What's the best cruise for with sons 19 & 21

Kincora

My wife and I want to plan a cruise in Feb 2014 with our sons. They are 19 & 21 years old. Both are in college and we all are active outdoors types. I wanted to book a 5 night trip and not sure which cruise line is best for the family. We are trying to avoid younger kids any input would be welcome.:)

You will have a problem finding a cruise that has 19 & 21 year olds, but few kids.

Especially in the latter part of February, there will be lots of schools on spring break and lots of young children. But it is also the time when colleges are on break and so there are more kids the age of your children

My wife and I want to plan a cruise in Feb 2014 with our sons. They are 19 & 21 years old. Both are in college and we all are active outdoors types. I wanted to book a 5 night trip and not sure which cruise line is best for the family. We are trying to avoid younger kids any input would be welcome.:)

I do not profess to be able to tell anyone what is the "best" cruise, there are just too many unknown parameters for each individual's expectations, but if you are looking for a physically active ship for them, I suggest you take a look at Royal Caribbean's Freedom class ships.

both of your kids are adults. The 19 year old can do anything the 21 year old can do except drink. Carnival, Royal caribbean or NCL would do the trick.

On NCL they BOTH can drink alcohol (the 19-year old w/parents permission):D;)

Just a thought.:cool:

I'd suggest any of the big ships. RCI's Freedom class, NCL Epic or Breakaway, Carnival Dream or Breeze,

Disney Dream? Not a Disney fan myself but am told there are things for all ages to do and it's not overrun by kids. :roll eyes:

17-20 tend to be the most difficult age for cruising. Hope your 19 year old is either very good at socializing, or fine with sitting and reading a book for 5 days.

I'm 23 and have cruised pretty much every year since I was 13. I've always cruised Royal Caribbean and have always had a great time ! For the most part, young kids have never bothered my family. To be honest the pre-teen/early teens are the most annoying in my opinion. Now I cruise with my husband and we don't have kids yet, and since we aren't there yet we try and avoid young kids. We don't dislike kids but we will have plenty of time to be around them when raising our own.

Edited by TexasCruiser90

Going on CCL Splendor in January. Several 18-21 year olds with family in roll call. Look at the roll calls and ask about young adults going. Ports of call that offer great beach activities are important.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

That is like asking "what car should I buy for my family" or "what house should I buy for my family of 4". Without more information and even then, any answer that we can give you is meaningless.

DON

`````````````````````````````````````````````````

Welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

Not familiar enough with 5 night cruises to make a good suggestion ... but you might want to check with your travel agent to see what Royal Caribbean has to offer. I think they have some 5 night cruises which would probably be a good fit for your sons.

To avoid younger children you would be wise to not pick Carnival because no matter what time of year there always seem to be many "tricycle motors" on their ships.

Have fun planning and sorry not to have been of more help.

LuLu

~~~~

Edited by OCruisers

2/17/14 Victory on Carnival out of Miami. 5 night cruise.

There are some families with college aged children going. Check out roll call.

Easy cruise - Miami - Sea - Grand Turk - Half Moon Cay Bahamas - Nassau - Miami

Cody