How I told my wife we have a JS -video shown on Christmas

Toddcan

Very nice Todd! :)

I have to get you to make me a video for Valentine Day 2015 when I surprise my wife when we go on Anthem of the Seas in March 2015 in a Junior Suite Spa on the hump.

That is if I can keep a secret from her that long.

Jimbo:)

Nicely done! That's EXACTLY what I'm doing for my husband on our next cruise! He thinks we're getting a D1 balcony, as we usually do. Little does he know, we're getting our first JS!!! Can't wait to see his face when he realizes it!! :D:D:D

Have a great cruise!!

Great Job Todd! (R U actually driving from Cda in March!!!:D)

We really enjoy the drive to Florida. We take 3 days to drive down, and 2 days to drive back. We only drive 6-8 hours per day on they way down, which is very tolerable. We stop for lunch, do some shopping, etc.

Great job on the video Todd!!!

We drove to Florida in August, so when I saw all the welcome signs, it brought back very nice memories :) We actually drove from Toronto to Columbia, South Carolina all in one day :eek: Glad you are taking your time!

Have a super cruise!!! Enjoy the JS :p

Great job on the video Todd!!!

We drove to Florida in August, so when I saw all the welcome signs, it brought back very nice memories :) We actually drove from Toronto to Columbia, South Carolina all in one day :eek: Glad you are taking your time!

Have a super cruise!!! Enjoy the JS :p

Man, that's a long haul for day one, especially since you are a good 60-75mins from the border (depending if you are in Oakville/Miss or Scarbourough areas)

Man, that's a long haul for day one, especially since you are a good 60-75mins from the border (depending if you are in Oakville/Miss or Scarbourough areas)

It WAS a long haul! We are in Toronto and we drove through Fort Erie. We traveled with our best family friends so it was a real fun adventure!!!:p

I should NOT have watched that video. As soon as it was done. I went down to the basement, grabbed my suitcase, and started packing shorts, sandals, t-shirts, and anything else I can't use around here for the next 6 months.

Which means that for the next 21 days and 20 hours, my wife will be giving me THAT LOOK :rolleyes: complete with the eye roll, big sigh, and an occasional "You are worse than a child." I will simply respond with my own look :D:D

But hey, you are only as old as you feel, right?

I was following your original thread as to whether or not to tell your wife about the JS and was one of those that thought she'd get so much out of the anticipation of knowing beforehand that it would be best to tell her before going.

Bet you've earned LOTS of brownie points for this surprise! :D Enjoy your cruise!

We really enjoy the drive to Florida. We take 3 days to drive down, and 2 days to drive back. We only drive 6-8 hours per day on they way down, which is very tolerable. We stop for lunch, do some shopping, etc.

You should look into doing the Amtrak AutoTrain from Lorton, Virginia (just south of DC) to Sanford, Fl (just north of Orlando) or vice versa. If you get a mini sleeper, its quite a bit more money but worth it, its a vacation itself. You are invited to a wine and cheese party when you pull away from the station; you have a wonderful sit down dinner, when you return to your sleeper, the attendant will have turned down your beds (the top one folds down from the ceiling). Bring a laptop with some movies. Or they invite you to watch a movie in the movie train (free). You should experience the amtrak auto train at least once. I love it. Last time I was on was September 2009 and I met so so many Canadians heading south. Had a blast at the wine and cheese party. I pop an ambien to help me sleep as its a train and not as quiet as I need.

You leave VA around 4 pm and pull into Sanford around 9 a.m

Edited by Trekker954

It was neat to see my wife on your video. We filmed that Jr.Suite portion of your video for our first cruise eve r(20th anniversary,) and it was one of our first attempts at a You Tube video. I am glad that we could help be a part of the big surprise.

We actually booked the same room on a 6 night on Independence this February.

More exciting news! We're close to final payment date, and the price of a JS just dropped again - $759pp. Called Royal and grabbed the $180 reduction.

Niiice.

I am keeping an eye on the Grand Suites. I had one booked, but when the JS dropped in price, I switched, saving a bundle. However, I've been watching the availability of GS, and it's been at 15 cabins for quite a while now (almost 3 months is when I started looking), and it's still at 15 - no one wants to pay the $1649 for a GS. If it drops enough (would have to be just a little more than I paid for my JS), I will upgrade to a GS - even after final payment date.

I couldn't watch your video as it was blocked in the UK:( After getting that message I tried Tunnelbear tuned to the US and it was still blocked

Blocked... um.. is that normal for some videos? I made it myself with Windows Movie Maker, and uploaded it myself.. odd.

Todd, you romantic ole softie...I was thrilled with the surprise too....hope your trip is the berries:D

Don't mean to toot my horn, but go by the deck 5 office of the CD just behind Champagne Bar and look on the wall by his door....

Edited by BecciBoo

If it drops enough (would have to be just a little more than I paid for my JS), I will upgrade to a GS - even after final payment date.

I hope you can book a GS...and then surprise your DW when she opens the suite door. That would be...sweet!! :D

Blocked... um.. is that normal for some videos? I made it myself with Windows Movie Maker, and uploaded it myself.. odd.

Apparently it contains music from various sources (listed) and one of the sources has blocked it in the UK on copyright grounds. I viewed it on my Nexus but will try again on my PC as I'd really like to see it.What a lovely surprise for your wife