All things Anthem of the Seas :)

BillOh

I hope so to, although ANTHEM is won't be the first RCI ship I'd sail on...

But I am still excited about the itineraries - maybe she also comes to Norway... but I think mainly it will be the Mediterranean where she operates...

Surely they will venture up into the Norwegian Fjords and the Baltic Sea occasionally.

Maybe a 2 week cruise doing the highlights. ???

I'm too waiting for the schedules to be released for Anthem of the Seas, hope to do a short sailing in the May or October school holidays.

When RCI were talking about sending Quantum to Europe I heard that only some ports are big enough for her to dock, e.g. Southampton, Barcelona, Le Harve, so will be interesting to see the itineraries for a full European season.

Norway may also be a problem as the Ffords are small ports.

I'd also heard that these large ships struggle to tender due to large numbers of people.

May all be nonsense so will wait and see unless any one can enlighten me further!

Thanks, Gillian

Surely they will venture up into the Norwegian Fjords and the Baltic Sea occasionally.

Maybe a 2 week cruise doing the highlights. ???

I am not quite sure ;), she could be too large for the Baltics.

I think ANTHEM may do Norway cruises 1 or 2 times a season, as INDEPENDENCE did in 2013 and does in 2014... ANTHEM I think could access the Norwegian Fjords/ports as cause INDEPENDENCE is/was also able to call there. ;)

I think ADVENTURE will be sent to the baltic Sea, Norway and Iceland in 2015 as well as in 2013 and 2014...

But we will see... :)

Edited by celebrity_fan

• 2 weeks later...
A little birdy told me Monday 2/17 is the internal target date when the Anthem itineraries will be announced. Not sure where yet...but likely on the RCI site.

That would be great! Check and see if your little birdy has news when we can book.

Thanks in advance.

I'm too waiting for the schedules to be released for Anthem of the Seas, hope to do a short sailing in the May or October school holidays.

When RCI were talking about sending Quantum to Europe I heard that only some ports are big enough for her to dock, e.g. Southampton, Barcelona, Le Harve, so will be interesting to see the itineraries for a full European season.

Norway may also be a problem as the Ffords are small ports.

I'd also heard that these large ships struggle to tender due to large numbers of people.

May all be nonsense so will wait and see unless any one can enlighten me further!

Thanks, Gillian

Anthem won't be much bigger than Independence, at least not enough to make her unable to visit the same ports that Indy does. I would imagine the itineraries will be very similar to the ones which Independence does.

Also I have been to one port where Independence had to tender (Villefranche) and it worked fine with nearly 4500 passengers onboard.

Edited by littlesteelo

• 2 weeks later...
My Birdy said your Birdy was wrong, and that sales will open to C&A on the 12th :D

Hi, great information!! :)So the 12th of February??

But I am only a Celebrity Captains Club Member - would I be able to view the itineraries with that account or do I have to wait until the 17th???

Last I was told...that has not been finalized 100%, but likely similar to the INDY run in Europe.

That makes me a bit sad as much as I would love a 14 day med cruise, I don't have enough vacation time. A 12 day would be ideal for me. For those that can do so, enjoy!

I so want to book a cruise out of Southampton. What are your guesses as to Med ports?

I also think that the Med cruises of ANTHEM may be very similar to those of INDEPENDENCE, the ships are also similarly sized.

I also could imagine that she sails 2-3 times to Northern areas such as Norway or the Channel...

12th Feb would be great to be able to book... but I hope we have some idea of exactly what we can book a fair bit before then. I'd rather not have to try and decide what cruise to take a couple of minutes before the bookings open!

This is what I was thinking. How do people usually go about this? Are the itineraries usually posted a couple of days before so people can decide or do you just call and hope you're one of the first people through and then ask the rep "Whadda ya got?" :D

Clearly my birdy does not know its **** from its Elbow, and gets the Allure and Anthem mixed up, the actual dates are.

The 12 of Feb is when the Allure C&A bookings opens, general booking on the 18th

For the Anthem it is actually 26 Feb for C&A, and 3 March for general release. :D

Clearly my birdy does not know its **** from its Elbow, and gets the Allure and Anthem mixed up, the actual dates are.

The 12 of Feb is when the Allure C&A bookings opens, general booking on the 18th

For the Anthem it is actually 26 Feb for C&A, and 3 March for general release. :D

Bad birdy...bad birdy... :D

Knew it wasn't going to be until at least 2/17 from what my source indicated. I got an e-mail yesterday telling me it will be the following week....so....

Looks like the week of Feb 24th is indeed when things become available for info on cruise itineraries on Anthem. Most likely...Tuesday 2/25...but no guarantees. Yes, C&A will be first, followed by general info the following week - that's the way it's always been done.

Bad birdy...bad birdy... :D

Knew it wasn't going to be until at least 2/17 from what my source indicated. I got an e-mail yesterday telling me it will be the following week....so....

Looks like the week of Feb 24th is indeed when things become available for info on cruise itineraries on Anthem. Most likely...Tuesday 2/25...but no guarantees. Yes, C&A will be first, followed by general info the following week - that's the way it's always been done.

I think both of your birdies deserve a cracker or whatever kind of treat is generally fed to birds LOL.

That's great news, glad to hear we'll get to book Anthem sooner rather than later!

When you say Allure, is that just the next batch of itineraries for her or some kind of special sailing?