Why Does The Silhouette Have A late Boarding This Sunday?

morfred

I just got a text that boarding would not start until after 12:30 due to extensive customs regs. Does any know where it is coming from? Apparently not just the Caribbean. I could not find last weeks schedule.

Edited by morfred

It's probably the TA--I heard that customs in FL was just terrible on another ship returning from their TA--3 hour wait at Customs.

Since that seems to happen occasionally, I do not understand why anybody would take a flight after the cruise before noon. The stress would take away from what I am sure would be a wonderful vacation.

Believe that it originated in Rome... Per the Port Everglades ship schedule, Silhouette is in route from Tenerife...

Full immigration checks for crew and a variety of federal inspections are routine--with associated boarding delays for the subsequent cruise--when a ship first returns to the US after months outside the country...

Edited by Xport

Believe that it originated in Rome... Per the Port Everglades ship schedule, Silhouette is in route from Tenerife...

Full immigration checks for crew and a variety of federal inspections are routine--with associated boarding delays for the subsequent cruise--when a ship first returns to the US after months outside the country...

Xport is correct, I am on the Silhouette this Sunday and had even a couple of months ago put a post on the roll call that this might happen. We had the same thing happen a few years ago on Equinox, they have to do all the inspections. Delays boarding a bit but they are just trying to keep us safe.

Hi all"...glad we found the thread at last! Flying out of Connecticut we hope due to snow storm predicted. We are really looking forward to meeting you all. Can you give us a last minute heads up on meet and mingle? Also, we may try a flight rebook. Has anyone located a hotel convenient to airport or port which we could maybe book last minute? Thanks for any information. Barb and George

(Not to be mistaken for the very old Bushes!). : )

We arrived on Constellation together with Equinox from our transatlantic yesterday. We expected delays but were among the last off around 9:45. We planned our flight for 3:30 pm to ensure a worry free departure. There were no back ups at customs when we left.

Hi all"...glad we found the thread at last! Flying out of Connecticut we hope due to snow storm predicted. We are really looking forward to meeting you all. Can you give us a last minute heads up on meet and mingle? Also, we may try a flight rebook. Has anyone located a hotel convenient to airport or port which we could maybe book last minute? Thanks for any information. Barb and George

Hi Barb & George!

We are also flying out of CT (Hartford) for the cruise. Are you booked on Saturday or Sunday? Right now we have JetBlue on Saturday leaving in the afternoon. I'm trying to decide if we should call them and see if we can get on the morning flight instead.

Dale

Holiday Inn Express on SE 17th St still has rooms left for $199. They have a free 24 hr airport shuttle which is great if your flight is delayed.

Edited by royalcruz

We arrived on Constellation together with Equinox from our transatlantic yesterday. We expected delays but were among the last off around 9:45. We planned our flight for 3:30 pm to ensure a worry free departure. There were no back ups at customs when we left.

Interesting. We were on the Equinox that morning and reported to the theater at 7:30, as requested. We were called to leave the ship at 8:45, and we finally got out of the customs / immigration hall shortly before 11:00. Luckily, we had also planned our flight for the mid-afternoon and were not sweating it.