Carnival Glory New Dining :(

Cruzin2paradise09

Just got off the Glory this morning. Don't like the no tablecloths because the drink glasses sweat and it puddles on the table. The family style dining is crap. Maybe better if you are with family it would be fine.

We had a horrible head waiter so that didn't make the new dining experience any better.

Nobody monitored clothing ... "Formal" night there was a large family wearing jeans, t-shirts and shorts. Last night, someone in that family had on a wife-beater tank top!

They put the tablecloths on for "formal" night but the atmosphere wasn't there.

Will post a full review some time later this week. I am sitting at the airport waiting for my flight.

As expected.

Dumb down the decor of a room, and everyone follows suit.

We hear how BRILLIANT this change is, but I see they are already questioning themselves. The ones wanting the table cloths far outweigh those that don't mind eating in the kitchen.

Hopefully this will reverse. And quickly.

As expected.

We hear how BRILLIANT this change is, but I see they are already questioning themselves. The ones wanting the table cloths far outweigh those that don't mind eating in the kitchen.

The ass't maîtreD kept telling our table that everyone loved the changes. Our waiter said he had 44 people and all 44 hated it.

Go figure.

As expected.

Ditto.

Just got off the Glory this morning. Don't like the no tablecloths because the drink glasses sweat and it puddles on the table. The family style dining is crap. Maybe better if you are with family it would be fine.

We had a horrible head waiter so that didn't make the new dining experience any better.

Nobody monitored clothing ... "Formal" night there was a large family wearing jeans, t-shirts and shorts. Last night, someone in that family had on a wife-beater tank top!

Will post a full review some time later this week. I am sitting at the airport waiting for my flight.

Other than that mrs Lincoln, how was the play?

As expected.

I would agree that some cruisers do not need any motivation to take it to another level.

The ass't maîtreD kept telling our table that everyone loved the changes. Our waiter said he had 44 people and all 44 hated it.

Go figure.

OP, make sure you comment about this on the email comment questionnaire!

I hope all the 44 other guest send there opinions to Carnival about how they disliked the new dining style.

More reasons for us to only use CCL as a budget backup and CCL could care less. :(

We sail on the Glory three weeks from today. I was astonished to see the bare cold tables in a photo posted a few days ago, I just thought it looked awful. That's my opinion and shared by hundreds of others. Smart Management listen to their customers. It's my hope they have a change of heart and bring back the table cloths.

Did the waiters still sing an dance every night? Also what is the desert parade? Have a safe trip home

Family style seems to be the new way of serving.

Just attended a black-tie optional dinner, seated with strangers and every dish was served family style. Two problems--the dish with the fish in pesto was oily by the time the last person (me) got it and we were lucky there were only nine at our 10-top. We used the space to park the dishes.

Sorry that you had such a negative experience; with the way Carnival is marketing their product these days, seasoned travelers looking for a quality vacation experience will likely be disappointed.

If a cruiser is interested in no a frills, bare boned, "I will wear want I want because it's my vacation", Carnival is welcoming you with open arms. But if you want something way above all that, try RCL or Celebrity; you won't be disappointed.

Ok I admit to not being fully informed about the carnival dining changes but what does the op mean when he says "family style dining?"

Is he saying they are putting pass around platters on the table for a bunch of strangers to share?

My definition of family style is just that

Someone please clarify on detail. Thanks

Ok I admit to not being fully informed about the carnival dining changes but what does the op mean when he says "family style dining?"

Is he saying they are putting pass around platters on the table for a bunch of strangers to share?

My definition of family style is just that

Someone please clarify on detail. Thanks

All the wives will have to go in the galley and whip up dinner.

*Sexism intended.

Edited by Tutankhamen