Price already up on Pinnacle Grill

Krazy Kruizers

For what it's worth, New Year's Eve dinner at the restaurant owned by Le Cirque's sons in NYC is $395 per person, plus beverages, tax and tip.

Phew....... talk about pricey.

And they likely will sell out. :)

The majority of the restaurants we go to charge around $40 for the entrée. Salads, sides, desserts, etc. are all extra with most starting at $10 a piece for each extra item.

Le Cirque -- as much as we love it -- and even though we get 50% off -- with few choices we will think if we will book it in the future. Thankfully we had already pre-booked them.

Frequently, I go to a (family owned) restaurant just a five minute walk down the street from where I live & can order a large steak or king-cut prime rib, along with a salad, large baked potato & vegetables for $20!

Frequently, I go to a (family owned) restaurant just a five minute walk down the street from where I live & can order a large steak or king-cut prime rib, along with a salad, large baked potato & vegetables for $20!

and it isn't from the Keg - that's for sure!!!

The majority of the restaurants we go to charge around $40 for the entrée. Salads, sides, desserts, etc. are all extra with most starting at $10 a piece for each extra item. ...

This is where my small town lifestyle really shines. The lack of local fine dining has taught me that good meals can be had at some of the plain old coffee shops. It's rare that the tab for two of us exceeds $20. I guess if I had no choice, I'd pay more - but it would grate on me, knowing what I know about the good coffee shop food. :)

Our last 2 cruises were on Celebrity where specialty restaurant prices are $45 per person, and IMO are very overpriced for what you get. I actually prefer the Pinnacle Grill, and even at $29 per person, it's a bargain. We've not yet done Le Cirque, but we plan on trying it on our upcoming cruise. Edited by VioletHorse

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]We used to have some small family restaurants around here where everything except the dessert was included and the prices were reasonable.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]One burned down and the rest closed their door. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Now we have left Wendy's, McDonald's, Taco Bell -- all fast food places.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Here in the land of the strange in SW Florida, the Marriott on the beach is sold out at $600 a night and the Ritz is turning people away for Christmas and New Years--dinner and lodging are all at capacity! At the beginning of December our favorite restaurant was taking reservations for Valentines!
I envy the poster in a small town some days..... ON the other hand we have a brief chilly spell-only in the mid 70's today.
Merry Christmas to all!

[quote name='Typhoon1']I don't know of any land based restaurants you can get that quality of food and service for $29.00 pp,

Dinner for two would easily be in the hundred dollar range.[/quote]

[B] It would be more than $100 in Boston for two people and if you add cocktails and/or wine it would be considerably more.
[/B]

We were one of the last to experience the Pinnacle with table side service (Caesar Salad / Lobster Bisque / Steak Diane). We'll evaluate the new menu... With regards to LeCirque - we have always said no. Our last cruise we said "yes". In our opinion....we love the Pinnacle, but Le Cirque provided nothing compelling to make us want to do it again. A few more dinner options, but on the other hand, a few less dinner options. We are very frequent cruisers and will dine every night in the Pinnacle, with the exception of Le Cirque.

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5]We do love the Le Cirque and already had booked it for upcoming cruises before the price went up.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5]But with a very limited menu, I don't think that we will book after those cruises.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='mariner']Most New Yorkers are not impressed with Le Cirque. Reminds us of 21.

But HAL expects you'll be impressed with it because it's Le Cirque of NYC.[/QUOTE]
Haven't been to Le Cirque NYC, but you bring back memories with 21. I left NY many years ago, but one of the Burns family members was in my high school class and had her sweet 16 party at 21 of course. Bussed us all in from Long Island on a Greyhound and we were treated like celebrities. At 16 we were mighty impressed! We recently had our 55th high school reunion and were laughing about our big night at 21!