"inside" balconies

Akitkat118

Each cruise we have done on Oasis or Allure have been Boardwalk Balconies - the last 2 and LOVE them! :D You get the ocean views but also the Boardwalk view PLUS the Aqua Theatre is right there. NOW.....depends on if you like to people watch, and also catch the shows and practices, watch the zip liners above, watch the movies and such that they play on the big screens. Personally, we like that, so is just right for us. There are sometimes people on their balconies across the way, but really wasn't many or a problem - didn't bother us and we just make sure curtains are closed if changing. Noise is not a problem either.....except if there is a show, the Boardwalk is actually pretty quiet at night! ;)

JMO but if I have a balcony, I would rather see the ocean than the inside of the ship. I never saw anyone on the Mariner actually using these balconies, and also noticed how all the curtains are drawn shut as you can see right across.Maybe some folks would like these, but not for us.
The Mariner Doesn't have any!:eek:

I've been on 4 cruises. On the first three we had a regular ocean balcony room. This past summer we were on the amazing Allure and we took a Boardwalk balcony because we got a really good price on it. We were nervous about it since we've been so spoiled with the regular beautiful ocean view balcony and also I'm extremely sensitive to noise when I'm trying to go to sleep. But the price was good and we decided to take the chance since there are only 2 ships in the world that have rooms like this.

WE LOVED THE ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In our opinion it's THE BEST kind of room onboard! We absolutely loved it. You get the best of both worlds, since you have a beautiful view of the ocean but you're also right there in the middle of the action. We spent a lot more time on our boardwalk balcony than we ever did on our regular balcony - watching people on the zip line, watching Oceanaria and especially Oceanaria practices, looking at the beautiful water...I wish I was there right now! :)

After Oceanaria is over the boardwalk is dead, so there's no noise to be worried about. You should try to be closer to the aft so that you get a better view of the water and the view of the shows and also get further away from Dazzles, where there sometimes are parties at night.

Also, there are the "secret balconies" at the aft of the 12th and 11th floor which are barely used and you can go out there for shows and beautiful aft views.

We were on the 11th floor and went out there for sail away, docking and the belly flop competition ;).

Definitely try this kind of room, it's our favorite!!

Edited by alaskawdw12

Just want opinions on those "inside" balconies on Oasis/Allure (like the central park, boardwalk views etc). I am a little hesitant about those since you can see right across.

are they loud at night?

thanks!

Tried a Central Park balcony on Allure and enjoyed it no noise Problems.

I loved being able to watch the diving shows (and diving practice) from the balcony. No extra noise as long as your doors are closed.

Just want opinions on those "inside" balconies on Oasis/Allure (like the central park, boardwalk views etc). I am a little hesitant about those since you can see right across.

are they loud at night?

thanks!

Tried a Central Park balcony on Allure and enjoyed it no noise Problems.

I agree....

We've had a Central Park balcony, Ocean balcony, and 2 Boardwalk balconies on the Allure. I still prefer the Boardwalk balcony....great views of the Boardwalk, Aqua Theater, and the ocean.

Edited by slk230red

We usually book an oceanview balcony for my husband and me, and an inside cabin across the hall for our daughters. On Allure, there are very few options for this combination. We ended up getting our daughters a Central Park balcony (10585), which cost less than the inside because we were able to apply the Crown and Anchor balcony discount. Well, they loved it! There was no noise, and it was less hot/humid than our oceanview balcony so they used it more often than we used ours.

So, if you are platinum or above, your balcony discount can make the CP balcony a better value than an inside or oceanview cabin.

We had a CP balcony on deck 11 all the way at the rear next to the tower. You could hear the pool band during the day if you sat outside on the balcony. Very little noise at night and none if the doors are shut tight. And the C & A discount lowered the price way down.

Each cruise we have done on Oasis or Allure have been Boardwalk Balconies - the last 2 and LOVE them! :D You get the ocean views but also the Boardwalk view PLUS the Aqua Theatre is right there. NOW.....depends on if you like to people watch, and also catch the shows and practices, watch the zip liners above, watch the movies and such that they play on the big screens. Personally, we like that, so is just right for us. There are sometimes people on their balconies across the way, but really wasn't many or a problem - didn't bother us and we just make sure curtains are closed if changing. Noise is not a problem either.....except if there is a show, the Boardwalk is actually pretty quiet at night! ;)

First one coming up 11729 last one starboard right outside the Secret Balcony! So glad to read your post!:D

We usually book an oceanview balcony for my husband and me, and an inside cabin across the hall for our daughters. On Allure, there are very few options for this combination. We ended up getting our daughters a Central Park balcony (10585), which cost less than the inside because we were able to apply the Crown and Anchor balcony discount. Well, they loved it! There was no noise, and it was less hot/humid than our oceanview balcony so they used it more often than we used ours.

So, if you are platinum or above, your balcony discount can make the CP balcony a better value than an inside or oceanview cabin.

Wow, interesting stuff. I may have to check one of these out one day.

We've got our promenade room booked on Freedom. We are bringing double sided tape with a frosted shower curtain to hang in the window. We'll have light, no one will be able to make out what they are seeing from across the way, and we'll either scoot under or remove when we sit at the couch area to people watch. Perfect.

Sorry, I think they are called promenade balconies..:D:eek::cool:

On Mariner, there are Promenade rooms with a window seat (sofa in front of a window) that overlook the Royal Promenade - your link shows one. These rooms are actually inside cabins (no balcony at all, no sea view, just a window with a view of the Promenade.) It's sort of the same idea - they do overlook an interior area of the ship - but Promenade rooms are not balcony cabins.

The "inside balconies" are unique to Oasis and Allure. They are balcony cabins (with actual balconies) that overlook Broadway or Central Park. The Broadway balconies toward the aft of the ship can also see the ocean pretty well. We've never tried one (only had an ocean view balcony, starboard side on Allure) but if we did, I'd probably go for a Broadway balcony as far aft as possible - as others have said, they have great views of Broadway, the Aquatheater, the ocean, plus easy access to the "secret" public balconies on Oasis and Allure.

Judy

This link shows them. I believe it is the same idea??

http://www.cruisecritic.com/cabinguru/deckplanreviews.cfm?ShipID=274&category=PR

Those are just promenade view rooms. No balcony.

On Oasis and Allure you actually have a door that opens to a balcony and you can sit outside with either a view of the boardwalk or central park.

Edited to add: Looks like Foxgoodrich beat me to it!

Edited by readytolose

Thank you. I stand corrected. I would think those would be pretty desirable..:)

On Mariner, there are Promenade rooms with a window seat (sofa in front of a window) that overlook the Royal Promenade - your link shows one. These rooms are actually inside cabins (no balcony at all, no sea view, just a window with a view of the Promenade.) It's sort of the same idea - they do overlook an interior area of the ship - but Promenade rooms are not balcony cabins.

The "inside balconies" are unique to Oasis and Allure. They are balcony cabins (with actual balconies) that overlook Broadway or Central Park. The Broadway balconies toward the aft of the ship can also see the ocean pretty well. We've never tried one (only had an ocean view balcony, starboard side on Allure) but if we did, I'd probably go for a Broadway balcony as far aft as possible - as others have said, they have great views of Broadway, the Aquatheater, the ocean, plus easy access to the "secret" public balconies on Oasis and Allure.

Judy

Thank you also..Hope you are warm up there in Wisconsin..:)

Those are just promenade view rooms. No balcony.

On Oasis and Allure you actually have a door that opens to a balcony and you can sit outside with either a view of the boardwalk or central park.

Edited to add: Looks like Foxgoodrich beat me to it!

We had a Boarwalk balcony and a Central Park balcony on the Allure, doing a back to back on the Allure. I would take a regular oceanview room any day of the week over these. Too noisy and no privacy. In fact we would stay home rather than staying in these rooms.

They remind me of a condominium complex. It just does not apeal to me on a cruise ship.

We stayed in a Central Park Balcony on deck 12. I would try a Boardwalk, but we did not enjoy the CP balcony. I missed the ocean, there was very little to see in CP and there was no privacy. Every time you got changed you had to think about he curtains, although we rarely saw anyone using their balconies for anything other than a swimsuit dryer and luggage storage. BTW, we were directly under the kids pool, no noise , very nice. There was a lot of noise on the balcony when you had competing noise from above and below, but the balcony doors did a marvelous job sealing it out.

All in all I'll stick to OV from now on but I would try a Boardwalk if I had the chance.