Rude neighbors, what can you do?

cmitch9999

Easy to be "brave" on a message board...but in real life, who wants to be in a confrontation? NOT me

I probably should have escalated it above security, ask to speak to supervisor, or hotel manager...but then again on a 3 night cruise you want to enjoy yourself, not attend a "meeting">>> sigh

I do prefer 7 or 8 night cruises, much nicer group of fellow cruisers IMHO

There is one way to retaliate. It may not work, but it sure makes me feel better.

More than likely, when you get up in the morning, they will be asleep. Pick up the phone and dial room to room - their room. Do you know how loud that phone rings?? Wait till they pickup - then hang up. And do it again and again and again....every time you need to. :D:D:D

There is one way to retaliate. It may not work, but it sure makes me feel better.

More than likely, when you get up in the morning, they will be asleep. Pick up the phone and dial room to room - their room. Do you know how loud that phone rings?? Wait till they pickup - then hang up. And do it again and again and again....every time you need to. :D:D:D

You need a little file to play back over your cell phone 'This is your wake up call, this is your wake up call, this is your wake up call.':p

"Worst cruise we were ever on. Got a wakeup call everyday at 6:58 AM and but never ordered one."

Edited by LMaxwell

Umm....no thanks...I go on a cruise to relax and have fun

I am not out to engage in fights or retaliation....

if noise gets very bad I will call security but ...that's all...

like I say - easy to be clever or brave on a message board...in real life, who needs the hassle? Confronting or harassing other cruisers - even bad behaved ones = could have some serious consequences JMO... if needed I will put in ear plus JMO

More than likely, when you get up in the morning, they will be asleep.

Pick up the phone and dial room to room - their room.

Do you know how loud that phone rings??

Wait till they pickup - then hang up. And do it again and again

and again....every time you need to. :D:D:D

Now we're getting somewhere! :)

Drunks get drunk until 4 a.m. ---then they sleep-in until 11.

Not with that phone constantly ringing, they don't! :D

Edited by Aplmac

we had lots of loud people lingering in the hall on our Triumph cruise over Thanksgiving

they might as well have been in my cabin, the walls are paper thin

the first night one particular group stood there for at least 10 minutes..I opened the door to put my breakfast order on my door, they could see I was in my nightgown, still kept standing there talking right outside my door, finally I opened the door again, told them I had a 5 year old in my cabin trying to sleep and asked them to move the party elsewhere...their response was "it's not a party...god bless you"

what I really wanted to be blessed with was some sleep!

Easy to be "brave" on a message board...but in real life, who wants to be in a confrontation? NOT me

I probably should have escalated it above security, ask to speak to supervisor, or hotel manager...but then again on a 3 night cruise you want to enjoy yourself, not attend a "meeting">>> sigh

I do prefer 7 or 8 night cruises, much nicer group of fellow cruisers IMHO

I'm not talking about going next door and picking a fight. I've had to do exactly what I suggest in the past, just not on a cruise ship. I wouldn't suggest it if it was something dangerous. Not everyone making a lot of noise is a psyco looking for a fight.

1. Identify the problem cabin and be certain about that.

2. Contact the other cabin, on the other side of them

to see if they too are having the same negative experience as you are.

They most likely are!

3. Gain the other cabin's co-operation in complaining to Security on the first possible night.

Don't wait til it becomes unbearable, halfway thru your ruined sleep and cruise.

Connect with them by phone: just dial their cabin number...NOT the problem cabin.

You don't interact with the problem cabin at all.

When TWO or three cabins on either side, and maybe those across the hallway too

are complaining, something will get done! :)

It's too easy for Guest Services and Security to ignore just the one grumbling cabin

but when all cabins surrounding the problem cabin are complaining

that's another matter altogether! ;)

Good advice and to be remembered for my next cruise..............thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Breeze in Feb. We had 3 cabins out of 4. We had to get the jerks from hell next to us. There was a mother (if you called her that) and 3 young girls. They were slobs from hell. They screamed all day and nite. They kept bringing strange men in their room. Never even remembered their names. We heard them on balcony having sex. I saw them check in . Couldn't even get their card to work. We walked by the room and door was wide open. It was disgusting. I have been on many cruises and never seen pigs like them. I kept calling security but they didn't do much. They kept coming by and didn't catch them. We heard them screaming all nite.

We were on the Breeze in Feb. We had 3 cabins out of 4. We had to get the jerks from hell next to us. There was a mother (if you called her that) and 3 young girls. They were slobs from hell. They screamed all day and nite. They kept bringing strange men in their room. Never even remembered their names. We heard them on balcony having sex. I saw them check in . Couldn't even get their card to work. We walked by the room and door was wide open. It was disgusting. I have been on many cruises and never seen pigs like them. I kept calling security but they didn't do much. They kept coming by and didn't catch them. We heard them screaming all nite.

Wow..that does not sound like fun. You should have filmed their activities and made some money on the side.

If they weren't fighting I'd walk over to them especially cause I wouldn't want my two toddlers waking up.

But, I'd go over with the assumption they did not realize how loud they were being, apologize for bothering them, offer them a bottle of wine and very, very politely ask if they could keep the noise down. Sometimes walls are paper thin and they just might not realize it. I find honey coupled with bribery works well to get what you want with minimal interference. :D

If that didn't work, I'd call security.

But, I'd go over with the assumption they did not realize how loud they were being,

apologize for bothering them, offer them a bottle of wine

and very, very politely ask if they could keep the noise down.

Sometimes walls are paper thin and they just might not realize it.

I find honey coupled with bribery works well to get what you want with minimal interference. :D

Depends on how drunk they are! ;)

If the jerks stay up most of the night chances are they'll be fast asleep at 9 or 10 in the morning. THEN using public telephones keep calling their phone and hang up when they answer. Believe me they'll get the message.

Yep, we have done this a time or two. It worked for us. :D

Look call me old school but I say light a bag of dog poop on fire in front of their door knock and run. *LOL*

You just can't go wrong with a timeless classic *LOL*

That is too funny!