Middle Name is Spelled Wrong in Princess Cruise Personalizer :-(

CI66774

You have to call Princess to change your name. It cannot be changed online. It happened to me a couple of weeks ago.

Did they change it for you? Was there a fee? I have a TA. Should I call the TA or Princess directly? THanks.

my husband has 3 names and his surname, the last letter of his name would not fit on cruise personilizer, rang princess and they made a note that claud ended with a e, it was because there were too many letters in his name

Hi - we are on the Island Princess 21 Dec. My husbands middle name & my middle name are included in the passenger information but on the actual summary, etc it just has our first and last names. Should I ring Princess??:confused:

Our middle names have been missing from the summary for many cruises now. We've never had a problem with check-in. Does your boarding pass have your middle names? You can also check under "Print Travel Summary". That should show middle names as well.

Edited by beg3yrs

Hi - we are on the Island Princess 21 Dec. My husbands middle name & my middle name are included in the passenger information but on the actual summary, etc it just has our first and last names. Should I ring Princess??:confused:

No need.

Princess rep told me not a problem if the middle name isn't there - only if it's been "morphed" into a totally different name - like mine "Louise" was "Louis" on the docs.

I believe even that would be OK for a middle name. It's when it's "morphed" into another totally different name for instance if instead of Louise it was Arrabelle.

I believe even that would be OK for a middle name. It's when it's "morphed" into another totally different name for instance if instead of Louise it was Arrabelle.

I had Princess correct, just to be on the safe side. Moreover, I much prefer Arrabelle to plain old Louise! :D

LOL Too funny! :D

The middle name is now really important if you're flying. They have to have that information. Before, it wasn't required.

Yes, they make a big deal about the name on the ticket matching the name on the ID. I just booked 2 tickets on United to Miami last night and entered all the information. The tickets have first and last name and middle initial - no middle name even though it is in the profile and was entered into the booking.

DH flew last week. I just looked at his boarding pass. I booked him with first, middle and last names yet only first and last names appeared on the United boarding pass. He had no trouble checking in or with TSA.

I booked a cruise on another line last night and the agent put only first and last names on the booking. When I went to pre-register for the cruise they had optional under the middle name box. I entered the middle names anyway as they appear on the passports.

I wish they would decide if it is a big deal or not.

Yes, they make a big deal about the name on the ticket matching the name on the ID. I just booked 2 tickets on United to Miami last night and entered all the information. The tickets have first and last name and middle initial - no middle name even though it is in the profile and was entered into the booking.

DH flew last week. I just looked at his boarding pass. I booked him with first, middle and last names yet only first and last names appeared on the United boarding pass. He had no trouble checking in or with TSA.

I booked a cruise on another line last night and the agent put only first and last names on the booking. When I went to pre-register for the cruise they had optional under the middle name box. I entered the middle names anyway as they appear on the passports.

I wish they would decide if it is a big deal or not.

For me, the middle name *is* a big deal. I have a somewhat common first name/last name combination and I always had trouble when checking in for flights because of the infamous watchlist. A friend of mine had the same issue and suggested I add my middle name to all of my bookings. Fortunately my middle name is very uncommon (thanks Mom, although I didn't appreciate it when I was growing up :rolleyes:). Since I added my middle name to my bookings I haven't had any issues.