Best breakfast meal

Room service ordered night before works as alarm clock,they call 10mins before delivery.We then eat on balcony watch port or sea.Always order extra tomato juices so we can make our "virgin" bloody Mary's with the tabasco and A1 others are looking for in windjammer LOL .

I don't know why, but I really look forward to the corn beef hash in the WJ.

It is nowhere near the best hash I have had, but I think it the opportunity to have it every day, and that alone is the best thing. Combine with a fresh cooked egg, and that is a great start of the day.

I don't know why, but I really look forward to the corn beef hash in the WJ.

It is nowhere near the best hash I have had, but I think it the opportunity to have it every day, and that alone is the best thing. Combine with a fresh cooked egg, and that is a great start of the day.

I start with room service =coffee and sweet roll .Then WJ for hash,scrambled eggs and grits on top. Another fav is waffle with strawberries and whipped cream. Takes awhile to find that as not together.

We really enjoyed the expanded breakfast buffet on Vision in August.

Does Jewel have it as well in the MDR? It worked for those of us who liked the buffet and others in our group who ordered off from the menu.

Thanks

Bill

WJ is great.. 3 eggs over medium please, add 2 english muffins, get a load of awesome crispy bacon, a couple of french toast triangles go to table unload then go grab 2 coffees and an OJ. I had no problem finding butter, jam and syrup.

question..

why does the butter taste so different (better) on the ship compared to what I can find in the US? I forgot to write down the brand.

Any breakfast I have on a cruise ship is the best!!

I love to start with a small room service order of coffee, juice and a few bites of something, maybe pastry +/or fruit. Followed by a trip to the MDR for more coffee, eggs benedict or French toast w/ sausage, YUMM!

(If we have a balcony then I like a full room service breakfast if the menu allows)

We were on Allure three weeks ago and had a wonderful breakfast at Johnny Rockets.

We usually eat outside, but this time we went inside and enjoyed sitting in a booth with lots of room.

I asked for skim milk with my coffee, and they brought it to me in a very large glass (no carton).

I had French Toast, eggs over easy, bacon, and a toasted bagel.

It was the best breakfast I had on the cruise (and free).

On most cruises my favorite is eggs benedict served cooked fresh in the suite dining area, one of the specialty restaurants. However, on Jewel my favorite was the amazing blueberry pancakes!

Edited by 39august

I saw a thread about breakfast room service and it brought to mind the question of what has been the best breakfast you had on a cruise ship. What ship was this meal on, what location, and where do you think is best to go for breakfast

I've been on monarch of the seas and allure of the seas, and I've done mdr and windjammer...so far, I think the windjammer food is identical to mdr breakfast and the windjammer is much faster, but even then, I've never had a truly GOOD breakfast on rci.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Try JR and park cafe.

Room service ordered night before works as alarm clock,they call 10mins before delivery.We then eat on balcony watch port or sea.Always order extra tomato juices so we can make our "virgin" bloody Mary's with the tabasco and A1 others are looking for in windjammer LOL .

We also use the room service for our alarm clock. We get bran muffins and milk (for our in-room coffee). Then off to the Windjammer of MDR, but I think we'll try Johnny Rockets.

We, too, love the dining room for breakfast. It's casual, so shorts are fine...and you're served on tablecloths! Everything you need is on the table, so no searching for jellys/syrup/butter, etc.... So much nicer than a buffet!

I totally agree! It's not that you can't find it at the WJ, it's just right there at your table in the MDR. Even having the silverware on the table is nice when you have small kids. Anything that will save me a trip up from my seat to fetch them something. I much preferred MDR, but my inlaws preferred WJ, so different strokes.

My favorite was getting a made to order omelette in the MDR, yum! And then fresh fruit and yogurt with toppings from the granola bar. I don't know how it works in the WJ, because I didn't get an omelette there, but it was nice to order it from the table and then focus on getting the kids' food before mine came.

Another vote for Johnny Rockets on the Oasis. Made to order breakfast and all the bacon you can eat. Only Oasis & Allure have breakfast at JR. Voyager class is not open for breakfast.

RCI- if you're reading this: please open up breakfast at Johnny Rockets on Voyager Class ships and future ships. Best breakfast by far.

Last December in the MDR restaurant I had egg nog pancakes. The batter used eggnog instead of milk and they had this butter type egg nog spread in between. Being an eggnog lover, it was great!!1

Of course, being lactose intolerant, my wife paid the price the rest of the day.:D But I loved it. Have never seen this on any other ship.

Other than the above, HAL has 6 different types of Eggs Benedict, all made to order. These are second place to eggnog pancakes.

Another vote for Johnny Rockets on the Oasis. Made to order breakfast and all the bacon you can eat. Only Oasis & Allure have breakfast at JR. Voyager class is not open for breakfast.

RCI- if you're reading this: please open up breakfast at Johnny Rockets on Voyager Class ships and future ships. Best breakfast by far.

Are you seated at JR like you would be in the MDR for breakfast? Is there a cover charge for breakfast?

Last December in the MDR restaurant I had egg nog pancakes. The batter used eggnog instead of milk and they had this butter type egg nog spread in between. Being an eggnog lover, it was great!!1

Of course, being lactose intolerant, my wife paid the price the rest of the day.:D But I loved it. Have never seen this on any other ship.

Other than the above, HAL has 6 different types of Eggs Benedict, all made to order. These are second place to eggnog pancakes.

We'll be sailing on Allure in April & DD loves Eggs Benedict! Which breakfast option on Allure serves the best Eggs Benedict? Eggnog pancakes sound really yummy...think I'll surprise the family this holiday & give that recipe a try.

Edited by novalab

On most cruises my favorite is eggs benedict served cooked fresh in the suite dining area, one of the specialty restaurants. However, on Jewel my favorite was the amazing blueberry pancakes!

Is there a location on Allure for this??