Are Umbrellas Still Provided?

trabeler

We leave next week for a Panama Canal cruise on the Century and are in the middle of packing.

Does anyone know if the Century provides umbrellas for regular cabins (we'll be in an inside)? I can't remember whether or not I've seen them on the last several sailings and the only time I really remember them was when we needed them on a Baltic sailing on Connie back in 2009 (it rained in every port!).

Since we're flying, anything we can do to cut down on the baggage would be helpful.

Thanks!

We leave next week for a Panama Canal cruise on the Century and are in the middle of packing.

Does anyone know if the Century provides umbrellas for regular cabins (we'll be in an inside)? I can't remember whether or not I've seen them on the last several sailings and the only time I really remember them was when we needed them on a Baltic sailing on Connie back in 2009 (it rained in every port!).

Since we're flying, anything we can do to cut down on the baggage would be helpful.

Thanks!

They are in the closet on Aqua class

We had one in our inside cabin before - but that was a couple of years ago. However, they are not the folding kind so found they were very obtrusive to carry around. I like the folding travel kind much better but I definitely understand not wanting to pack things you don't need.

Not sure if your itinerary will call for a lot of rainy ports but if they are normally like this and no umbrellas in the rooms, they were surely be available quite cheaply in the ports of call -- then you can just leave it if you don't want to carry back with you.

We had a small folded one and a larger one in our veranda SR.

Here is a funny story about umbrellas I read on this forum a while ago.

A man complained about the poor service on a Celebrity ship. He couldn't find an umbrella in his SR and his steward told him there were none in storage, and told him to go to the Front Desk. He did but the young lady there couldn't find one so she offered up hers and asked him to return it to the Front Desk when he returned on board. He forgot and left it in the room at the end of the cruise because he said he didn't have time to go back to return it.

He then came on this forum and told that story as an example of poor service since there wasn't one in his SR.

Unbelievable......well, quite believable after reading a number of recent posts.

Den

We had a small folded one and a larger one in our veranda SR.

Here is a funny story about umbrellas I read on this forum a while ago.

A man complained about the poor service on a Celebrity ship. He couldn't find an umbrella in his SR and his steward told him there were none in storage, and told him to go to the Front Desk. He did but the young lady there couldn't find one so she offered up hers and asked him to return it to the Front Desk when he returned on board. He forgot and left it in the room at the end of the cruise because he said he didn't have time to go back to return it.

He then came on this forum and told that story as an example of poor service since there wasn't one in his SR.

Unbelievable......well, quite believable after reading a number of recent posts.

Den

Yes, very poor service on his part.:D