View of White Bay from Sydney Harbour Bridge?

fionan

Can you see the cruise ships at the White Bay Terminal from the Bridge? I am thinking of doing the Bridge Climb before my cruise, and if you can see the ships from the top of the bridge I will try to book a dawn climb on the day of my cruise. Ship is meant to dock at 6am so if I am really lucky I will see her sailing in. (The climb is timed so that you reach the top at sunrise - 6.30) Any thoughts from locals? I don't think we climb much higher than the road level, but we do get a 360 deg view when we reach the top, so maybe someone who has driven over the bridge could tell me the answer.

Thanks!

You can see the bridge from the ships at White Bay so as long as the photographer can take photos looking towards it you should be ok. Mostly the photos are taken looking the other direction (towards the Opera House).

I'm climbing the bridge next March on a QM2 sector that berths at OTC. I've seen excellent photos of people with the QM2 behind them.

When we passed under the bridge in November there was a group climbing the bridge. Made for good photos.

Thanks, guys! One more thing to get excited about!! And I had not even thought that I might be able to get a photo from the other perspective at sailaway as well. The only slight downer is that to pass a 5am breathyliser test, I will need to stick to orange juice at the pre-trip party the night before :)

Thanks, guys! One more thing to get excited about!! And I had not even thought that I might be able to get a photo from the other perspective at sailaway as well. The only slight downer is that to pass a 5am breathyliser test, I will need to stick to orange juice at the pre-trip party the night before :)

That's funny. I read your original post and you weren't even thinking of any photo ops! Hopefully that might work for you then too! But yes, a quiet night before!

Another good spot where you can see both opt and white bay is from the pylon...... Cost $12 last time we went ... I think they give you free admission if you do abridge climb

Yes, you receive free admission to the pylon with a bridge climb.

I climbed the pylon this month and you can take great photos of the spectacular view from the four sides of the pylon.

$13 now ($8.50 seniors)

Opening Hours 10 - 5

Entrance is from street level, Sydney Harbour Bridge.

http://www.pylonlookout.com.au/Visitor_frs.htm

Yes, you receive free admission to the pylon with a bridge climb.

I climbed the pylon this month and you can take great photos of the spectacular view from the four sides of the pylon.

$13 now ($8.50 seniors)

Opening Hours 10 - 5

Entrance is from street level, Sydney Harbour Bridge.

http://www.pylonlookout.com.au/Visitor_frs.htm

Thanks for this website.