greetings from island princess..

tml1230

good morning, this is our second day on board en route to aruba and then panama canal....it is a GREAT ship with even GREATER staff ...food has exceeded our expectations....

passengers are a nice mix of ages and ethnicity....with only a few looking really hard for something to complain about....

if anyone who is soon to board has a question let me know and i will check it out and respond back as the internet satellite allows......

happy holidays...wish you were here!

Really looking forward to your comments on the Island we board on the 15 February in LAX. We are looking forward to seeing this ship as we have never cruised on the Panamax ships before. We are used to the Grand class ships with International Cafe. I know the Island hasn't got this. Are you missing it? Also who is the Maitre'd please?

Thanks

Jackie

good morning, this is our second day on board en route to aruba and then panama canal....it is a GREAT ship with even GREATER staff ...food has exceeded our expectations....

passengers are a nice mix of ages and ethnicity....with only a few looking really hard for something to complain about....

if anyone who is soon to board has a question let me know and i will check it out and respond back as the internet satellite allows......

happy holidays...wish you were here!

There will always be someone complaining about something. It's in their nature.

Have a wonderful cruise, and if you see Richard up close and personal, please give him a hug for Pia. ;)

day 3 on board and about to dock in Aruba....tomorrow is a sea day so i can better answer questions and give hug......

to the person that asked about this size ship...like you, we are very used (and love) the the grand class ships with the last 7-8 cruises on them so i was a little apprehensive about this class....simply put it is wonderful....(other than getting twisted around because horizen court is in the bow not the stern.)....we have yet to feel crowded and the covered pool is awesome....

as i said, the crew is OUTSTANDING...

more to follow ...on our way to a dive site in 20 minutes...best regards....

So glad you're enjoying the Island Princess, and I real appreciate hearing that you've had positive experiences with the staff. If you see the Music Manager, Matt, please wish him a Merry Christmas from Mom and Dad.

Edited by simbasmom

to the person that asked about this size ship...like you, we are very used (and love) the the grand class ships with the last 7-8 cruises on them so i was a little apprehensive about this class....simply put it is wonderful....(other than getting twisted around because horizen court is in the bow not the stern.)....we have yet to feel crowded and the covered pool is awesome....

as i said, the crew is OUTSTANDING...

We sailed the Coral twice and agree totally with you.

That's the only thing that bugs me about this class of ship - the HC being in the bow instead of the stern. It's so hard to get used to!

I kept going to the forward elevators forgetting that they do not go down to decks 5 or 6 where the dining rooms are.

updates from the island p….

….as seasoned and loyal princess cruisers we are always very comfortable and satisfied with princess but realize there will usually be a hiccup or two when when you put thousands of people on a ship and serve several tons of meals at sea….we roll with the flow and say ..how bad can it be?? we are on a cruise ship for God's sake…….having said that this cruise continues to exceed our expectations in every way.

other than a (very) few jerks…all of them passengers by the way….this has been a very special cruise…. maybe the best of 30 + cruises (it helps living in florida and not having to fly)

to answer a few questions i was asked …the maitre d' is jean paul musia…

Rhaposdy trio in the atrium play the best violin, piano and chello?? ( that thing that looks like a big guitar…….i am more of a alan jackson, luther van dross and temptations guy but this artist on the violin reaches deep into the soul…….best ever

i was asked by Pia to hug Richard for her….i did so and caused quite a scene…it turns out the Richard i hugged (at Pia's request) is a retired longshoreman from Jersey NOT Richard the cruise director…..i am still trying to hook up (perhaps a bad choice of words here) with richard the CD…

i am still looking for Matt the music anger to wish him Merry Christmas for his Mom…how cool is that….

a real find for us was the pizza place that opens for lunch in Sabbatini's….individual pizzas made to your order and great service…..the pizza upstairs is very good but boy this stuff is great…..no cost

the internet has been suprisinly good so farad pretty quick…

announcements about art auctions and stuff have been kept to a minimal…very nice..

if any body thinkng of renting a car in aruba …it was easy and only $50 for the day ...Richi car rentals…right outside the dock…let me know if you want their info…..

haven't tried the specialty restaurants yet…the food for free has been that good……

we got to go to our first "most traveled lunch "yesterday…..best beef tenderloin i ever ate….we sat with the ship's new HR director….which i didn't know they had…..i was very impressed with him and respect the cruise line for making it a senior officer position…

Cartahana didn't do much for us BUT tomorrow we enter the canal….

it is VERY warm even by our florida standards….

Perhaps you could put a note in the patter so you could hug all the Richards on board:D:D:D

Don't however cause a riot as we are due to sail on the Island in May 2014;)

Yvonne,

Not to worry, we will be on for 30 days starting March 2 & will try to calm down all the Richards.

a real find for us was the pizza place that opens for lunch in Sabbatini's….individual pizzas made to your order and great service…..the pizza upstairs is very good but boy this stuff is great…..no cost

We'll be on the Island next month and that is good to know. We enjoyed the pizzas at Alfredo's on the Sapphire so this sounds similar. Thanks for the tip