Who's booking during Dec 2-4th WOW sale?

I was planning on booking but still deciding. So far, the price on the cruise I'm looking at has remained steady.

My only hang up is that I have 2 trips coming up in Feb and April that i still need to buy air fare for. This cruise wouldn't be until Feb of 2015. I'm starting to think that the money I would spend on the deposit can be used to buy my airfare for trips that coming up sooner. decisions, decisions. I'll decide by Wednesday.

Im assuming it is within final payment?? If not,book it and hope for a price drop....if it doesn't ,cancel:) Good luck,Karen!

No, it's for next Oct....Vision to Bermuda... but it's just crazy how they are pricing for Solo cruiser's now...$1400 for a 6nt cruise and this wasn't even a balcony cabin!

I just booked our cruise for Nov. but the FOS was not included in the sale so the sale did me no good.

However I did get the price I wanted and the perfect balcony location. Since it follows Thanksgiving, now all I have to worry about is that airline prices for that time of the year. YUK!

Did you use a C&A Balcony discount? If so, that is why you did not get the wow sale...it's not combinable with the balcony discount, C&A coupon or shareholder credits...

Edited by kc320

No, it's for next Oct....Vision to Bermuda... but it's just crazy how they are pricing for Solo cruiser's now...$1400 for a 6nt cruise and this wasn't even a balcony cabin!

Gotcha........I looked at that one when it first came out and it was pretty pricey then.......guess it really hasn't dropped...........probably because of the unique itinerary..

Gotcha........I looked at that one when it first came out and it was pretty pricey then.......guess it really hasn't dropped...........probably because of the unique itinerary..

I know...and for 1 port...even if it is Bermuda...oh well...still going to go to Baltimore then & see my baby again...:Djust would have been nice to do a cruise from there too...

I did and only had to pay the $125.

Thank you.

Thumbs up!:D

I know...and for 1 port...even if it is Bermuda...oh well...still going to go to Baltimore then & see my baby again...:Djust would have been nice to do a cruise from there too...

Seeing the baby is better than Bermuda......she is such a cutie...:)

Well,if you dont want to call or use a travel agent to book it for you,Im afraid you won't be able to do it.:(

The Freedom was excluded??? :confused::confused::confused: It is supposed to be for ALL ships except the Quantum..

I booked Freedom today, for June. I was told only Quantum was excluded. And the price I was quoted was the same as I had seen on the site over the weekend. I had to decide between the C&A discount or OBC, and as D+ the discount was a greater value than the OBC, it was a no brainier choice. I knew this ahead of time, so no surprises there...I would have booked it myself online, but the site can never manage to find me connecting cabins.

Ok, now I am confused. I am now reading that FOS is not excluded from the WOW sale. Someone also said I had to CALL in order to get OBC and/or reduced deposit. I didn't read on the RC WOW website anything about having to talk to them direct. In fact it directed me to do it online. If this is true what can I do go take advantage of this sale?:D

Ok, now I am confused. I am now reading that FOS is not excluded from the WOW sale. Someone also said I had to CALL in order to get OBC and/or reduced deposit. I didn't read on the RC WOW website anything about having to talk to them direct. In fact it directed me to do it online. If this is true what can I do go take advantage of this sale?:D

You can book a cruise on Royal's website and you will get the WOW OBC. However, the website is not programmed to allow the half-price deposits, so if you are committed to using the website, you will have to pay the full deposit. If you did this, you could probably call them and get half the deposit credited back, but then you might as well have called them up front and just booked the cruise.

Another technique you can use (which still requires a call) is to use the website to select the cruise and then put it on courtesy hold. Then call to pay the deposit. The advantage of this is that the call would be much shorter than booking the entire cruise over the phone.

FR is NOT excluded......only Quantum........your best bet is just call.

What's with the new change in not being able to modify a reservation if there's obc involved?

Not sure what you mean. Are you referring to losing the WOW OBC if you change the ship or sail date?

As a consumer who is very frugal, these 'wow' sales crack me up. They simply raise the price of every cabin usually $200 each. There really is no savings whatsoever. I'm a 'book after final payment' kind of gal anyway. Now there's where the deals can be found! Shame on RC for trying to make people think they are getting a bargain. :rolleyes:

Edited by Esmerelda

Not sure what you mean. Are you referring to losing the WOW OBC if you change the ship or sail date?

On my main dashboard page, it says this:

Please note: Cruise or Cruisetour reservations with Onboard Credits can only be modified by calling 866-562-7625. You can, however, complete your Online Check-in and make reservations using our Pre-Cruise Planner.

We booked our last trip during wow, and didn't have this then?

Haven't seen that before. Must be one of the new "enchancements" to the website they just added.

Quote:

Please note: Cruise or Cruisetour reservations with Onboard Credits can only be modified by calling 866-562-7625. You can, however, complete your Online Check-in and make reservations using our Pre-Cruise Planner.

Oh...that's just special. :rolleyes::)

As a consumer who is very frugal, these 'wow' sales crack me up. They simply raise the price of every cabin usually $200 each. There really is no savings whatsoever. I'm a 'book after final payment' kind of gal anyway. Now there's where the deals can be found! Shame on RC for trying to make people think they are getting a bargain. :rolleyes:

Not always true.I just booked 2 cruises during the WOW sale.I have been watching the prices since they were released and they haven't gone up or down.Still exactly the same.

Regards Elaine.

not really a sale!!!

True, I booked yesterday, they gave me the choice of the WOW discount or my Diamond + Balcony discount....could not have both, and did not save any $$...who are they trying to kid? I guess first time cruisers with no C&A perks....

Like the saying goes...."Nothing is really Free"...there is always a catch and RCL is always looking to make $$, not give anything away....

Not always true.I just booked 2 cruises during the WOW sale.I have been watching the prices since they were released and they haven't gone up or down.Still exactly the same.

Regards Elaine.

Correct, it is not always true. My upcoming cruise had an across the board price increase. My category went up $400.00 per person the day the WOW sale started.

The kicker is that a monitoring site that I use shows the ship as 61% booked. I'm expecting a big fire sale the day after final payment is due.

Esmerelda.... I agree with your pricing and booking strategy 100%.

The cruise I booked on FOS did not go up in price one penny. The half deposit helped us out.