New Menus

pamrose228

I do like the new menus also.....there looks like some very nice choices.....for heavens sake it's not the QE2....and the prices you pay on carnival justifies the menus. if you want fancy food then sail on a fancy line......I am not trying to be nasty! it's just the truth. Be reasonable, .... I have sailed on HAL and yes the food was very fancy.....but that's not what carnival is about.......some people call it being CHEAP.....I call it catering to a family type crowd? the dishes aren't mcDonalds.....the menus look like they have some very nice choices.

COME on.....FLAMING here it comes !!!!

I really like the new menus and can't wait to try them! (Hopefully they will be on the Miracle by March!) I especially like being able to customize your entrée by ordering the sides separately. This will allow me to eat decadently while my husband can create healthy balanced choices! We will both enjoy the changes!

If you take out the banana its practically the same dessert in my opinion. And if removing a dessert from the menu makes you not sail a cruise line, that is one of the most ridiculous things i have ever heard. I hope your just trolling us, which you and many others always do.

I troll :confused: when do I do that? I prefer the term spar.

The loss of Bitter and Blanc is the ridiculous thing in all of this.

Do you have the recipe for this banana white chocolate nonsense? If not there is no way to tell if its anything like the same dessert, your opinion notwithstanding.

Adding bananas changes the flavor of everything to banana and if the ganache is missing...horror!

Banana's :rolleyes:

Call me ridiculous but the food I pay for is important and these menus don't satisfy my palate so I will be looking at other lines as well. If a loss of choice is OK with you then that is great. I pay for a nice sit down dinner and won't be relegated to buffet food for dinner so yes other lines may offer food I find more palatable with actual selection.

Yes....exactly

One dessert choice...is that a joke? Is this the high school cafeteria? Is this prison? What will be next, one drink choice. it'll be anarchy :eek:

it will be like my cousin vinny when the greasy spoon menu was

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

and nothing else.

Edited by legion3

I do like the new menus also.....there looks like some very nice choices.....for heavens sake it's not the QE2....and the prices you pay on carnival justifies the menus. if you want fancy food then sail on a fancy line......I am not trying to be nasty! it's just the truth. Be reasonable, .... I have sailed on HAL and yes the food was very fancy.....but that's not what carnival is about.......some people call it being CHEAP.....I call it catering to a family type crowd? the dishes aren't mcDonalds.....the menus look like they have some very nice choices.

COME on.....FLAMING here it comes !!!!

No Flaming I agree with you.

I will miss a couple of appetizers and desserts but I think the entree's look a lot better for me. Has me even more excited for my cruise in a couple months on the Glory.

I'll be sure to do a food comparison review between the Celebrity Summit, Liberty OTS and Carnival Glory when I get back from vacation!

I don't mind the look of the menus but if they want to sell more booze, they better have more bar waiters/waitresses. On Liberty in October, we didn't see a bar server on most nights in the DR. If they did come it took forever to get a drink.

I too hope they will offer more desserts. They will probably order salad for the number of people that want it so it will be larger for larger tables and smaller for smaller tables.

That said I am kind of hoping for the old menus for my Feb cruise.

Yes....exactly

One dessert choice...is that a joke? Is this the high school cafeteria? Is this prison? What will be next, one drink choice. it'll be anarchy :eek:

it will be like my cousin vinny when the greasy spoon menu was

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

and nothing else.

Thanks for the great laugh!

This year I've sailed the Breeze, Glory & Paradise. Next year it will be two cruises on Princess and (likely) one on Royal Caribbean. Between entertainment and dining cutbacks, they've just downgraded the experience too far for us.

I'm a vegetarian. I see most of my choices are gone. The regular hot soups are all made with chicken base. There looks to be one vegetarian meal each night.

It's nice that there are better cuts of meat, but I ordered the cheese plate nightly, and the fruit soups whenever they had them. Quite often the sides have meat incorporated into them. Even some of the salads have meat in them.

Perhaps they have changed the recipes, but I was told by the waiters that any mushroom dish used chicken stock as well.

So I just googled the Buttered Popcorn Pot de Creme dessert and it looks pretty good. The one I found looks like it has a caramel sea salt topping. I am sad about no Creme brûlée, but I can find that locally. However, the Bitter and Blanc removal has me really sad and although the picture of the Banana White Chocolate bread pudding looks good, the time I ordered bread pudding at our local upscale restaurant, I didn't eat more than a couple of bites. Oh well, less desserts isn't always a bad thing.

Edited by 2 cruzen

No matter what they put on the menus there will always be complaints.

...I think the new menus look interesting and am looking forward to it on our February 1st Liberty cruise. Regarding the complaints, people do not take change well. The complaints just show dissatisfaction to change.

...Besides, as JH said, this is just a test. Doesn't anybody realize that they are going to be "tweeking" these menus! Too much seafood on the menus? They will switch it for something else. Only Ceasar salad available? I'm sure they'll bring iceberg lettuce in. No bitter n blanc for dessert? Enough demand for it and it may reappear.

...Relax folks, give them some time to work out the kinks. Then, if the food in the MDR is not to your (or my) liking, it may be time to reevaluate our choice of cruise line. There are other ships in the sea.

For the most part, I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised by the menu changes. (I still think that getting rid of tablecloths was a sucky idea, but the CEO needs his Christmas bonus, right?) With all the cutbacks running rampant lately, I honestly expected the new menu to be all picky eater food (meatloaf, mac and cheese, and not much else). Here are my opinions.

Yeah!

* Menu design. I really like it. It looks like a menu from a classy steakhouse or sushi bar, even though it's for a dining room that became less elegant after an overhaul. Either way, it's better than the plain text-only design currently used.

* "Port of Call" items. Totally awesome idea! I never liked how the Carnival menu is so divorced from the ports they visit. The food was mostly American, despite visiting exotic foreign ports. Now that's changing. I wonder if the "Port of Call" menu matches the ship's itinerary; knowledgeable minds, please share.

* Old favorites. Kudos to Carnival for retaining some of the old favorites, like the lobster tail, the prime rib, and the chateaubriand.

* Splitting off the sides from the main dishes. The old menu had everything tied together. But it's not uncommon to want a second lobster tail, but not the potatoes and broccoli that come with it. Now people can order just that without wasting food.

* New selections. I saw some items I didn't recognize from the menus on my cruises, and they look pretty good. Hopefully, they'll be served on the short cruises I take, and not just the ones 8 days and longer.

Meh!

* "For the table" items. They're great sharable appetizers, but there are many "what ifs". They can work great for families or groups of friends, but what if people aren't comfortable sharing with strangers? What if only one person wants it; can they get it individually? On a side note, I hope it's not an indication that Carnival will become an "anytime only" line, like NCL.

* Everyday menu. I don't see it. Is there still one available, or is the lido buffet the de facto everyday menu now. I rarely ordered from it on my cruises, but inquiring minds still want to know.

* Table vs. Feast. I get that the Feast is supposed to be for Elegant Night. But it seems like the Table menu is broader and has more choices than the Feast menu, and the Feast is only slightly more upscale (read: slightly more expensive). What gives?

Nah!

* American Table desserts. They've gone down big time. The cheese plate and the fruit plate are gone. Those used to be great alternatives when someone wasn't up for a traditional dessert. The rest of items are hit or miss: some look great, but others look like they're from a low-end Chinese buffet. Hopefully, the recipe for the chocolate melting cake hasn't changed.

* American Feast desserts. There's only one choice per day, and neither seems very appetizing. If someone doesn't like that particular item on the menu, can they order something else or are they SOL (sh** out of luck)?

* Fewer appetizers. One of the best parts of an MDR dinner is trying many different appetizers in small portions. Now there aren't so many.

P.S.: I read complaints about the removal of cold soups. Apparently, it's a dessert now, available on one day only. It goes by the name "Strawberry Almond Financier: Chilled rhubarb soup". I'm sure the waiters will be OK with bringing it out early.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

I'm a vegetarian. I see most of my choices are gone. The regular hot soups are all made with chicken base. There looks to be one vegetarian meal each night.

It's nice that there are better cuts of meat, but I ordered the cheese plate nightly, and the fruit soups whenever they had them. Quite often the sides have meat incorporated into them. Even some of the salads have meat in them.

Perhaps they have changed the recipes, but I was told by the waiters that any mushroom dish used chicken stock as well.

Agreed. That there seems to be no standard veggie appetizer is bizarre. Even for those who are not a vegetarian, a lot of tablemates just liked to vary up their choices with something different. I'm not impressed with a menu that makes me feel like I have no choices unless I choose to eat meat.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app