No Christmas decorations on the CB yet

MarkSeattle

Well, I was planning on posting a few pics of the Christmas decorations on the Caribbean Princess before we left, but they're not up yet... Maybe they'll put them up later this week.

Well it is only 1 December !! No doubt they will appear in the next week or so. Have no fear.

Well it is only 1 December !! No doubt they will appear in the next week or so. Have no fear.

It is Nov 30th in the US :) . I am guessing they will be up in a matter of days....

Edited by Coral

It is Nov 30th in the US :) . They will decorate the ship this weekend I am guessing. It is usually the day people get off and new passengers get on.

Thank you, yes indeed you are a day behind us. Yes, the Chrissie lights and decorations will be on the ships very soon, as they will be at our house.

Thank you, yes indeed you are a day behind us. Yes, the Chrissie lights and decorations will be on the ships very soon, as they will be at our house.

I always correlate Christmas with cold weather. I was just thinking you guys have your Christmas lights/decor up in your warm weather (I forget other parts of the US does also). That would be a whole lot easier putting up your outdoor Christmas lights!

Last year the decorators came on the Crown during turnaround day in Venice on December 2nd. They remained onboard decorating the ship & disembarked a couple of days later.

Others have also posted having a company come onboard during turnaround day in early December which was our experience.

I always correlate Christmas with cold weather. I was just thinking you guys have your Christmas lights/decor up in your warm weather (I forget other parts of the US does also). That would be a whole lot easier putting up your outdoor Christmas lights!

In December, the way we know it's Christmas Day is that the temp reaches about 85 and it's clear, sunny and hot. ;)

Last year the decorators came on the Crown during turnaround day in Venice on December 2nd. They remained onboard decorating the ship & disembarked a couple of days later.

You are spot on Astro Flyer - we were on the same voyage as you last year on the Crown. Here's a shot of the decorator attaching tree ornaments by the Crown Grill on Dec. 2 (Venice). We were told that the decorators travel from ship to ship in their region.

845.jpg.47e230dd9708a9b9fb46837c1bee1d68.jpg

You are spot on Astro Flyer - we were on the same voyage as you last year on the Crown. Here's a shot of the decorator attaching tree ornaments by the Crown Grill on Dec. 2 (Venice). We were told that the decorators travel from ship to ship in their region.

They're great decorating the ships which is much better than at our house! ;)

Just got if the CB today no Christmas decorations yet

They were just starting to put them up this morning at 930. By the time we got off they had lit some of the garlands, but still a lot of work to do.

image_zps69ea5444.jpg

Edited by MarkSeattle

Yes, as I was going to disembark, I was walking behind a guy wheeling two large totes and wearing that T-shirt saying, "Holiday Decorators".

Oh well. Many were disappointed that there were no decorations even being started during the cruise. We were told they had them onboard, but no one to put them up :(

At least my cabin was a little festive.....

Yes, as I was going to disembark, I was walking behind a guy wheeling two large totes and wearing that T-shirt saying, "Holiday Decorators".

Oh well. Many were disappointed that there were no decorations even being started during the cruise. We were told they had them onboard, but no one to put them up :(

At least my cabin was a little festive.....

Just a little ;)

I was disappointed that there were no decorations on our cruise. On my only other early December cruise (Royal Caribbean Empress of the Seas), they started putting up the decorations early in the cruise and by the end, the ship was all decked out with lots of Christmas trees, and a gingerbread village.

I'd been looking forward to getting some cute photos next to the decorations, wearing my Santa hat :D Maybe next time I'll choose to cruise a week later.

Just a little ;)

I was disappointed that there were no decorations on our cruise. On my only other early December cruise (Royal Caribbean Empress of the Seas), they started putting up the decorations early in the cruise and by the end, the ship was all decked out with lots of Christmas trees, and a gingerbread village.

I'd been looking forward to getting some cute photos next to the decorations, wearing my Santa hat :D Maybe next time I'll choose to cruise a week later.

They usually go up the week earlier (right after Thanksgiving). I am surprised this went up that late. Sort of unusual.

Edited by Coral

We disembarked Emerald Princess today. Decorations were placed on ship during our cruise exactly one week after Thanksgiving...last Thursday. We arrived in Barbados that morning and when we left for a tour we noticed large boxes had been delivered to Deck 5. When we returned, beautiful decorations were all over the ship. We were told that Princess hires a company which flies teams to ships to install decorations. They were quite beautiful, but not overpowering.