Free Cruise is Back

WmFCoyote

Yeah, I've not noticed any advantage to a blue card, don't even understand the reason for the distinction. Actually, I'm curious to see what non F&F cards look like because that's all I've seen. I searched online and they're all blue, which apparently used to be what designated new travelers.

Exactly. F&F passengers are treated onboard as first time Princess cruisers with no Captain's Circle benefits.

Exactly. F&F passengers are treated onboard as first time Princess cruisers with no Captain's Circle benefits.

To be fair, it was my first time on Princess last time :D But I was with other F&F travelers who were technically Ruby and Platinum. Overall though, I don't really see there being much of an advantage for Captain's Circle unless you're Platinum or Elite. Until then, it's just a formality, I don't think anyone is estatic that they're getting the Princess magazine or newsletter.Weird that they consider those benefits, they're just additional promotion. Not to start a Carnival v. Princess war but at least Carnival gives you a free drink after your first cruise.

Not to start a Carnival v. Princess war but at least Carnival gives you a free drink after your first cruise.

Returning passengers on Princess (even on their second cruise) get invited to a returning passengers event. A free drink is given at that event.

Sometimes the event for those with 1-4 past cruises is held in the theater in which case a coupon is handed out good at any bar on the ship.

Sometimes the event is in the rear lounge at which times the drinks are served. At these sometimes they limit you to the drinks being carried around and sometimes you can order a drink you prefer.

I sailed on B2B 100% fare back cruises in November on the Golden. When I returned home both FCC where in my Captains Circle Account.

I had one applied to my already booked April sailing on the Emerald and the other was applied to my already paid in full December sailing on the Crown. Because the December cruise was already paid in full the FCC was applied as a credit to my credit card.

My 100% fare back cruise in January will be applied to a future December 2014 sailing.

I have a feeling as long as Princess has these 3-4 sailings this promo will continue to pop up. I see a cruise in March in my future.;)

Returning passengers on Princess (even on their second cruise) get invited to a returning passengers event. A free drink is given at that event.

Sometimes the event for those with 1-4 past cruises is held in the theater in which case a coupon is handed out good at any bar on the ship.

Sometimes the event is in the rear lounge at which times the drinks are served. At these sometimes they limit you to the drinks being carried around and sometimes you can order a drink you prefer.

Thank you for that information! It wasn't particularly clear on the Captain's Circle benefits page that the "members only onboard events" would be that type of event, I thought it might be a time when past members are given a sales pitch on future cruises, with a discount. The past Princess cruisers I was with never mentioned anything about an event last time and I know it wasn't to avoid hurting my feelings because they're family lol. Do you know if they do this even for short cruises (we were on a 4 day cruise last time)?

Despite my card being blue for F&F I hope they know I've been on a past cruise by somehow keeping track of the Captain's Circle level. Oddly, my emails about the cruise list everyone's loyalty level as "new" despite automatically populating the CC numbers that are clearly not new.

the other was applied to my already paid in full December sailing on the Crown. Because the December cruise was already paid in full the FCC was applied as a credit to my credit card.

That's great that Princess waived the restriction & credited your card using a FCC after final payment. Hopefully we'll be able to do the same thing but we're not counting on it. ;)

The Princess rep suggested calling after we earn our FCCs to ask about applying them after final payment so maybe we'll have the same experience as you. :D

I sailed on B2B 100% fare back cruises in November on the Golden. When I returned home both FCC where in my Captains Circle Account.

I had one applied to my already booked April sailing on the Emerald and the other was applied to my already paid in full December sailing on the Crown. Because the December cruise was already paid in full the FCC was applied as a credit to my credit card.

My 100% fare back cruise in January will be applied to a future December 2014 sailing.

I have a feeling as long as Princess has these 3-4 sailings this promo will continue to pop up. I see a cruise in March in my future.;)

That's great that Princess waived the restriction & credited your card using a FCC after final payment. Hopefully we'll be able to do the same thing but we're not counting on it. ;)

The Princess rep suggested calling after we earn our FCCs to ask about applying them after final payment so maybe we'll have the same experience as you. :D

The original 100% fare back offer didn't include the same disclaimer about being for unpaid cruises only that the current offer has.

The original 100% fare back offer didn't include the same disclaimer about being for unpaid cruises only that the current offer has.

Just to clarify when was the "original offer" without this restriction?

Back on 11/26 when thanks to CC posts I became aware of this promotion the email shared had the "can be combined with existing bookings that are not paid in full" restriction in the Terms & Conditions that I printed.

Are you able to use the FCCs from 2 different promotions on a single cruise? I was told no, but haven't actually called to try yet adding my 50% to the 100% one we've applied. That would be sweet, indeed.

Jean it's my understanding that they can be stacked if the cruise is not already paid for.

Don't quote me though. When I get back, I will call my TA.

Pat

Thank you for that information! It wasn't particularly clear on the Captain's Circle benefits page that the "members only onboard events" would be that type of event, I thought it might be a time when past members are given a sales pitch on future cruises, with a discount. The past Princess cruisers I was with never mentioned anything about an event last time and I know it wasn't to avoid hurting my feelings because they're family lol. Do you know if they do this even for short cruises (we were on a 4 day cruise last time)?

Despite my card being blue for F&F I hope they know I've been on a past cruise by somehow keeping track of the Captain's Circle level. Oddly, my emails about the cruise list everyone's loyalty level as "new" despite automatically populating the CC numbers that are clearly not new.

Once you have a number, they keep track of you. Just look for yourself. Log into My Princess and you can see your record.

There is always a Captain Circle party on 7 day cruises or longer, but I have no clue what they do on the shorter ones. Somehow I doubt they do it on the 4 day (which I will soon find out Dec. 22-26). I know they don't do a formal night on a four day, but they do on a five day.

Just to clarify when was the "original offer" without this restriction?

Back on 11/26 when thanks to CC posts I became aware of this promotion the email shared had the "can be combined with existing bookings that are not paid in full" restriction in the Terms & Conditions that I printed.

We took advantage of the "original" offer in the middle of October.

It was only for several California coastals at the end of Oct./beginning of November.

According to the terms and conditions, promo is open for Canadian residents. Itineraries do not look very interesting.

Princess Getaways Sale: Terms & Conditions

Sale ends October 31st, 11:59pm PT

*Book a qualifying voyage by October 31, 2013 and 100% of the cruise fare will be available as a future cruise credit (FCC) that will be applicable to any 2013/2014 published future cruise that is 7 days or longer. Once the qualifying voyage has sailed, an FCC will automatically be applied to passengers’ Captains Circle member number. The FCC must be applied to a future sailing departing before December 31, 2014. Above fares are based on Golden Princess® 10/21/13 and 10/28/13 departure. Other dates may vary. Fares apply to minimum lead-in categories on a space-available basis at time of booking. Fares for other categories, sailings and cruisetours may vary. Oceanview stateroom may have an obstructed view. Fares are per person, non-air, cruise- or cruisetour-only, based on double occupancy and apply to the first two passengers in a stateroom. These fares do not apply to singles or third/fourth-berth passengers. Government fees and taxes of $55-$90 are additional and subject to change. This offer is capacity controlled and may not be combinable with any other public, group or past passenger discount. Offer is available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older and receive this offer. Fares quoted in U.S. dollars. Please refer to the applicable Princess Cruises brochure or princess.com for terms, conditions and definitions that apply to all bookings. Offer expires: October 31, 2013. Note: For assistance reserving a wheelchair-accessible stateroom, please contact customer service at 1-800-774-6237.

This is the original offer.

Current off has a disclaimer that adds something about a cruise that has not been paid in full.

We took advantage of the "original" offer in the middle of October.

It was only for several California coastals at the end of Oct./beginning of November.

This is the original offer.

Current off has a disclaimer that adds something about a cruise that has not been paid in full.

Thanks for the info & missed this offer because we were 'escaping completely' on a cruise. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Decided we could not miss this great offer. We will be on the Emerald for 20 days for the holidays. Get off on the 8th, night in Fort Lauderdale, then board the Ruby for Jan 9, 13 & 18! Nice FCC's for our yet unbooked cruises for 1914.

Sure is a win, win deal for us. We would already be in FLL, just had to change our plane flight home. Southwest, so no penalities.

Decided we could not miss this great offer. We will be on the Emerald for 20 days for the holidays. Get off on the 8th, night in Fort Lauderdale, then board the Ruby for Jan 9, 13 & 18! Nice FCC's for our yet unbooked cruises for 1914.

Sure is a win, win deal for us. We would already be in FLL, just had to change our plane flight home. Southwest, so no penalities.

You guys have some sort of time machine? ;)

You guys have some sort of time machine? ;)

:D:D Guess I wish we did. Guess I meant 2014! Wish I had been more on the ball and booked all three at the same time. Booked the first one and snagged a Penthouse suite, when we decided to book the following 2, all suites and minisuites were taken. Wow, they went fast. That will bring us back to reality quickly, booked balcony on Caribe deck, our usual booking. Won't have a chance to get spoiled before we are back to reality.

I booked a suite but it hasn't been assigned yet. The wait is killing me....had c 751 on the Ruby in sept....would like a different one now just to see if there are any differences

I see on the four dayers they don't offer the specialty restaurant the first night. I wonder if they do the mini bar set up? If so, I'll get two :) that's a lot to keep me happy for four days!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Edited by WendyG

I booked a suite but it hasn't been assigned yet. The wait is killing me....had c 751 on the Ruby in sept....would like a different one now just to see if there are any differences

I see on the four dayers they don't offer the specialty restaurant the first night. I wonder if they do the mini bar set up? If so, I'll get two :) that's a lot to keep me happy for four days!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Straight from Princess

http://www.princess.com/html/global/popups/metas/suite.html

With the 3-5 day cruises being something rather new, I wonder if Princess has a fleetwide procedure for things offered on longer cruise for those in suites or for eligible Captain's Circle members? :confused:

Will there be a minibar per segment? If so, then I may exchange one of them for the 2 coffee cards. I've read that in lieu of the 40 Most Traveled lunch they have offered a specialty restaurant dinner instead. Captain's Circle Party? Maybe a free drink voucher instead.

Although unless Princess issues a standardized fleetwide policy what anyone gets on any cruise could be completely different for someone else. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

With the 3-5 day cruises being something rather new, I wonder if Princess has a fleetwide procedure for things offered on longer cruise for those in suites or for eligible Captain's Circle members? :confused:

Will there be a minibar per segment? If so, then I may exchange one of them for the 2 coffee cards. I've read that in lieu of the 40 Most Traveled lunch they have offered a specialty restaurant dinner instead. Captain's Circle Party? Maybe a free drink voucher instead.

Although unless Princess issues a standardized fleetwide policy what anyone gets on any cruise could be completely different for someone else. ;)

In October, 3-day, we got the minibar set-up in our Golden suite.

Edited by SadieN

I booked a "getaway" today and found out something from my TA that I think people should know and be aware of. What's happening is that TAs are getting almost no commission on these sales. Maybe $10-15. When the 100% for our getaway cruise is applied towards a future cruise and reducing the amount due, Princess is basing the TA's commission on the reduced fare, not the original fare. That sucks. She's taking it as far up the chain as she can because she's been working 16-hour days booking these getaways for almost no commission.

So, have patience with your TA if they're not jumping for joy when you're booking a getaway cruise in January.

Oh, boy: I really want to do the four day out of LA on Jan 16! Because Monday is a holiday, would only have to take two days off work. Some great prices on airfare, too.

The problem is that I don't see any way we could also do a seven day in 2014. . .we have three weeks blocked out for Europe and a TA in the fall, plus other stuff planned.

So am I reading the fine print that the credit must be USED, as compared to BOOKED in 2014? I'd love to use the credit on an Alaska cruise summer of 2015!

Thanks