Upgraded to my first suite!!!!!!!

Chelly

We leave on the Zuiderdam next Friday' date=' December 20. Still don't have a cabin assignment (booked as SZ). I'm not even sure what I'm hoping for, but do hope we know before we leave home. Any ideas?[/quote']

It never hurts to call your TA or PCC, whoever you booked the cruise through.

Tell that person you'd love an upgrade or paid upsell and ask that they remember your wishes when cabin assignments are being assigned.

One thing to remember, you are on a holiday cruise and the ship most likely will sail full so there won't be a lot of cabins available for upgrading. However, you've an excellent chance of being upgraded to SY or higher.

I like to book either the first cruise of the year, or the last cruise before holiday sailings. They aren't very popular, the ships often don't sail full, the prices are good and there are excellent opportunities for an upgrade.

Congrats to Chelly and Rain Bowbright! Only problem with these upsells is you will always be looking to book the suites! I know - been there, done that!!!

Enjoy your cruises. Now if only HAL would come through with an offer for my up-coming cruise in March.......

Donna

Congratulations on the upsell! Just wait until you are able to stretch out on your couch in your cabin and enjoy your jacuzzi bathtub!! Sigh!

And room service meals on my large balcony!

Two basins in my bathroom.

Concierge service (what does the Concierge do anyway?)

I may never leave my cabin!:D

Hiijack away! Now I have two reasons to do the happy dance! A Signature Suite on the Westy and a great group of CC members on the Noordy!:D

(Let's see........who else can we talk into joining us.....hummmmmm.)

Mumsy. And, startwin. Let's see. How about sapper? I think kazu is already on the Prinsendam next fall ???

I know who! Tennessee Titan! Nah...he only does the Nieuw Amsterdam...

Mumsy. And, startwin. Let's see. How about sapper? I think kazu is already on the Prinsendam next fall ???

OK - what's the date of this one? I'll have a think about it.... as long as you guys do the same for the W'dam April '15 cruise.;)

OK - what's the date of this one? I'll have a think about it.... as long as you guys do the same for the W'dam April '15 cruise.;)

Startwin......This will be a wonderful sailing with terrific ports. Barcelona is just lovely and an easy port to cruise from. Everything is a short distance away...airport, hotel, port. Hope you will join us.

Yes. Let's get to work on all of them! I know someone else who has an L in her initial who was considering it but concerned about time off for hubby. Maybe.....just maybe.....

I hear ya. After my first balcony, it was tough going back to inside. So, I know a suite will leave me wanting more. For me, just being on a cruise ship is heaven. I'll travel in a closet if necessary!:cool:

We started in inside, then graduated to outside. Next it was a verandah. Had a SA once, I'd go with it every cruise, but DH likes to penny pinch. He says we get along just fine in a verandah.

In the end, he wins, it's a verandah or nothing.

We started in inside, then graduated to outside. Next it was a verandah. Had a SA once, I'd go with it every cruise, but DH likes to penny pinch. He says we get along just fine in a verandah.

In the end, he wins, it's a verandah or nothing.

We started out the same way as you did. I would all ways book a inside cabin. The we went to outside, then to a veranda. On our last Princess cruise my TA got us a mini for less than the veranda. Of course, we took the mini. I would love a suite but I feel we don't spend that much time in our cabin. And to tell the truth, I don't want to spend that much.