?

Janet

They specifically state with this special that it must be for a future cruise that is NOT already paid. You could wait to book that March cruise until after your Ruby cruise and take a chance that the price doesn't get higher and that a cabin in your preferred area would be available.

I booked and paid for the 1/13/14 Ruby prior to the promotion. I spoke with Princess today and was placed on hold and then told that everyone who sails on a qualifying voyage gets the FCC for the fare paid regardless of when you booked. That is today's news. Hope it happens.

Crystabel, we are on the cruise before yours. :)

We are using that discount to apply to the Sept. one on the Crown that we booked using the discount from the promo in Oct. :D

Pat

Are you able to use the FCCs from 2 different promotions on a single cruise? I was told no, but haven't actually called to try yet adding my 50% to the 100% one we've applied. That would be sweet, indeed.

Are you able to use the FCCs from 2 different promotions on a single cruise? I was told no, but haven't actually called to try yet adding my 50% to the 100% one we've applied. That would be sweet, indeed.

I called yesterday and asked that specific question and was told by Genevieve Hamilton that she had had that same question the day before and got the answer yes from her supervisor.

So I reserved another cruise while on the line with her, and when I got home from church called my TA and booked it. I also had her send me her email so I could save her contact info if we had problems later on.

Genevieve just said you couldn't split up a FCC and put part on one sailing and part on another but you could do two separate sailings with two FCC or combine the two FCCs into one sailing.

Hope that answers your question.

clarification, I was asking about two 100% FCC fairs not one 50% and one 100% but I would think that would be the same thing.

Edited by Gert2011
clarification

Today I asked Princess if it was possible to use 2 of the FCCs on 1 eligible future cruise. At first the Princess agent said no but she also said that we could use a FCC after final payment. The terms & conditions of the "Getways" sale clearly state they need to be used before final payment & nowhere does it say that we cannot use more than one FCC on a single cruise.

I was doubtful if she was correct so asked her to confirm what she said by checking with a supervisor. After checking she said that multiple FCCs were "stackable" & could be used on a single qualified cruise. If our FCCs were more than the price of a future cruise the excess amount would be lost. Any single FCC cannot be split to be used for multiple cruises & that FCCs must be used before final payment.

My experiences in booking 2 of these sale cruises at different times is that there's confusion about the procedure. I have a copy of the 'terms & conditions' & who told me what we can do if there's a problem.

Hopefully someone will have experienced using multiple FCCs that were "stackable" on a single 7+ day cruise sailing before 12/31/14...anyone? ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

and you would not have received a blue card!!!

Yeah, I've not noticed any advantage to a blue card, don't even understand the reason for the distinction. Actually, I'm curious to see what non F&F cards look like because that's all I've seen. I searched online and they're all blue, which apparently used to be what designated new travelers.