Bringing wine and spirits onboard

Seagull60

Lyn,

(Or you could book a top suite and have more than you would ever need! :eek:)

Mura

We will just come to your suite & help you drink what you have :D

We seem to drink less & less lately

DH has a load of scotch in the bar I have to remind him to drink it ;)

See you in May

Lyn

We will just come to your suite & help you drink what you have :D

We seem to drink less & less lately

DH has a load of scotch in the bar I have to remind him to drink it ;)

See you in May

Lyn

Well, then. You are invited to Sailaway. We should have a good view ... I'm pretty sure we're on the right side of the ship! Suite 9001 ...

Mura

Lyn and Mura.

Do you book concierge or better? We're doing concierge. Hope we won't be sorry we didn't go larger, but cruise is port intensive.

BTW I'd clink glasses with you. :D

Usually book a B cat

Or a C 1 on the R-ships

all are fine with us :D

The only ones I will not book is an inside unless I decide to go solo

Lyn

And we are usually in PH ... but on this cruise (5/22/13) we'll be in a VS. NOT our usual digs!

Karska, I'm always glad to clink glasses with a fellow passenger!

Mura

Edited by Mura

And we are usually in PH ... but on this cruise (5/22/13) we'll be in a VS. NOT our usual digs!

Karska, I'm always glad to clink glasses with a fellow passenger!

Mura

We're on the Insignia, Sept 6,2014. :rolleyes:

In concierge. So will have our 'bar' set up on counter.

Maybe we'll get lucky and get an upgrade. :)

We're on the Insignia, Sept 6,2014. :rolleyes:

In concierge. So will have our 'bar' set up on counter.

Maybe we'll get lucky and get an upgrade. :)

Don't count on it. You may be offered an up sell but upgrades are rare on Oceania. Book the cabin want to wind up and you won't be disappointed and you'll enjoy your cruise.

Lyn,

Where are you coming from? I can guarantee that on our Nov 20-Dec 8 cruise on Marina there were no problems with bringing liquor on board.

I've never heard of liquor being confiscated ... if it was, there had to be abuse. (Like being drunk too often!)

The policy as stated has always been the policy (or so I believe). Nothing has changed. O still reserves the right to confiscate. It's not like NCL where I did have to smuggle on my vodka ... I've never done so before, but I was challenged!

You guys aren't big drinkers anyway, as I recall.

(Or you could book a top suite and have more than you would ever need! :eek:)

Mura

Was confiscated on Princess. Fortunately not us. Nice to hear Oceania and lux lines more liberal.

Two answers ...

As to confiscated liquor, you really shouldn't have to worry on O. I've heard that people bring on a CASE of wine without a problem. (No, I never tried to do that.)

Karska, you might get an upsell (as has been said) but probably NOT an upgrade. The only time we had an upgrade (and it was significant) was when we were urged to change cruises.

But we took an upsell to an OS from a PH on Regatta in Nov '05 and it was well worth the price. Especially since I blew out my knee the day before we boarded and was using a wheel chair or crutches on the cruise. I could not have gotten around an ordinary cabin in that wheelchair whereas I could in the OS. But, of course, I had no idea I would really NEED that OS when we took the upsell!

That doesn't mean you should take any upsell that is offered because you might blow out your knee ... it just worked out well for us at the time!

And totally spoiled us for future cruises!

Mura

Don't agree unless you have multiple cocktails each day and/or like the mediocre selection of wines by the glass. Prefer to buy bottles of discounted better wines at the beginning of the cruise and each order a single cocktail per day.

The drink package doesn't make sense for us either. DH may have a drink with lunch, one before dinner and wine with dinner, but I don't have more than two drinks a day, at most. With drinks averaging about $10-11 apiece, that is not enough for either of us to use either package.

Where does one buy liquor prior to embarkation near the Port of Miami for both wine & spirits? We'll be flying in the day before & will be staying close by.

Publix is a grocery store. They carry wine and beer. No spirits. I'm sure there is a liquor store not far.