Tutti Salad??

summersigh

Just booked on the Grandeur OTS for late spring.

Does RCCL still have the Tutti Salads for lunch in the MDR on sea days?

I adore them!! :D

They had it on the Allure and Vision when we sailed on them this year. As far as I know they are still serving the Tutti Salad Bar in the MDR at lunchtime.

They had it on Liberty this month. Did not chop (someone on here mentioned health reasons). There were a few things missing from selection but I had one and after I took it to the table and chopped the heck out of it. Yum! Just as good as ever.

Edited by dealer9296

Thanks for the pic, but I can't tell what it really is? Can someone please explain? Is it like vegetables and meat and do they cook it? Is it a cold salad?

Goin on Serenade in February, so wondering if this is a definitely try ??

Thanks!!

Cold salad. You select the ingredients, which include various types of lettuce, vegetables, meat, shrimp, smoked salmon, croutons, etc.

Thanks for the pic, but I can't tell what it really is? Can someone please explain? Is it like vegetables and meat and do they cook it? Is it a cold salad?

Goin on Serenade in February, so wondering if this is a definitely try ??

Thanks!!

Yes, it's cold. It's basically a large salad bar. You tell them what veggies you want. There is meat for you to put on yourself as well as cheese. The meats are usually chicken,shrimp. I prefer them not to chop it. I can see where allergies could be an issue with chopping as they just use pizza cutters and dip them in water to "clean" which can lead to cross contaimination.

It is a cold salad bar but there are meat and seafood toppings, as well as veggies and other toppings. Once you choose what you want on it, the staff tosses it and then you are surprised at how big it is :). What makes it special is that everything is made to order as you walk through. Also, the ingredients are so fresh. It is never crowded like the windjammer buffet and you can have as little or as much as you like, while having the full mdr menu also. Some eat just the salad as their meal others get a small salad but order a main course from the menu. It is one of our favorite meals on the ship. Once you try it you never want to miss it. Hope you give it a try.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app