Seuss at Sea

winddawn

Reading through these comments reminds me why I took a break from this board. No matter what Carnival does there are some here who will find grumble and complain about EVERYTHING!! Smh

Anyway, when I went online the other day to book next years cruise I saw this and I'm excited for my daughter and I to experience it. She has a TON of Dr. Seuss books that I read to her whenever I have the chance and I also think it's great that they decided to go with a literary character instead of a character from a TV show. I think it could possibly encourage a love of reading in our kids in a society that is so obsessed and dependent on technology.

I'm looking forward to seeing this on the Breeze next year! Great choice/job Carnival!!

big whoop! another typical lousy announcement from Carnival. nothing like doing something the other lines have already done. carnival you need to WOW us. do something that another cruise line isn't doing!

For the price I pay for my CCL cruises I don't need to be Wowed. My kids are past the Dr. Seuss stage but I still this is great for families with young kids. Your expectations may be set to high if you need Carnival to wow you for the prices they charge.

big whoop! another typical lousy announcement from Carnival. nothing like doing something the other lines have already done. carnival you need to WOW us. do something that another cruise line isn't doing!

For the price I pay for a Carnival cruise I am Wow-ed that I get so much for so little. Sure. It could be better but for half the price of other cruises it's great to get ALMOST as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

For the price I pay for a Carnival cruise I am Wow-ed that I get so much for so little. Sure. It could be better but for half the price of other cruises it's great to get ALMOST as much.

If as you say that Carnival cruises are half the price of other lines that means Carnival is putting a lot more wear and tear on their ships since they have to do 2 cruises to make the same money as other lines.

Bill

If as you say that Carnival cruises are half the price of other lines that means Carnival is putting a lot more wear and tear on their ships since they have to do 2 cruises to make the same money as other lines.

Bill

Prices vary. Not all lines are double but Disney usually is. Carnival cruisers may have more money to spend on board and drink & gamble more. I agree Carnival likely shows less profit per passenger but obviously can't do twice as many cruises (same 52 week year) so wear & tear is similar to everybody else.

Nice really IMO that they don't rip off their pax like greedy Disney does

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

I felt much more ripped off on Carnival Dream than DCL Dream. They don't just offer character breakfasts. They are the entertainment company and you can tell everywhere and their technology is always the latest. The MDR has much more upscale dining, at least in our experience, and so basically I got more than twice as much (awesome private island worth like a $100 excursion but included) so I got my money's worth and then some. I do shop for sales but who doesn't. Even my stingy honey thought every show was worth at least $50 a show, and he isn't even in to musical theater like I am. Would you pay to watch a CCL show?? Not to mention the incredible upscale double bath veranda room I had. That literally was worth twice the interior spa on CCL Dream.

I could say a whole lot more but basically it irritates me when people just sat DCL charges double. There is a reason their cruises can cost double (altho not for me :D) its because you get more than double!! You can't compare evenly the Disney product to the Carnival product. I've heard more comparisons to lines like Celebrity. We wouldn't expect X to compete with CCL prices either.

That would be like buying twice as many groceries and complaining that it cost you double. Who would do that....

My again stingy husband has also agreed that CCL isn't a good value and he is fine with us booking Disney. Thanks to our reward ACCTS, we already have half our cruise covered in benefits. Guess that means we are getting double the product for CCL prices. That doesn't sound like a rip off to me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Edited by TwinPrincessMermaids

Disney Cruises are amazing, no doubt about that. Shows, atmosphere, food, service are all top notch. If you aren't into the Disney experience the price is probably not worth it, but if you are it is a wonderful time. I prefer week cruises that avoid the Bahamas so Disney is out of my budget in prime season (mainly as I like to cruise multiple times a year).

I felt much more ripped off on Carnival Dream than DCL Dream. They don't just offer character breakfasts. They are the entertainment company and you can tell everywhere and their technology is always the latest. The MDR has much more upscale dining, at least in our experience, and so basically I got more than twice as much (awesome private island worth like a $100 excursion but included) so I got my money's worth and then some. I do shop for sales but who doesn't. Even my stingy honey thought every show was worth at least $50 a show, and he isn't even in to musical theater like I am. Would you pay to watch a CCL show?? Not to mention the incredible upscale double bath veranda room I had. That literally was worth twice the interior spa on CCL Dream.

I could say a whole lot more but basically it irritates me when people just sat DCL charges double. There is a reason their cruises can cost double (altho not for me :D) its because you get more than double!! You can't compare evenly the Disney product to the Carnival product. I've heard more comparisons to lines like Celebrity. We wouldn't expect X to compete with CCL prices either.

That would be like buying twice as many groceries and complaining that it cost you double. Who would do that....

My again stingy husband has also agreed that CCL isn't a good value and he is fine with us booking Disney. Thanks to our reward ACCTS, we already have half our cruise covered in benefits. Guess that means we are getting double the product for CCL prices. That doesn't sound like a rip off to me.

Prices vary. Not all lines are double but Disney usually is.

Carnival cruisers may have more money to spend on board and drink & gamble more.

I agree Carnival likely shows less profit per passenger but obviously can't do twice as many cruises (same 52 week year)

so wear & tear is similar to everybody else.

And then again, thinking on a Corporate level

what you gain on the roundabouts, you lose on the swings!

Carnival Corporation owns several lines.

OK, so Carnival is their mass-market line that makes marginal profit.

This is offset by Cunard, Seabourn, Princess, Holland America, etc. which make the real moolah. ;)

The Corporation isn't worried.

If they were, they'd shut down Carnival Cruises by giving y'all a year's notice

in the same manner they shut down Ocean Village on the Brits, despite the very-popular Brand it was.

Nice really IMO that they don't rip off their pax like greedy Disney does

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

Yes it is nice of Carnival to keep their prices that low and not be greedy. I am sure the prices are that low on Carnival because they see Disney prices and feel sorry for everybody.

They are in business and they owe it to their stockholders to make as much profit as possible.

Bill

We are a family with a young child that cruises together and I believe this is a huge mistake for Carnival. The prices are what attracts families to Carnival over Disney but going Disneyesque with the Suess branding will turn away families w/teens, couples, groups w/out kids........pretty much any adults without a child under 9.There plan to steal some of the Disney share will back fire when it costs them a greater % of their current customers. This is a great day for Royal, Princess ect. I'm glad I'm not a carnival share holder :eek:

I disagree. I'm a grandma and I cruise solo. Won't affect me at all since the brunch will be in its own dining room. I might even bring the grandkids with me sometime as they would love it. Won't turn me away AT ALL.

As far as a groundbreaking announcement, did parents of little kids whine about the announcement when they introduced Cheers program or just say, "doesn't apply".

I'm a Carnival shareholder and really enjoy that $250 OBC I get each cruise.

We have not done Disney, and likely never will. It takes 12-18 months to save up enough for our family of 3 to do Carnival for a week in an inside cabin. But...the last couple cruises we did we had a chance to do Disneyland and Disneyworld for a day before the cruise. That left no taste for us to try the cruiseline..we found the theme parks filthy, expensive and crowded, if any of that transfers to their ships...no thanks

We have not done Disney, and likely never will. It takes 12-18 months to save up enough for our family of 3 to do Carnival for a week in an inside cabin. But...the last couple cruises we did we had a chance to do Disneyland and Disneyworld for a day before the cruise. That left no taste for us to try the cruiseline..we found the theme parks filthy, expensive and crowded, if any of that transfers to their ships...no thanks

I agree any type of Disney vacation is expensive. Been to their theme parks many times in my life and no longer pressed to try and afford their very expensive cruises. However I totally disagree that their parks are filthy. There is always someone cleaning. They don't even let the garbage cans get full. Don't know what park you were in that was filthy.

I am not the one who said Disney is a rip off. I know they're more expensive for a reason. Never cruised Disney but heard they are very good. Would love to cruise with Mickey. Maybe someday if my Lottery numbers come up.

If this a reply to mine, fyi, you weren't referenced in the post....

?

Now if they bring on "The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T. (with all those kids forced to play the piano!:eek:), then I would definitely get on board!:D;)

All kidding aside, How is the Lorax going to fit into this?:confused:

"THAT'S A LADY?":D:p

Do you live in this pristine bubble? I have done my share at Disneyland when my kids were younger and couldn't even imagine your post about filthy. Yes, expensive and crowded but from what I understand, the Disney cruise is top notch beyond characters.

I understand some people are germaphobe and any sight of dust spell fifth or garbage

Edited by Blk_Amish