Seuss at Sea

winddawn

I read on ABC News' Website that the Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast with the Cat in the Hat and Friends will be in the main dining room on the first sea day of each cruise.

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/dr-seuss-sets-sail-carnival/story?id=21194147

Wacky plates and bowls and curly straws:

"Feast! Feast! Feast! Lose yourself exploring a delicious menu where you’ll find “Green Eggs and Ham,” brightly colored fruit, gravity-defying pancake stacks, funky french toast, blue yogurt with strawberries, “Moose Juice” ‘n’ ”Goose Juice”… "

http://www.carnival.com/seuss-at-sea/character-breakfast.aspx

The Seuss-a-Palooza Story Time looks like fun:

http://www.carnival.com/seuss-at-sea/story-time.aspx

http://www.carnival.com/seuss-at-sea.aspx

Kids will love this.

Edited by winddawn

OK I read that...

The cruise line's new "Seuss at Sea" program will roll out in February 2014

and will be implemented across the entire fleet of ships by 2015.

I need this on board my ship Valor, by the time we board on Feb. 19th. 2014

Our first sea-day will be Tuesday Feb. 25th

and I need to see Whoville et al. in the MDR by that date!

Edited by Aplmac

This is all a tie-in to the new loyalty "Fish" program

based on - One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish.

The new program "VIF" - Very Important Fish -

will be Blue Fish, Red Fish, Gold Fish, Platinum Fish, Diamond Fish!! :D

You might have something there!

I'm up for that. It's all in jest anyways.. :D

I simply love this! Being that Dr. Seuss was one of the first authors I connected with as a child and truly enjoyed reading his books is just a plus. I remember my brother, mother, and myself going to the local library once a week, at least, and picking out one book a piece to enjoy reading to each other back home. This is something I simply don't see enough of now that I'm a mom with a 4yr old. My daughter and I read to each other every night and Dr. Seuss is a part of her little library here at home. I enjoy sharing a part of my childhood with her and passing that on. I believe Dr. Seuss will not "go out of style" for many, many years to come as long as parents pass on the joys of reading to their children. I'd rather Carnival promote reading and Seuss than "main stream" cartoon characters, of which most I do not encourage my child to watch. There are no morals or values in most of today's entertainment for children. Very sad to be honest :( But Seuss is something we both can be excited about! Now we're just hoping it's on our Fantasy cruise in May! Yay for Carnival! :D

Jimmy Fallon had fun with the Seuss on Carnival announcement in his monologue last night. Jimmy called the Seuss Breakfast on the Triumph the "Crap in the Hat."

That's somewhat unkind but that's what comedians do sometimes to get laughs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Jimmy Fallon had fun with the Seuss on Carnival announcement in his monologue last night. Jimmy called the Seuss Breakfast on the Triumph the "Crap in the Hat."

Years ago there was a show on HBO called HardcoreTV. It was only on a season or two. It was sketch comedy similar to SNL or SCTV. Being on cable it could get a little racy.

One of the segments was updated childrens classics . Read by a sweet looking lady with a very nice British accent . Some of the Dr. Suess fare was Horton hears a HO and Are you my father?

My kids are 6, 4, and 2, and will love this.

However, most people sailing don't have kids with them. On Fascination over fall break, there were only about 30 kids even registered with Camp Carnival. The most I ever saw in there was about 10.

I think they missed the mark on this one. If I wanted to sail with characters, I would go Disney. This isn't going to bring families TO Carnival. Price brings families to Carnival.

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1391904000,-8,ca_carnival,first%20Miracle%20cruise%20

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1396058400,-8,ca_celebrate,cruising%20the%20Pacific%20Coastal%20on%20Century

http://s809.photobucket.com/user/ccruisequeen717/media/vifpplatinumsmgif_zps5d184b4b.gif.html?sort=6&o=2

Disney characters do not cross over to competitors cruise companies sad to say

Don't get me wrong, I'm GLAD they think that way, as opposed to wanting to bring stuff on board that costs a lot. But, sometimes, trying to be ultra-frugal makes the end product just look cheap and embarrassing. I'd rather they didn't do anything instead of doing something half-a**ed.

Disney has, well, Disney characters. Enough said.

NCL has SpongeBob, Dora, and other characters from currently-popular Nickelodeon shows.

Carnival has characters from Dr. Seuss books that are 60 years old.

Anyone else see the issue?

Go to any bookstore. Ask what are their best selling children's books? Dr. Seuss.

Go to a library. Which books are dog eared? Dr. Seuss.

Children..young children like rhyming and alliteration. And not scary "things" and "thangs" Not....The wild things of Sendak.

I think it's great! I don't have kids yet but hopefully one day when I do I can participate in all this. I love Dr. Seuss, he is my favorite children's book author so I am glad that is the theme they chose! Better than Nickelodeon IMO.

I agree! I love Dr. Seuss and I'm an adult! I think it's great!

OK I read that...

The cruise line's new "Seuss at Sea" program will roll out in February 2014

and will be implemented across the entire fleet of ships by 2015.

I need this on board my ship Valor, by the time we board on Feb. 19th. 2014

Our first sea-day will be Tuesday Feb. 25th

and I need to see Whoville et al. in the MDR by that date!

Lol. Are you putting your order in, Aplmac? Sounds like a job for John Heald!

Forget the kids. I'm excited! The world would be a better place if we all listened to Dr. Suess. His books aren't just stories, they're life lessons. Green eggs and ham is about trying something new. Sneetches about bigotry. The Lorax about conservation. Oh the places you'll go sells out in bookstores every June. It's the perfect graduation gift. Read it. It's amazing. I love that Carnival went with books instead of television.

Go to any bookstore. Ask what are their best selling children's books? Dr. Seuss.

Out of couriosity, I did just that . . . but called five rather than actually visiting five.

I got the same two answers from all, and neither answer was Seuss.

But I did personally love those as a youth, and have given them numerous times as gifts.

I agree with you. Not all families can afford a Disney cruise and if Carnival offers a cruise at half (or less) the price and gives the kids breakfast with The Cat in the Hat for a few bucks more I think it will win some families over to Carnival. They are offering something more to young families. Now, Carnival, give us grown ups something to keep us on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I went to Beaches that had Sesame Street. My friend went there for her daughter's birthday because of the characters. Unless your kids are really into a particular character I doubt it will draw anyone but nothing to gripe about either. There are so many cutbacks so be grateful when something is added.

I have done my time with characters. I painfully got through the Pokemom or was it Nija Turtle era. However, Jake in Twilight made up for it but a bit embarrassing to my DD. Here is one for the Cougars on board, Carnival presents -Twilight and Team Jake!

Edited by Blk_Amish