Upgraded to my first suite!!!!!!!

Chelly

Congratulations Carol!

I was able to upgrade my VB to SY as well this afternoon for a reasonable amount! And this is MY FIRST UPGRADE EVER!

(I wonder if you got the cabin I told my Travel Agent was OK; when she called back, it was gone and I had another choice.).

The Upgrade Fairy is alive and well!

Wooooaaa, Carol!!! Not so fast. ;) The TA cruise leaves Sunday, October 19 (not October 15), exactly a week after the Bar Mitzvah. We spent 4 nights in Barcelona pre-cruise and will do the same again.

That was more than adequate. Given that it is relatively expensive if you stay in a nice hotel like the Hotel Colon.

Presumably the Bar Mitzvah is either in NY or NJ, you can pack before hand, and leave a couple days later for BCN. :)

Thanks, Sheila, I'm going to look into that. I think have the dates right. It's Saturday and Sunday in New York, but we could come back and fly out of Newark. Isn't that where you had to fly from? We're flying from Philly for January.

Thanks, Sheila, I'm going to look into that. I think have the dates right. It's Saturday and Sunday in New York, but we could come back and fly out of Newark. Isn't that where you had to fly from? We're flying from Philly for January.

Philadelphia seems to be a gateway for US Airways. No...we flew US Airways from Boston to Reagan in DC to Philadelphia to BCN. Cheapo flight. I think they've stopped doing that run. Aer Lingus does it from JFK to BCN and from BOS to BCN. For under $700....one stop in Dublin. Seems the least expensive way to go...That is what we will do.

The girl who does my hair is from Ireland and she tells me it's an easy flight. Only reason I didn't book it in October was because they waited a few days to approve the Travel Scoot and I got nervous. Wish I'd waited to book it with them!

I checked for you and it leaves JFK at 5:30 PM. Arruies in BCN at 10:10 AM....and that's including the 7 hour time difference. Don't ask me about that...it confuses me! :eek:

Edited by innlady1

Philadelphia seems to be a gateway for US Airways. No...we flew US Airways from Boston to Reagan in DC to Philadelphia to BCN. Cheapo flight. I think they've stopped doing that run. Aer Lingus does it from JFK to BCN and from BOS to BCN. For under $700....one stop in Dublin. Seems the least expensive way to go...That is what we will do.

The girl who does my hair is from Ireland and she tells me it's an easy flight. Only reason I didn't book it in October was because they waited a few days to approve the Travel Scoot and I got nervous. Wish I'd waited to book it with them!

I checked for you and it leaves JFK at 5:30 PM. Arruies in BCN at 10:10 AM....and that's including the 7 hour time difference. Don't ask me about that...it confuses me! :eek:

LOL. Maybe you should book it for me. I mentioned it to Sam and he's thinking.

I would love to do that, but no way it's going to happen. My grandson's Bar Mitzvah is Oct. 12. The cruise leaves the 15th. Having never been to Barcelona, I would want to take advantage of some sight seeing, so it just won't work next fall.I'll catch up with you sooner or later.

Carol,

Our Noordam TA sails on Oct. 19.

Prepare to be spoiled by the "Suite Life". It quickly becomes an addiction.

I hear ya. After my first balcony, it was tough going back to inside. So, I know a suite will leave me wanting more. For me, just being on a cruise ship is heaven. I'll travel in a closet if necessary!:cool:

I am sooooo excited I am doing the old-fashioned doc dance without the docs!!! I even grabbed my poor startled cat to dance with me!

My TA called with a very nice offer for a paid upgrade to my very first suite and I accepted. I went from a VB gty to a SY. I cruise solo and until a few years ago, I cruised in inside and occasionally outside cabins. Recently, I've had a few verandahs which to me is pure luxury, Now, I am just beside myself with excitement to have an entire suite all to myself.

So, I just needed to share my excitement with someone besides my cat:)

You all understand, right?:eek:

Wonderful! You'll have a fabulous time, especially with so much more room!:)

Congratulations Chelly! Enjoy all that space. We loved our first suite on the NA in October.

Mumsy.

Oh Mumsy, I loved so much meeting you. AND, I still owe you drinks in the piano bar......I have not forgot.....for those wonderful name tags! I will pay up!

I hear ya. After my first balcony, it was tough going back to inside. So, I know a suite will leave me wanting more. For me, just being on a cruise ship is heaven. I'll travel in a closet if necessary!:cool:

LOL...we had a balcony on the Nieuw Amsterdam but I'm back to a closet on the Maasdam/Noordam in January/February. Would LOVE an upsell offer to a balcony....but doubt that's in my future!

Wooooaaa, Carol!!! Not so fast. ;) The TA cruise leaves Sunday, October 19 (not October 15), exactly a week after the Bar Mitzvah. We spent 4 nights in Barcelona pre-cruise and will do the same again.

That was more than adequate. Given that it is relatively expensive if you stay in a nice hotel like the Hotel Colon.

Presumably the Bar Mitzvah is either in NY or NJ, you can pack before hand, and leave a couple days later for BCN. :)

Good for you, Sheila. You MUST convince Carol to join us!

Chelly....congratulations....I'm so excited for you! Couldn't happen to a nicer person. Maybe you'll have a repeat in October! I need to have the "do not move" thingy taken off my account!

Thank you my friend for the nice words. Of course you know how I like to be on port side forward for a WB TA......so if a suite is offered on Starboard in Oct, I regretfully would have to turn it down :confused:

I'm in. Now I have to convince Sam who needs a day to think. We do have a very big anniversary in September so this would be perfect.:)

I think we hijacked your thread Chelly, but you are the OP.

Hiijack away! Now I have two reasons to do the happy dance! A Signature Suite on the Westy and a great group of CC members on the Noordy!:D

(Let's see........who else can we talk into joining us.....hummmmmm.)

Edited by Chelly