Can 1 person book 2 rooms?

alohanails

We are a family of 3... Hubby and I in one cabin and our adult daughter in another.... She is paying the single rate for her inside cabin but if we put her dad in her room (as well as ours) we could qualify for the military rate....I am aware we would have to pay taxes and port fees for 2 but the savings is more than that.... So, is this something that can be done?

Thanks!

Bonnie

We are a family of 3... Hubby and I in one cabin and our adult daughter in another.... She is paying the single rate for her inside cabin but if we put her dad in her room (as well as ours) we could qualify for the military rate....I am aware we would have to pay taxes and port fees for 2 but the savings is more than that.... So, is this something that can be done?

Thanks!

Bonnie

Sounds like good in thought...only problem is one person can't be booked in two different cabins...sorry.

Military Program Restrictions

You are purchasing a cruise vacation using a special restricted price program rate. It is important that at least one guest per stateroom be eligible to be considered in compliance with a restricted price program. It is also important to note that non-compliance of the restricted price program terms will result in the reservation being re-priced to the lowest available fare for that particular day. Furthermore, you will be responsible to pay for any differences immediately or else your boarding rights will be denied.

The above is a copy from RCI web side.

Edited by wieslaw

Thanks!

Bonnie

then you would lose the military rate eligibility for YOUR room and YOU would be paying the single supplement instead. you cannot be double booked.

so unless you also are AD only one cabin may be booked at the rate under his eligibility.

One person's name cannot appear on the manifest twice.

I suspect that they use something other than name, such as passport number, that cannot appear twice. My father and I have the same name since RCI's reservation system does not recognize Sr. and Jr. It is possible that there could be several people with common names, such as John Smith, and some might even share a birthday.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Even if this was not caught ahead of time, it would be caught at check in...and your daughter would end up paying the MUCH higher rate of whatever Revenue decides the room is worth on day of sailing. You don't want that. She doesn't want that. Don't cheat the system. Her room doesn't qualify for the military rate. What you are attempting to do is dishonest.

And before anyone says it, it is not the same as breaking up two seniors (or crown and anchor members, etc) that will be staying together into two rooms so both rooms qualify for a senior rate. In that instance two people qualify, in this case only one does.

Even if this was not caught ahead of time, it would be caught at check in...and your daughter would end up paying the MUCH higher rate of whatever Revenue decides the room is worth on day of sailing. You don't want that. She doesn't want that. Don't cheat the system. Her room doesn't qualify for the military rate. What you are attempting to do is dishonest.

And before anyone says it, it is not the same as breaking up two seniors (or crown and anchor members, etc) that will be staying together into two rooms so both rooms qualify for a senior rate. In that instance two people qualify, in this case only one does.

Wow....dishonest huh? That's your opinion....but thanks for the lowdown on breaking up the seniors and c and a members! My parents who are traveling with us are diamond and seniors so with a little switcharoo the discount is even better! I personally do not see the difference but to each his own....;)

Wow....dishonest huh? That's your opinion....but thanks for the lowdown on breaking up the seniors and c and a members! My parents who are traveling with us are diamond and seniors so with a little switcharoo the discount is even better! I personally do not see the difference but to each his own....;)

The difference is that there ARE two C&A members and there ARE two senior citizens. You have only one military person, correct?

A Jr suite would cramp hubby's style... And my daughter would say no way! But thanks anyway....yes, there is only one person who technically qualifies for the rate, I just thought since the berth was going empty it might be able to be done....

Rccl is so lax with the military discount they have never asked anyone we know who has used the rates to present the proof....including us! The rate we have now is just as good with moms senior discount and c and a savings certificate so alls well that ends well....I really wasn't trying to be "dishonest"... Just trying to save a buck....and I really didn't think of the senior discount so once again.... Thanks!

We just sailed with friends....wish we would have done the switcharoo for them....we could have gotten them our balcony discount....we know for next time!

If there are two discrete people, then you can get two discounts for two rooms without issue. So two seniors booking two discrete rooms is perfectly fine.

OTOH, if there is only one person, then you can only get one room discounted with a discount.

What you are doing is dishonest (even though you do not think so), and against the rules.

If you think it is OK, then why not book your husband into 100 rooms and get everyone the military discount then?

the difference is you are, as a group, only entitled to ONE Cabin at the military rate as only one member of your party is Military. regardless of whether or not proof is requested is beside the point. ( BTW we always have been asked to show his CAC)

by contrast you have more than one person eligible for the senior rate or C&A discount rate, and as such can legitimately book multiple rooms in their names.

Integrity is a core value of the military. you either have it, or you do not. if you choose to try and find loopholes then yes, IMNSHO you are being dishonest.

the difference is you are, as a group, only entitled to ONE Cabin at the military rate as only one member of your party is Military. regardless of whether or not proof is requested is beside the point. ( BTW we always have been asked to show his CAC)

by contrast you have more than one person eligible for the senior rate or C&A discount rate, and as such can legitimately book multiple rooms in their names.

Integrity is a core value of the military. you either have it, or you do not. if you choose to try and find loopholes then yes, IMNSHO you are being dishonest.

Not just the military. And as you said, you either have it or you don't.

Booking 100 rooms and getting the military discount for all? Come on now....that's not even what I was looking to do....I was seeing if my husband could pay theroom rate and extra room and port taxes on an empty berth....not the same thing at all....I understand that it can't be done

Jeez....I forget how "judgemental" some people can get.....let's face it....splitting up a senior, or a c and a member to give your "benefit" to someone else is just as "dishonest" ....yes, it is "legal", but the outcome is the same....giving a discount to someone who didn't qualify for it rightfully on their own.....it's still not "right" is it? But it's done everyday I am sure....and surely none of you all reading this post would ever think of doing that! :rolleyes:

And for he record....If you go back to my original post I asked if this way of booking was possibility...I really didn't expect to be called "dishonest"....

Obviously there are some on the boards who feel "holier than thou" and felt the need to put me, who unintentionally tried to "break" rules in "my place"....I have opinions of you as well.....but unlike you I will keep them to myself...

That being said.....I hope everyone, yes everyone, has a wonderful holiday season! Try to remember these boards are for sharing knowledge....and opinions when asked....I truly don't remember asking for opinions...it was knowledge I was seeking....and thanks to all who informed me without preaching....it is very much appreciated!:)

Bonnie

Jeez....I forget how "judgemental" some people can get.....let's face it....splitting up a senior, or a c and a member to give your "benefit" to someone else is just as "dishonest" ....yes, it is "legal", but the outcome is the same....giving a discount to someone who didn't qualify for it rightfully on their own.....it's still not "right" is it? But it's done everyday I am sure....and surely none of you all reading this post would ever think of doing that! :rolleyes:

I'll disagree with you on this. The first time we did this (diamond discounts for two rooms) it was suggested by the loyalty ambassador, and Royal is very happy to accommodate it.

I don't think you were, in your original post, trying to be dishonest, but I do think your defense of the option, after you were given an explanation is not necessary. Personally I'd just give a simple Mea Culpa and move on.

Enjoy your cruise.