Just finished Allure 12/1-12/8/13. Not a Ken Rush fan.

adomek

I stand by my statement. I think it is a pathetic thing should someone allow a bad CD to negatively affect their cruise. I am not judging the individual. I am simply saying that I personally find such an occurrence pathetic. Learn the difference.

Not judging the individual? Lol OK then. Whatever you say.

Edited by time4u2go

I guess I am the only one who is annoyed by CDs

I dont care who he / she will be on my next cruise. I dont care most of the time about their business but if they are way too energetic, cheerleader like and clown type, I give up and ends up irritating me.

I'm with you.

My favorite CD is the one I never see.

Count me among those who couldn't tell you nor could I care less who the CD has been on my 20+ cruises.

And we have been on four times as many cruises and can truthfully say that while we have felt that some CDs were, at best. mediocre, many more were excellent and added immeasurably to our enjoyment of our cruise. I certainly wouldn't allow a poor or mediocre CD to spoil my cruise. When one considers the myriad duties and responsibilities of the CD position, beyond acting as the MC of the evening entertainment, I give all of them a lot of credit. :) Ken Rush may not be my cup of tea but others like Joff Eaton, Clo O'Connor, Bobby & Becky Brown, John Blair and many more are among my favorites.

We have sailed with Ken many times and ALWAYS enjoyed his company and energy. Sure we have heard his standard lines many times, but many cruisers are still first timers and enjoy them. Other CDs also have standard lines and jokes that they roll out every cruise.

I just think how lucky I am to have been able to cruise often and smile when I see a new cruiser laugh at an old joke. When Ken refers to "My Ship" or My Theatre" it is because he throws himself at the position and has a great passion for it. Ken it a master organiser, and the job of CD is far more than what is seen as being done on stage.

I thank him for many years of great cruises entertainment and know his contribution to the development of the Quantum project will be invaluable even if someone else is in the front row.

Spot on Chip! Ken does his job like no other CD, he is always visible and mostly congenial.

Hi everyone. I can see both sides of this discussion. I have sailed Allure 3 times and Ken has been the CD all 3 times (missed Allan Brooks by a week or so on the last 2 sailings)! The first 2 times I found Ken funny, witty and his presence was clearly 'there' all the time. I have to admit that by my 3rd cruise, Ken began to wear a little thin. I think it is because he does/says the same thing week in, week out - not his fault, it is his job - so just my opinion of hearing the same things for the 3rd time!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Some people on here love certain CD but others just don't like their style. Heck, if we all thought the same, life would be so boring!

We're cruising the Allure this May and I'm hoping that Allan Brooks is the CD. We love him! Anyone know if he will be there?

And we have been on four times as many cruises and can truthfully say that while we have felt that some CDs were, at best. mediocre, many more were excellent and added immeasurably to our enjoyment of our cruise. I certainly wouldn't allow a poor or mediocre CD to spoil my cruise. When one considers the myriad duties and responsibilities of the CD position, beyond acting as the MC of the evening entertainment, I give all of them a lot of credit. :) Ken Rush may not be my cup of tea but others like Joff Eaton, Clo O'Connor, Bobby & Becky Brown, John Blair and many more are among my favorites.

I understand and respect this. Just my personal view. I pay no attention to who the CD is. It has no bearing on my cruise experience. And I've yet to have a bad cruise:)

I'll make that claim! I will concede that it is possible, for some people, that a "good" CD (whatever that means) might enhance a cruise experience. HOWEVER, if anyone allows a bad CD to negatively affect their cruise, well that's just pathetic...

To add to your sentiment....a cruise is much more than the CD.