One Woman's Opinion of New Captains Club

City_Woman

I have no issues.

Change is the hardest thing for people to cope with.

There are going to be happy people.

There are going to be people who don't care either way.

There are going to be unhappy people.

I can only imagine the challenges associate with Celebrity's decision making process around the changes.

I work for a very large corporation who deals with big change.

Celebrity - you're not perfect. But neither am I.

Congratulation on making the decision to finally implement the changes that have been rumoured for a couple years now.

Judy

I leave in 9 days on the Century as a Elete with only 1 Celebrity cruise under my best....and it was on the Mercury when it was new.....Yes I am a Diamond on RCCL....Wonder what the fuss would have been if they took that privlage away...Thank you Celebrity for allowing me to still be Elete..

I have no issues.

I can only imagine the challenges associate with Celebrity's decision making process around the changes.

Congratulation on making the decision to finally implement the changes that have been rumoured for a couple years now.

Judy

Great post but this will fly right over several posters head.

I have no issues.

Judy

Hmmm.... so, the guy/gal who has worked for the big corporation for 6 years gets a bonus, and the guy/gal who has worked for the same big corporation for 24 years gets nada?

Hmmm.... so, the guy/gal who has worked for the big corporation for 6 years gets a bonus, and the guy/gal who has worked for the same big corporation for 24 years gets nada?

If a company doesn't feel that a 24 year employee doesn't deserve a bonus, they dont' have to give it to them. The company makes the rules.

And it didn't take long for someone to come in and change the tone of this thread. I guess the other twenty threads were not enough.:rolleyes:

You are so right. I'm just thankful for all the good things in my life starting with my family, friends, having a great job and co-workers, and being able to cruise on Celebrity. And getting a few perks-a bag of laundry, a drink, some Internet minutes-is just the cherry on top.

Some perspective, please.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

Edited by Islander500

And it didn't take long for someone to come in and change the tone of this thread. I guess the other twenty threads were not enough.:rolleyes:

I agree. All the negativity lately on Cruise Critic is a downer. Thinking of not reading these threads any more.

I love cruising. My current cruise line of choice is Celebrity. I like the little extras they give me, but that's not what I cruise for. I cruise because I love being on the ocean. I love that my hotel moves with me instead of my having to change hotels. I love that someone else is doing the cooking and cleaning, usually with a smile.

So, thank you Celebrity for the new program. I wouldn't want to be a rep these days fielding calls from the angry folks on Cruise Critic.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

I love cruising. My current cruise line of choice is Celebrity. I like the little extras they give me, but that's not what I cruise for. I cruise because I love being on the ocean. I love that my hotel moves with me instead of my having to change hotels. I love that someone else is doing the cooking and cleaning, usually with a smile.

We feel the same. We've enjoyed 27 cruises so far, spread out over 8 different cruise lines, and we are not top tier on any of them....that doesn't matter to us. We choose our cruises based on port of embarkation and itinerary....whatever cruise line looks the best to us at the time for what we want to do is the one we book with. We don't really have a favorite line, although if we did Celebrity would be near the top of the list.:)

We just give thanks that we have the health and financial means to go on cruises....the rest is all secondary.

Edited by Chrislynn55

Thank you for starting a positive thread. I am, fortunately, in the happy category.....happy with the change, happy with the line and all it offers. The only thing I'm unhappy about is that 2 weeks ago I was on Eclipse and now I'm at home cooking and making my bed.

One thing I'm grateful for is that the tier levels in Celebrity are permanent once you achieve them. Just think what it would be like for all of us if they were like the hotels or airlines who reset their levels back to zero every Jan. For example, if you're 1K with United in 2013 and you don't fly 100,000 miles with them in 2014, you lose your 1K for 2015.

We all need to be thankful that we are able to cruise at all.

Happy Thanksgiving to all our friends to the south.

Well, you can always take your business elsewhere and that's what I'm considering doing.

From your past cruise profile you have sailed one Celebrity cruise and your complaining about the loyalty program? When you take your business elsewhere it appears that Celebrity won't notice the hole you left behind, in my opinion.