New Year's Eve on FOS Dec 29, 2013

Nanna5

I tried this question on the FOS Dec. 29th thread, but no one answered me. I decided to ask the pros! My husband and I will be on this cruise. It will be our first time to experience New Years Eve aboard a ship. What can we expect? Do they do something special in the MDR! or should I book one ov the specialty restaurants? :confused:

Thanks, everyone I'm beginning to get excited!! I was beginning to think maybe we should have stayed home with friends. Part of the fun of a cruise is meeting new people. Usually they are those we've met through cruise critic!!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Thanks, everyone I'm beginning to get excited!! I was beginning to think maybe we should have stayed home with friends. Part of the fun of a cruise is meeting new people. Usually they are those we've met through cruise critic!!!

We used to stay home with friends as well. Problem was that everyone was asleep by midnight. We discovered nye cruising three years ago and haven't looked back. We will be on our fourth nye cruise this year on brilliance. New years day is a sea day so we will party late and sleep in:D

Ahhh, new traditions! A good way to start a new year! We haven't sailed the Brilliance. But we do love the thermal suite on the Jewel. I think the Jewel is the same class.

Ok, now for that special New Year's eve drink of the day :-) what will it be??

We sailed the Freedom last New Years. It was really fun. There was a special MDR souvenir menu, with lots of hats, beads, etc on the table. A huge party in the promenade. Most were really dressed ( lots of tuxes) and everyone was friendly and festive.

Also- the college bowl games are shown on the big screen by the pool.

Had a great time, hope you do also

M

We sailed the Freedom last New Years. It was really fun. There was a special MDR souvenir menu, with lots of hats, beads, etc on the table. A huge party in the promenade. Most were really dressed ( lots of tuxes) and everyone was friendly and festive.

M

My 18yr old son and friend who are travelling with DH and I will be pleased with that!:D

M

We were on the Freedom last NYE as well. We had a great time (repeating this year on the Allure)!

I fondly recall a crew member rocking out with an electric guitar on the bridge across the Promenade during the countdown to New Years party. And then realized...wait...that's the captain! Very impressive (and fun!)!

I also highly recommend eating dinner in the MDR on Dec 31. It's a great festive atmosphere.

Anyone on here going to be on the Freedom this year for nye??

Yes - myself, husband, our 18yr old son and his friend.

We all sailed FOS this past Feb, loved it and booked this cruise last minute (3 weeks ago :eek: )

M

How great is that! I'm thinking this is perfect! Orville 99 said party late, sleep in the next day. This is great! Orville99, you picked a great itinerary because, I looked at our itinerary :cool:......We're in St Thomas for New Year's Day!!

Sun, warm sandy beaches, glorious scenery.........football on the big screen.....

like football, love the beach!! :D You guys have been awesome with all of your info!! I am sooo ready!

Yes - myself, husband, our 18yr old son and his friend.

We all sailed FOS this past Feb, loved it and booked this cruise last minute (3 weeks ago :eek: )

Great! Did you sign up for the meet and mingle? THe party is on for that!