Room Service Breakfast Tips?

That's exactly what we do. THE best room service experience:)

I wish they would plac trays out for taking things back to the room.

Placing a couple of cups of coffee along with a bagel or pastry on a plate seems to make the journey back to our cabin a little easier. One time I stole a tray from the servers station because the seas were so rough.:o

I was thinking of bringing a small decorative tray with me in February.

Oooh - never thought of making my own mimosa! Great idea - next cruise in Feb.

I love eating a meal on my balc as we are coming into a port - love to see the land formations and small towns - never seem to get enought of that!

So, I always order breakfast to eat on my balcony - I usually order a little more than I need, but always manage to eat it - sometimes because I am only 1 traveller, they do not read the slip, and include double portions!

Love to order a soft boiled egg, and put it on my toast - like it better than cold scrambled, add a little butter and salt - my chosen balc food. Bacon is usually 2 slices,but they will double that if you ask. And a carafe of coffee - never just a cup - that is usually 2 1/2 cups & juice. Often order a piece of fruit, but sometimes do not get it- have had mixed fruit in its place, but no biggie. Make up my plate and take it out to the balc, seconds kept inside for a bit.

Keep a set of the cutlery/napkin in your drawer, then if they forget, you have some - also and extra salt,sugar,creamer etc - usually they bring it even if you do not ask, but if you forget to tick something, hard to run upstairs to WJ or everything else will go cold.

I go out to breakfast on at sea days, but love breakfast on my balc other days! - and do not count on the wake up call - sometimes they are knocking on the door as the phone rings! Or it just does not happen!

Someone wrote they were just on Voyager - do they have tables,or just small side tables on the balcony??

Most mornings I go up to the WJ, make a plate with exactly what I want, and bring it down to my cabin to eat on the balcony.

exactly.. we order coffee & oj delivered. then whenever we head to the WJ and get exactly what we want how we want it if there are windows seat we grab one if not we head back. 3 eggs over med right of the grill, a major load of bacon, some of those hash brown potato things, english muffins, butter and jam in my shirt pocket. silverware in my back pocket. it's all good

Had quite a variety of bacon types on the different ships. I have experienced the thin tasteless type, but on other cruises it has been very nice. I think in the windjammer there is sometimes more types and the room service was more likely the very thin one? Can't remember. Don't give up hope on the bacon!

:D

We have had pre ordered (night before)breakfast in the room several times over different cruises but find that the OJ and milk are warm like the tray is being set up very very early and only the hot/warm foods are added at the last minute. We like cold cereal and tepid milk ruins it. To us it is more comfortable to eat at a table in the dining room where you can spread out although I do get the romance of balcony dining. If you have time to wait I would recommend calling in the morning instead of pre- ordering at night.

We usually order coffee, prunes, bran muffins (write in), skim milk. Last cruise, we ordered the eggs, bacon, hash browns. Small servings.

We use them as a back-up alarm. They call before they come, and most of the time they deliver closer to the start of the time window.

Keep several one dollar bills in a drawer for tipping.

It's probably better to order finger foods, like coffee, danish, etc. DH is mildly handicapped, so he needs a table to eat at.

Edited by knittinggirl

"Hot" food was not hot or very good, tastes are subjective but don't get your hopes up. Coffee was plentiful and hot. Fruit plate very nice. Assorted condiments (sugar, sweetener, creamer) etc. all delivered in abundance. Received a call ahead from room service and our order arrived about 10 minutes after the call and towards the earlier part of the time slot selected.

Yes, it is a treat to have breakfast in peace and quiet on your balcony; a real change of pace. But if you're looking for really good food it's not RS breakfast you are after.

We had breakfast once on our corner aft balcony. We used the door hanger to order the night before. They called ahead and delivered promptly in the morning. The view was fabulous and the company even better - but we only did it once. We preferred to head to Windjammer where we could get our food and sit at a table together without juggling plates and cups on our laps (we were on Navigator and only had the short table).

IMG_1060_zpsafac9065.jpg

I recommend trying it at least once - that's the only way you'll know if you like it.

DH is mildly handicapped, so he needs a table to eat at.

It's worth a call to the Special Needs department. On Celebrity they actually built a special table for my DH because he couldn't use the regular table on the balcony. It wasn't anything fancy, basically a plywood top on 2x4 legs...but it made his balcony-dining possible and enjoyable!

We had contacted them with questions about the MDR table height, so they were aware of his needs. The table on our balcony was a pleasant surprise for him!

It's worth a call to the Special Needs department. On Celebrity they actually built a special table for my DH because he couldn't use the regular table on the balcony. It wasn't anything fancy, basically a plywood top on 2x4 legs...but it made his balcony-dining possible and enjoyable!

We had contacted them with questions about the MDR table height, so they were aware of his needs. The table on our balcony was a pleasant surprise for him!

Was calling Special Needs before of after sailing?

Edited by knittinggirl

Sorry if this is a dumb question....but if you order OJ, cranberry juice, or apple juice and you don't have a drink package, do you get charged for it? :o

No charge during breakfast hours! I usually order an extra glass and keep it in my fridge for later in the afternoon. Actually, cranberry juice with champagne is even better than oj!

No charge during breakfast hours! I usually order an extra glass and keep it in my fridge for later in the afternoon. Actually, cranberry juice with champagne is even better than oj!

On Independence earlier this month, they did suggest Mimosas and other drinks with a note that they were at bar prices.

Was calling Special Needs before of after sailing?

We called well ahead of time, because on a prior cruise the dining table height was an issue for DH. Our experience is that the Special Needs Dept is pretty good, but they need enough notice. They can't help you if they don't know what you need. :)

This is true of hotels and other venues, as well as cruises.

Edited by Three Rings