For the loyal

Tutankhamen

What would have to change at Carnival to get you to cruise with another line? With all the talk of menu's and tablecloths, I am curious about those who are still loyal and what it would take for you to leave Carnival.

For me, the Comedy shows would be the last straw. Pull them, and I would be gone. Do not care much for food and dining, so that isn't a big deal to me. Live music, eh not a deal breaker.

We don't cruise FOR the food, but enjoy the many choices available. If the food is not good on our Liberty cruise in March, it may sway us to try other lines. However, I don't hear rave reviews about NCL food. I think their shows are outperforming Carnivals. I really do not lik the Playlist shows, at least not the one we attended on Breeze. Hasbro is only fun if you have family involved, IMHO.

I'm not loyal to Carnival, but they'd probably be my first choice for a cruise in the near future because their price point fits our current vacation budget, and they sail out of our home city. If their prices went up to match the other lines that sail out of NYC, or they left NYC, that would make me choose another line. Right now when I compare cruise prices, even with a past guest and/or law enforcement discount on RCI, Carnival still beats their price in NYC. If RCI ever comes out significantly cheaper (or NCL/Princess/any other NYC ships) then that's what we'd choose. In the future when our DD is older and our budget allows for more vacation spending, price may not be the determining factor.

I am getting tired of the cutbacks. I agree the price is right so we keep cruising on Carnival. The new menus will make me check out other cruise lines after 41 cruises with Carnival.

Just out of curiosity ... does the menu change alone make you want to leave the line, or will you only leave if the food gets bad reviews? There haven't been a lot of critiques yet, but it could be delicious. The choices look appetizing to me, anyway...

After 41 cruises, however, I think I'd venture out also. :)

Edited by michigancruiser0715

Would you rather pay more or have a few cutbacks ? Me,I want a cheap price so I can cruise 3 or 4 times a yr. Any think they feed me is better then I cook at home. Things have been taken away but thing have been added to. I don't fly first class to the port and I stay in a inside cabin. If people want better and can afford it cruise some where else and pay two times the cost. For me keep my price cheap. OH, I don't stay in a 5 star pre cruise. I will be at a holiday inn. Just clean and I'm happy.

They have an edge over others when it comes to affordability. Hence 3 of my 4 cruises and soon to be 5th, are with Carnival. All those cruises, Carnival has been the least expensive at the time I booked. My lone Royal cruise was to try another line. Would I pay a little more for a better Carnival product/experience? Yes. But, if we're talking the same price as other lines, I'd probably be more loyal to Royal.

Edited by seannyice81

My last cruise on Carnival - which we just took over the weekend.. It was atrocious! (and it was my 10th on Carnival and 15th overall) I felt like it was Spring Break with the wild young adults on board, the all night parties, running and screaming down the hallways, poor service in the dining room and mediocre food and I could go on and on....... I have always been a cheer leader for Carnival but after this cruise I am rethinking my primary cruise line and want to try Princess or someone else ASAP...

Cheap prices and convenient ports of embarkation. If they increased prices and stopped sailing from my 2 closest ports of call, I would probably forget that Carnival even exists.

How loyal are people to any cruise line? Even people here on CC who might be called cheerleaders would probably switch lines if Carnival was not close to home. The west coast is an example. If Carnival pulled off the west coast would the loyal customers fly to Galveston or Florida adding $500 pp to the vacation or would they become fans of Princess and NCL who still sail out of LA.

I think this has happened with Royal. I am considering Princess because it so expensive to catch a Royal, HAL or Carnival cruise.

Well I have talked to a person who has traveled Princess quite a bit (and is doing two ten day back to backs next month) and she is getting a good price. Inside room for twenty days for what we are paying for a balcony on Carnival in June for eight nights. It's within a few hundred difference. Also she said Princess has cut back quite a bit also. I have never cruised Princess but would like to try different ones than I have gone on but it usually gets down to the where they cruise out of and their destinations.

I just finished my fourth Carnival cruise. Not many, but enough. My 2010 Valor cruise, I LOVED the food. We just got off the Breeze. The food was definitely subpar, inconsistent, and dull. The service was slow in the MDR and sometimes non existent. We do enjoy our dinners and on this cruise, we didn't look forward to it.

For that reason, unless the itinerary or the price are unbelievable, we are going to look at other lines. We took a Celebrity cruise in January 2013 and the food was good.

Carnival might seem cheaper. But I love Celebrity. I'm not sure if it's still on, but they were offering free drink package, prepaid gratuities and an obc.

A different experience that's for sure. I took an improv class on my last cruise and preformed in the passenger show. Sure I sucked, but I got up and did something new.

Leaving the Port of New Orleans would be the only reason.

Don't care about shows, itineraries, food, kids programs, comedy, food venues, DJs, live music, loyalty programs, or tablecloths - whatever there is/isn't is fine with me.

Just want to cruise and relax on a nice, comfortable ship at at an easy to get to port.

Well I have talked to a person who has traveled Princess quite a bit (and is doing two ten day back to backs next month) and she is getting a good price. Inside room for twenty days for what we are paying for a balcony on Carnival in June for eight nights. It's within a few hundred difference. Also she said Princess has cut back quite a bit also. I have never cruised Princess but would like to try different ones than I have gone on but it usually gets down to the where they cruise out of and their destinations.

The person you ralked to wasn't kidding when they said Princess has cut back too.

On a one week cruise they have maybe 3-4 different shows in the main showroom. They have the same show 2 nights in a row.

They have cutout their late night Bistro/ buffet in favor of the International Cafe.

They no longer have the seafood buffet on embarkation day either.

Still not a bad cruise but not the same as a few years back.

Bill

What would have to change at Carnival to get you to cruise with another line? With all the talk of menu's and tablecloths, I am curious about those who are still loyal and what it would take for you to leave Carnival.

For me, the Comedy shows would be the last straw. Pull them, and I would be gone. Do not care much for food and dining, so that isn't a big deal to me. Live music, eh not a deal breaker.

I am loyal only to my wallet:). If I go on a CCL cruise and feel that I did not receive a good value for my money then I would be less likely to sail on them again.

If they raised their prices to match other cruise lines, I doubt they would ever get my business again. Let's face it, I usually choose Carnival after I compare and they are just so much cheaper.

Charging for food would have the same effect. I sail because it is all inclusive, the less it becomes so, the less likely I would be to choose it as my vacation.

Edited by asalligo

If they raised their prices to match other cruise lines, I doubt they would ever get my business again. Let's face it, I usually choose Carnival after I compare and they are just so much cheaper.

Charging for food would have the same effect. I sail because it is all inclusive, the less it becomes so, the less likely I would be to choose it as my vacation.

I would have to echo this. Also, since I am a smoker, and Carnival is about the only cruise line that still allows smoking on the balcony, I'm not in any big hurry to switch cruise lines. (Please, no flaming from non-smokers. Save that for another thread.)