Cabanas on Noordam

Thebes

Hello fellas,

My Wonderful TA was able to book me 11 days southern Caribbean on Noordam 2015 . She also was able to book the most coveted room # 4164 with the 18ft unique balcony which was taken for my feb 14 booking on Eurodam. Now, I know Noordam has retreat cabanas. If anyone had been in them , can u please share how u liked em ? Can I request the one I like from ship Coord just like the Eurodam or not ? If so which ones are portside cabanas , if u know ?

Also please comment on the itinerary or the ship if you have tried either. Appreciate it!

Thank you guys in advance :):)

Edited by Thebes

Hello fellas,

My Wonderful TA was able to book me 11 days southern Caribbean on Noordam 2015 . She also was able to book the most coveted room # 4164 with the 18ft unique balcony which was taken for my feb 14 booking on Eurodam. Now, I know Noordam has retreat cabanas. If anyone had been in them , can u please share how u liked em ? Can I request the one I like from ship Coord just like the Eurodam or not ? If so which ones are portside cabanas , if u know ?

Also please comment on the itinerary or the ship if you have tried either. Appreciate it!

Thank you guys in advance :):)

We had #4166 on the Noordam in '10. Nice if you're entertaining a lot of people. For just the two of us, it was too large...not "cozy" at all. We did invite a couple over once or twice, but that was it.

Congrats on snagging that balcony. I did pretty much this itinerary on the Noordam this year. I love St Lucia. The Noordam isn't my favorite. I had issues with my toilet for a good chunk of the cruise. Also, this was the cruise my luggage went AWOL. I'm sure you'll have a great cruise. I bet you like the Eurodam better;).

Edited by lorekauf

Thanks cruisetrail. You're always on the ball. Do u have a map for the cabanas ? I like to request a port side if possible.

You are looking at the port side in cruisetrail's second pic. We had the big corner one a few weeks back, the one that the people are in.

There is no real "map", they are in a c shape along the edge, open area in the middle with nice sun beds, if you prefer sun.

It was a pretty seasoned "been there, done that, ho hum" group on the 10 day southern route we took, so there was very little usage. Only 2 or 3 occupied on any given day. We rented it on the second last sea day and loved it, would do it again in a heartbeat.

You are looking at the port side in cruisetrail's second pic. We had the big corner one a few weeks back, the one that the people are in.

There is no real "map", they are in a c shape along the edge, open area in the middle with nice sun beds, if you prefer sun.

It was a pretty seasoned "been there, done that, ho hum" group on the 10 day southern route we took, so there was very little usage. Only 2 or 3 occupied on any given day. We rented it on the second last sea day and loved it, would do it again in a heartbeat.

Thanks for the comment. How did u like the Noordam in general terms ? Food, service, etc. does it show age at all ?

Did u enjoy the itinerary ?

Is that some type of plexi-glass across the back of the cabana? If so, how do you get "fresh air" in there?

The cabanas facing the side of the ship have plexiglass above the railing. As has been mentioned a number of times on this site, it does hold back some air movement. The aft facing cabanas are open, so that you will get more air moving through.

Some people like the protection of the plexiglass and other prefer the open ones.

The cabanas facing the side of the ship have plexiglass above the railing. As has been mentioned a number of times on this site, it does hold back some air movement. The aft facing cabanas are open, so that you will get more air moving through.

Some people like the protection of the plexiglass and other prefer the open ones.

This is why we really liked the "family" cabana - wraparound breeze from the side and aft. I have not had time to get to my pix, will post one if I have a good one.

The loungers are bigger (for 2, if you wish) with a table between, and then the table and 2 chairs.

We had 5, but no one on staff seemed to care

You are correct, I misspoke my directions.

We were facing aft, cabanas are all the way forward, accessed by a special (new ) elevator outside the Crows Nest elevator bank that goes from deck 10 to 11

Thank you. Of course no one in ship's services knows that.mmm