Bon Voyage Dave (DMWNC1959)!!!

sunsetbeachgal

Ryan is filling in for Sam until we pick her back up in St. Martin. Apparently her husband was on a motorcycle this last week when we were there and was struck by a car (?). He is reported to be doing much better.

:D

He's a really nice guy. If you can, send our best. She will know Pia and Mike.

Dave,

Another great week ahead.

Sue and I really enjoyed Carlos Oscar. He was the comedian on our B2B and we watched him 4 times. Very good.

Glad to hear that Sam's husband is recovering. Thanks for the update.

I recommend the Spice-Rubbed Tri Tip Roast.

Marty

Thanks so much for all these pictures.

I've been wondering about these two things ever since people started posting pictures of the ship.

Those two oval shaped things in the Enclave are waterbed loungers.

There are four heated stone beds on one side facing the hydrotherapy pool between the Laconium & Caldarium rooms, and there are another four located up on the platform behind the waterbed lounges.

Thanks for the info on the Enclave. I assume we get the passes at the Enclave ? Have a great week and we will watch you come in on Sunday !

Yes you sign up for the week long passes at the Enclave. As others have stated, you will want to get onboard as soon as possible and head straight there first to ensure you can get yours.

Dave - thanks for the dinner menu earlier today. Much appreciated' date='especially since the MDR isn't on your tour of duty. Its very helpful to us to try to plan our strategy for our week aboard. We were very pleasantly surprised by the look of the crab shack offering. Very helpful to see "second-hand." I'm dying to get onboard on the 22nd.[/quote']

My thanks to you as well. I'm also trying to plan which nights to take advantage of the dining options rather than the MDR. Hope you are able to share menus for the rest of the week as well. What kind of desserts are usually offered in the MDR?

Kathy

Dave - you are beyond fantastic in your generosity in "taking us along" for your vacation. For those of us who have been lucky enough to sail already' date=' it's like taking the cruise again!! For those looking forward to a cruise, you whet the appetite for what is ahead.

And posting the photos of the obstructed balconies is so far above and beyond - I have this wonderful mental image of you zooming from stateroom to stateroom.

Those who sailed with you last week and those who will cross you path this week are truly blessed.

Now off to watch Sail-Away#2 - the weather looks MUCH better today :)

Have fun......Kay[/quote']

Kay is right Dave, your photos of food and venues were amazing but your photo documentation of obstructed balconies on Emerald deck was beyond amazing. It was valiant. You are a modern day knight in shining armor to us.

And since I have a ticket to ride on March 30th, that makes ME a Royal Princess. My first order of business will be to knight you Sir David of iPhone.

Frankly, you're making both the Royal AND the iPhone look good so by Royal decree - carry on !!

My new cruise card has a Coke sticker, last week it was Sprite. Weird.

No so weird.

It is how they try to prevent cheating since embarking passengers will not know what past sticker type would be used for the current cruise.

Museums often do this with different colored pins indicating that admission was paid.

Hi Dave (and all of his loyal followers),

I am a CC "newbie." I happen to come across this thread after I returned from an AMAZING vacation on the Royal from 11/24-12/1. My family and I (husband and 3 small children) had such a wonderful time, I felt the need to stay connected to the ship.

After settling in and retuning to life as it was before our wonderful voyage, I couldn't help but "google" the Royal Princess...I wanted to read everything I could about this ship! This simple google search is the reason I stumbled upon this website and, specifically, this fabulous thread! I have truly enjoyed reading each and every post by you and everyone else who has chimed in!

I found myself laughing out loud when you discussed the midship stairway. Prior to sailing, I had not read anything about the Royal. My husband booked the cruise and all I did was pack the bags. Needless to say, I was unaware of any "faults" of this ship. The absence of the midship stairs did throw me for a loop the first day or two...but I quickly figured out how to best navigate my way around.

Thank you for posting such magnificent pictures and sharing your experience with everyone. Not only will I will continue to follow this thread, but I will never cruise again without first referring to his site.

Next on my reading list..."Everything Royal!"

Enjoy the 2nd week of your vacation!!!!!!

Jennifer

I can't even get pictures like that with my DSLR!!

I think one thing is clear from this thread, and the other recent live froms etc is that even with it's faults, it has now been proven time & again that it is possible to have a great holiday on this ship. There is so much on offer for the passenger, so much to do, great staff, great food (yes, subjective I know), so many choices about where to eat, many entertainment options, and if they can keep persuading the Beetlemaniacs to join more cruises even better.

I was going to have a year off cruising next year, just for a breather, but I think Dave has re-inspired me, so now looking at Regal for med, or Royal for a Baltics cruise for a pre summer jaunt.

40 week-long passes is the maximum per sailing and NO Day Passes are offered. Best to get one first thing after you board because two members of our CC group from last week grabbed theirs immediately after we re boarded on Turn Around Day. They seem to go very quick!

So very true. On the recent T/A, I purchased mine in the evening on the first day. I was #40. On a side note, I also noted (probably 12 or so days out of 18 that

I actually used the Enclave that it wasn't very crowded. I think 6 or so people was the most I ever saw using it at one time. There were several times I was the only one using the venue.....:):):)

Bob

Absolutely gorgeous day all the way around. Lots of great conversation, perfect weather, Deck 16 outdoor eateries and pool deck areas busy, five of the six cabanas rented in the Retreat, and so much going on today it's been hard to keep up. Ate breakfast in the International Cafe, lunch at Trident Grill and Prego (hamburgers and pizza were actually quite good), and I'm still contemplating Fondue's for dinner.

Tomorrow is Turn-Around Day and we are suppose to have our new cruise cards and information letter delivered to our staterooms around 5pm. It will be interesting to see how many are actually doing a B2B but I know of five from our Roll Call, myself included.

I did get pictures of the Concierge Lounge and Wedding Chapel and will post them tomorrow, and while making advanced reservations for our group for Monday night caught a glimpse of the Sabatini's Breakfast Menu for suite guests.

All pictures posted here have been taken with my iPhone 5.

And the manager of the photo gallery, in handing over the DVD from the 10/29 M&G, said that I must have a lot of friends. I can't wait to get home and watch this in the privacy of my apartment. I'm sure there will be tears of joy, happiness, and laughter. You guys are the greatest. Thank you! ;) :D

Dave;

Just saw your reply to my earlier post and all I can say is "Holy Cow."I spent $1200.00 on my 70D and don't get those kinda results as I'm still at the upper end of beginner level. Your pictures are great. Keep 'me coming.....:):):)

Bob

Sunrise, laundry, and breakfast.

Sunrise was nice and very few people were topside to see it.

In case anyone missed SwissDave's pictures from the Maiden Voyage, I took pictures of the Laundromat token vending machine. It is a LOT better than using a bunch or quarters!

Also took pictures of the breakfast areas in Horizon Court, Horizon Bistro, and Pastry Shop, as well as the MDR menu for tonight...

11289155463_4a82942df1_c.jpg

Dave;

Just outa curiosity, how's the reliability of the coin machines? They were out of order on a number of days during the T/A.....

Bob

Hi Bob!

They worked perfect for both myself and the other guy using them first thing this morning. :D

More later after we leave Princess Cay!!!

They worked perfect for both myself and the other guy using them first thing this morning. :D

Boy David since you get Elite free laundry it's way above and beyond paying to get tokens just to have a picture to post here. You're the man!

I believe that Dave is Platinum.

When we were on the TA we ate more in the Horizon Court than on any other cruise because the food was so good. However, it was never hot enough for me. Have they resolved that? I asked if it was because the air conditioning was cooling it off as we circled around for more selections, but the head guy there didn't think that was the problem.