Photos of Indy in the Caribbean after her TA

For you Independence fans out there...on our recent Jewel cruise we shared some ports with Independence as she made her way from Britain back to FLL...you can't often get these kinds of photos of the ship you are on, so we thought we'd share them!

SMX

Docked with Jewel in SMX:

153586923.jpg

Blue boys and their boss hailing friends on Jewel after a long summer away!

153586899.jpg

Leaving SMX

153586905.jpg

153586907.jpg

Peek a boo pair in St Kitts:

153586978.jpg

Leaving St Kitts:

153586993.jpg

I'll have more on our Jewel cruise starting tomorrow!

For you Independence fans out there...on our recent Jewel cruise we shared some ports with Independence as she made her way from Britain back to FLL...you can't often get these kinds of photos of the ship you are on, so we thought we'd share them!

SMX

Docked with Jewel in SMX:

153586923.jpg

Blue boys and their boss hailing friends on Jewel after a long summer away!

153586899.jpg

Leaving SMX

153586905.jpg

153586907.jpg

Peek a boo pair in St Kitts:

153586978.jpg

Leaving St Kitts:

153586993.jpg

I'll have more on our Jewel cruise starting tomorrow!

Awesome moment to see!

I've since been told by someone on the RC for the TA that they didn't go to St Kitts, and so now I'm not sure:confused: as that was what we were told. But, in any case, I know for sure Independence was in port with us, in a couple of places with a very "mature" crowd on board;)

Maybe someone can sort it out?

I've since been told by someone on the RC for the TA that they didn't go to St Kitts, and so now I'm not sure:confused: as that was what we were told. But, in any case, I know for sure Independence was in port with us, in a couple of places with a very "mature" crowd on board;)

Maybe someone can sort it out?

I think it's just that we got off a week earlier, so you saw Indy on her 1st sailing from Fort Lauderdale. We (on the TA) disembarked on the 15th, but then her next sailing from there was the one that you shared a few ports with.

Hope that makes sense! Sally

I think it's just that we got off a week earlier, so you saw Indy on her 1st sailing from Fort Lauderdale. We (on the TA) disembarked on the 15th, but then her next sailing from there was the one that you shared a few ports with.

Hope that makes sense! Sally

That makes perfect sense!! There must have been a lot of B2B's, it was a much more mature crowd than one usually sees on Independence for a Caribbean itinerary! Many, many wheel chairs, at least twice we saw ambulances removing pax from the ship while in port. And there was a marked age difference between Jewel pax and Independence pax coming down the ramps. It was surprising, because generally, you hear about younger folks liking all the bells and whistles and activities on Independence and more experienced cruisers enjoying the beautiful views from lounge centered activities on Jewel.

That makes perfect sense!! There must have been a lot of B2B's, it was a much more mature crowd than one usually sees on Independence for a Caribbean itinerary! Many, many wheel chairs, at least twice we saw ambulances removing pax from the ship while in port. And there was a marked age difference between Jewel pax and Independence pax coming down the ramps. It was surprising, because generally, you hear about younger folks liking all the bells and whistles and activities on Independence and more experienced cruisers enjoying the beautiful views from lounge centered activities on Jewel.

I was on the 15 Nov. IOS cruise from Port Everglades. This was my fifth RCI cruise and I was surprised at the number of people in wheelchairs, powered scooters and using a walker. Did not create any problems and I also observed numerous people with babies that appeared to be less than one year old.

We were docked beside the Jewel at two ports, I think St. Marten and St. Kitts. The jewel had a Caribbean type music band on their deck and the IOS was almost silent.

I was leaving the 9PM Ice Show and observed someone laying on the floor being attended to. We were directed to another exit so no idea what happened. The following morning I observed an ambulance back up to the gangway. Did not watch any further and one of my dinner mates said that at another port he saw someone being removed in an ambulance.

Thank you so much for the beautiful pictures!! We'll be on her in 5 days, going to St. Maarten, St. Kitts, San Juan and Labadee!!

Is that a 7 night? Have fun!! Im really thinking once summer 2015 opens I may book a freedom class- its the only class I haven't sailed yet! She certainly looked lovely...Im always impressed at how Royal can build a "big ship" and have it not look like some of the floating boxes you see out there!

I was on the 15 Nov. IOS cruise from Port Everglades. This was my fifth RCI cruise and I was surprised at the number of people in wheelchairs, powered scooters and using a walker. Did not create any problems and I also observed numerous people with babies that appeared to be less than one year old.

We were docked beside the Jewel at two ports, I think St. Marten and St. Kitts. The jewel had a Caribbean type music band on their deck and the IOS was almost silent.

I was leaving the 9PM Ice Show and observed someone laying on the floor being attended to. We were directed to another exit so no idea what happened. The following morning I observed an ambulance back up to the gangway. Did not watch any further and one of my dinner mates said that at another port he saw someone being removed in an ambulance.

Yeah, it was weird!! Our Jewel cruise was very youthful! A lot of young "get away" couples who found the busy port intensive itinerary appealing. Lots of PR extended families on board, as well as the typical regular cruiser who likes to go during this time of year, it was really a nice mix!!

Is that a 7 night? Have fun!! Im really thinking once summer 2015 opens I may book a freedom class- its the only class I haven't sailed yet! She certainly looked lovely...Im always impressed at how Royal can build a "big ship" and have it not look like some of the floating boxes you see out there!

They are awesome ships and I think they are my favorite class. Try one, I don't think you will be disappointed. Indy's 8 night itinerary is very nice.

We noticed that as well and thought maybe it was either our skewed perception or maybe that it was normal given the time of year. Oh well, as you mention, it was not a problem at all, just a little bit odd.

Thank you so much for the beautiful pictures!! We'll be on her in 5 days, going to St. Maarten, St. Kitts, San Juan and Labadee!!

Let me know how this cruise was; hubby and I are going on the same cruise in Feb :)