Balance Due After Final Payment

I made the final payment yesterday for our upcoming Splendour of the Seas cruise. When I checked the "My Cruises" section on the RCCL website a short time later, it showed that I had an outstanding balance of $360. I waited to see if it was simply due to a glitch in the system, but after a few hours, my unpaid balance had gone up to $670. I phoned Crown & Anchor and they adjusted it back to a $0 balance. An outstanding balance of $360 showed up again overnight, followed by another for $895. I called C & A an hour ago, and they readjusted it back to $0 once more. I just looked at the website and there is now another outstanding balance of $360!

Has anyone else had this happen to them? I have read about people having unpaid balances of a few dollars, but nothing as strange as this. The C & A representatives have all been very nice and apologetic, too, but I am getting a bit frustrated. Is there someone besides C & A that I should call? Thanks for any advice - I will have to phone Royal Caribbean for the fourth time in 24 hours to try to straighten this out.

I made the final payment yesterday for our upcoming Splendour of the Seas cruise. When I checked the "My Cruises" section on the RCCL website a short time later, it showed that I had an outstanding balance of $360. I waited to see if it was simply due to a glitch in the system, but after a few hours, my unpaid balance had gone up to $670. I phoned Crown & Anchor and they adjusted it back to a $0 balance. An outstanding balance of $360 showed up again overnight, followed by another for $895. I called C & A an hour ago, and they readjusted it back to $0 once more. I just looked at the website and there is now another outstanding balance of $360!

Has anyone else had this happen to them? I have read about people having unpaid balances of a few dollars, but nothing as strange as this. The C & A representatives have all been very nice and apologetic, too, but I am getting a bit frustrated. Is there someone besides C & A that I should call? Thanks for any advice - I will have to phone Royal Caribbean for the fourth time in 24 hours to try to straighten this out.

It must be frustrating, I have not had that happen, but the RCCL site is a horrible website full of glitches. Keep track of all the payments and hopefully the situation fixes itself.

I also have this issue right now. We are sailing on Friday, and it shows that I owe $120.00. I called last Monday and was told there was a $0 balance but that I should email the website. I emailed on Monday and Tuesday, but I still have not received a response. I called again yesterday, was told the same thing, and I was given a receipt to show at port (emailed to me). It is very frustrating. Honestly, I am almost MORE frustrated that RCCL has never responded to my emails.

Thanks for the info and suggestions! Today is my final payment day and I was worried that if I showed an unpaid balance that they might cancel my cruise. The last C & A guy that I spoke with assured me that they would not cancel without phoning me first. He also told me that there are notes in my reservation that explain what has been happening. Maybe I will wait a few days to call back and hope that all (or most!) of the system errors get corrected.

happyscmom - Yikes, that would really concern me to have an outstanding balance for a cruise leaving on Friday! I'm crossing my fingers that everything goes smoothly for you at embarkation!

Edited by Linda in MI

It's definitely a glitch in their booking system. I've been having the same problem with cruises I've booked for some friends in May. Accessing the booking magically re-rates the cruise and removes any promotional deals or specials. It doesn't make any sense, I know, but I've confirmed that is exactly what's happening. I hope the updates another poster mentioned fix the problem!

Our cruise leaving on the 12th on the Serenade has been showing a $6.30 balance for some time now...I've been sweating it as well. I even paid the $6.30 once to mKe it just go away and it came right back. I had C&A make a note on the reservation so it wouldn't get cancelled.

Ryan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If you are doing anything like checking in or reserving tours/packages etc, the glitch will make a balance due or thats what the guy told me when I called about a balance owing..he said to keep an eye on it. He said he put notes in my file

Our cruise leaving on the 12th on the Serenade has been showing a $6.30 balance for some time now...I've been sweating it as well. I even paid the $6.30 once to mKe it just go away and it came right back. I had C&A make a note on the reservation so it wouldn't get cancelled.

Ryan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm also on the 12/12 Serenade cruise. I called well over a month ago about my $6.30 balance and was assured that I really don't have a balance and not to worry about it; was told it would "Go away eventually". I am coming to the conclusion that it will go away once we've sailed :D:D:D

Having said that, I have a few minutes to spare right now so I think I'll call again and see what C&A says about it this time!

Ok just talked to C&A. They told me it doesn't show on their end, it is only something we see.

There was some sort of system upgrade 10/28 which caused some guests who were paid in full to get these random balance due figures. $6.30 seems to be a common one, but there are other amounts, too.

IT is working on it, blah blah blah but he assured me we're paid in full (which of course I already knew).

I had him email me a invoice showing that (I probably already had one somewhere but what the heck).

I'll just take it with us in case we need it but it really does sound as though it's an IT glitch that is not affecting their side of things.

The RCCL IT Dept is running a fix to (hopefully) correct the system errors and issues that have occured since their last upgrade on 10/25.

The fix will run tomorrow night and by Thursday most of the bugs should be fixed.

I can't wait to see how screwed up the website is on Thursday morning.:rolleyes: