More Dining Details:

ragen

Looking at johnhealdsblog.com and two sample menus are posted.

Looks like most of the soup choices are gone and only one desert option is listed. Heald says chocolate melting cake is always available, but I don' see it on the menu.

I was against this whole menu change, but seeing it in writing, it looks like plenty of choices. i do enjoy the soups though and will miss the cold soups especially.

Looking at johnhealdsblog.com and two sample menus are posted.

Looks like most of the soup choices are gone and only one desert option is listed. Heald says chocolate melting cake is always available, but I don' see it on the menu.

I was against this whole menu change, but seeing it in writing, it looks like plenty of choices. i do enjoy the soups though and will miss the cold soups especially.

Yesterday, a dessert menu was posted and there were several choices. In a decent restaurant, the dessert menu is always a separate one.

I'm personally incredibly bummed there is no more Indian vegetarian dish. I think I got that 5 out of 7 nights because they didn't have anything else I wanted. But I'm a picky eater, so that's my own fault.

I don't think anyone has confirmed it is gone. We've only seen 2 sample menus and we have not seen the every day menu yet. Don't get too upset that "things are gone" til we have seen all of the menus. We don't really know yet what has survived from the old menus other than WCMC and shrimp cocktail

The champagne cocktail and tableside pasta do sound good

however I still think they presented this wrong = if there is an everyday menu part to this, why not show that?

I am not that fond of caesar salad....I love the greek farmer salad tho

I also really love the chilled fruit soups...and some of the other soups...where oh where are they??

Reading about the shared family style side dish options makes me very concerned. I really don't like having to eat dinner with people I don't know. Will they only have one large side dish that everyone has to pas around and serve themselves from for this new "shared family style dining"? It sounds like germ heaven to me. Everyone dipping into the same dish is kind of gross. It's okay for real family members but for strangers that you've never met before, it's unsanitary.

Found the answer to my question:

Starts Dec 8 on Glory then they will

"gauge additional guest feedback before rolling out the program fleetwide in the latter half of 2014 and 2015. Other ships included in the pilot are Carnival Liberty beginning in January, and Carnival Imagination and Carnival Inspiration starting in February."

Two things:

1. Last time I looked there were at least two pages to the MDR menu, the other page containing everyday and special items. I can imagine pretty easily that the menu will also be given a similar adjacent page that has more options.

2. I think the shared sides would be served by the wait staff, I can not imagine them turning that duty over to the guests to manage on their own.

Reading about the shared family style side dish options makes me very concerned. I really don't like having to eat dinner with people I don't know. Will they only have one large side dish that everyone has to pas around and serve themselves from for this new "shared family style dining"? It sounds like germ heaven to me. Everyone dipping into the same dish is kind of gross. It's okay for real family members but for strangers that you've never met before, it's unsanitary.

It says "share if you wish" so it sounds like you can get the sides you like for just you or get an order for the table.

Looking forward to being a guinea pig in April after having pretty much the same menu with only minor variations on my last four Carnival cruises.

Edited by Kethry88
added

In General People don't like change, I on the other hand LOVE change.

Yeah, I am one of the lucky ones who get to try this out on the Glory next week, got the email this morning. When it comes down to it for me its more about the quality and taste then the options, which there are plenty of anyway. Its a will be a nice surprise each night :D !

So you consider the lobster tail and prime rib low quality also since it's on the same menu,.

Yes, if the size of the lobster tail is so small that it looks like a shrimp.

Carnival can try to say that their changes are an improvement.

But it is cost cutting.

No tablecloths.

Family style serving.

Serving "family style" will cut costs of serving preparation.

In addition, considering the risk of viral outbreaks on cruise ships, I would be hesitant to share a plate or food with someone who is not in my family.

I do not mean to be insulting. Some individuals cruise for their experience. Others want warranty, not quality. It is up to each individual to decide what they want from a Cruise. As I have said before, Carnival is dedicated to be the cheapest (low cost) cruise in town.

Yes, if the size of the lobster tail is so small that it looks like a shrimp.

Carnival can try to say that their changes are an improvement.

But it is cost cutting.

No tablecloths.

Family style serving.

Serving "family style" will cut costs of serving preparation.

In addition, considering the risk of viral outbreaks on cruise ships, I would be hesitant to share a plate or food with someone who is not in my family.

I do not mean to be insulting. Some individuals cruise for their experience. Others want warranty, not quality. It is up to each individual to decide what they want from a Cruise. As I have said before, Carnival is dedicated to be the cheapest (low cost) cruise in town.

Apparently you haven't read the rest of this thread since a tableclothed table is pictured here.

Found the answer to my question:

Starts Dec 8 on Glory then they will

"gauge additional guest feedback before rolling out the program fleetwide in the latter half of 2014 and 2015. Other ships included in the pilot are Carnival Liberty beginning in January, and Carnival Imagination and Carnival Inspiration starting in February."

We are on the Glory Dec 8 and received and email from Carnival about the new menu. Will let you know how it goes :)

16394808.pdf

Thanks, that looks good.

Now hope they keep the Grand Mariner soufflé and Bitter n Blanc too, and Creme Brulee

Edited by wantocruisemore