Looking for HAL bags

bowsprit

The old beige ones, not the new blue ones made of recycled paper that tears.

Over the years we have received enough of the beige/white canvas bags to have made a bed cover. But unfortunately inspiration on what to do with them after a cruise only came late in the game, and now that I am actually seeking them; they have done away with them

No, I am not making bed covers;) I make cushion covers from them.

I made two long cushions using two bags for each. I had made a bench with a beach chair back. Two cushions look good on it.

But then I decided to make a second bench, so now I need to make two more cushions. But I am out of bags, and thought that perhaps someone here would have a few stashed away that they no longer needed.

I just need 4 bags in good condition if anyone has any to spare.

I have added a thumbnail of the ones I have made so far. Click on it for a bigger photo.

I have suggested this to HAL, Princess, Celebrity and RCI, as I think that cushion covers with their logo on it would be a great seller, it is a constant reminder of cruises, plus a great advertisement for them, but their eyes seem to glaze over.:rolleyes:

I will be more than happy to reimburse the postage fees.

1993148938_cushions3.jpg.c294683f1235d1145f4472be1fedeea9.jpg

The old beige ones, not the new blue ones made of recycled paper that tears.

Over the years we have received enough of the beige/white canvas bags to have made a bed cover. But unfortunately inspiration on what to do with them after a cruise only came late in the game, and now that I am actually seeking them; they have done away with them

No, I am not making bed covers;) I make cushion covers from them.

I made two long cushions using two bags for each. I had made a bench with a beach chair back. Two cushions look good on it.

But then I decided to make a second bench, so now I need to make two more cushions. But I am out of bags, and thought that perhaps someone here would have a few stashed away that they no longer needed.

I just need 4 bags in good condition if anyone has any to spare.

I have added a thumbnail of the ones I have made so far. Click on it for a bigger photo.

I have suggested this to HAL, Princess, Celebrity and RCI, as I think that cushion covers with their logo on it would be a great seller, it is a constant reminder of cruises, plus a great advertisement for them, but their eyes seem to glaze over.:rolleyes:

I will be more than happy to reimburse the postage fees.

I'll have a look. I might have one, I think. ;)

I just checked ebay and they do have some ranging in price from $3.98 to $8.00. I googled Holland America bags on ebay. The first one is the new blue, but if you scroll down you will find what you want.

Edited by mamaofami

@ Carol

thank you. I went there and found 8 bags in a lot. clicked on "buy Now" and they are mine. As I only needed 4 bags to complete my benches, I guess that I will make up the rest for friends.

I have one made up that only used one bag, it makes a small square (about 14 inches, photo below) So 4 friends will get a treat.

And thanks ladies for the kind words. I love HAL, and enjoy looking and using the ones that I have already made up.

797316192_CopyofHALcushions.jpg.f00b7951efeeeac4b896ac8e55e55615.jpg

What a great idea! You are very talented and your bag use is such a lovely idea :)

Very nice indeed - I'm surprised that HAL and others didn't grab this idea.

It would appeal to a lot of people I would think - the ones you are gifting them to are very lucky indeed :)