New to Celebrity

ladytaekwondo

I am looking to see an example of the daily planner for Celebrity. DH and I are leaving on Connie in February 2014 and I am just curious. What is the name of the restaurant (free) we can eat lunch at on embarkation day? We usually cruise Royal (Diamond) but we wanted to try Celebrity. I am also looking for a LIST of the dining facilities that do not have a fee onboard. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I am looking to see an example of the daily planner for Celebrity. DH and I are leaving on Connie in February 2014 and I am just curious. What is the name of the restaurant (free) we can eat lunch at on embarkation day? We usually cruise Royal (Diamond) but we wanted to try Celebrity. I am also looking for a LIST of the dining facilities that do not have a fee onboard. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The buffet on the Lido deck is the only place for lunch on Embarkation day.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1391904000,-8,ca_carnival,first%20Miracle%20cruise%20

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1396058400,-8,ca_celebrity,cruising%20the%20Pacific%20Coastal%20on%20Century

I think you mean Aqua Spa Cafe. It is not really a cafe, just an area near the spa. There is much better seating around it on the M class (Constellation) than on the S class so you should be able to find a table. The food is really good. You can order a hot dish as well as the cold ones that are laid out.

Other free dining places are the MDR, poolside grill ( really good hamburgers and fries, hot dogs etc, buffet. I haven't been on the Connie for a while so I forget the name of the buffet. Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by YVR cruiser

Actually all of the no-extra charge dining areas except for the Main Dining Room and Blu are open for lunch on embarkation day and Bistro On Five ($5 cover charge) is open for lunch then as well.

To recap the posts above the no extra charge dining areas on the ship are:

Main Dining Room (called San Marco Restaurant on Constellation)

Blu (assigned dining room for Aquaclass with suites allowed access on space available basis

Buffet (called Oceanview Café & Grill on Constellation)

Pool Grill (by pool just outside of buffet area and called Mast Grill on some ships)

Aqua Spa Café (in Solarium)

Also, as others have mentioned the pastries and other food items at Café al Bacio are no extra charge although this is for snacks and not a dining area where meals are served.

A special note about the buffet on Constellation and other M class ships, or the Century, is in order for first timers: The buffet is separated into many different serving stations. This is not apparent when you first walk in and most new guests tend to line up at the very front as they enter the area which creates huge lines there and also causes them miss nice options in other areas of the buffet. The first time you go for lunch or breakfast there do not get in line right away. Instead take a tour down one side, around the inside back of the buffet and up the other side to see all the stations and options before deciding where to start. You can also consider the grill area outside as the burgers and hot dogs there are excellent and can be brought into the buffet area for seating. And when picking out a dessert or snack, don't miss the ice cream bar located towards the front of the buffet which has a great selection of ice creams and toppings at no extra charge.

The buffet area on the S class ships is organized into more discrete serving stations so the above approach in more intuitive there.

Edited by Lsimon

No, that's not true. The buffet (Oceanview), AquaSpa Cafe, Cafe Al Bacio, and Poolside grill are all open for lunch on embarkation day. As well as Bistro on Five and The Porch, both for $5.

Actually all of the no-extra charge dining areas except for the Main Dining Room and Blu are open for lunch on embarkation day and Bistro On Five ($5 cover charge) is open for lunch then as well.

Just in case readers might think that Blu is open on sea days for lunch, remember that Blu doesn't offer lunch -- only breakfast and dinner service.