What happens if 1 passenger in a cabin for 4 has to cancel?

Rubeng724

Ok. Suppose Passenger 1, 2, 3, & 4 are all booked in the same stateroom. If one of these passengers can't go, can we cancel just for that passenger? Or do we have to cancel the whole reservation and book a new cabin for 3 passengers?

If we CAN cancel just for that 1 passenger before the 75-Day period, will be get a full refund from what the passenger paid?

Thanks!

Most cabins are double occupancy unless it's a suite. They wouldn't get thier money back (unless they had instance ) but your price shouldn't go up . Fare is based on first and second passenger, if me of them cancels I'd make sure to call cruise line to make sure two of the ppl going are listed as first and second,

Ok. Suppose Passenger 1, 2, 3, & 4 are all booked in the same stateroom. If one of these passengers can't go, can we cancel just for that passenger? Or do we have to cancel the whole reservation and book a new cabin for 3 passengers?

If we CAN cancel just for that 1 passenger before the 75-Day period, will be get a full refund from what the passenger paid?

Thanks!

Before final payment, the passenger will receive a full refund of every penny paid, and it will not affect the other three at all.

Often passengers 3 and 4 are less cost. If you had divided the total cost evenly, you will have a new total to divvy up; assuming its prior to final payment.

this is what happened with us last year ... the other 3 had to pay a little more.

Most cabins are double occupancy unless it's a suite. They wouldn't get thier money back (unless they had instance ) but your price shouldn't go up . Fare is based on first and second passenger, if me of them cancels I'd make sure to call cruise line to make sure two of the ppl going are listed as first and second,

this is completely untrue! There are many cabins that are quad. and of course they would get their money back before the 75 day period. Please fact-check before answering!!

There are insides, ocean views, and balconies available for 4 guests. You certainly don't need a suite

OP specifically asked "If we CAN cancel just for that 1 passenger before the 75-Day period, will be get a full refund from what the passenger paid?"

Therefore your reply stating "They wouldn't get thier money back (unless they had instance ) but your price shouldn't go up ." is totally incorrect. RCCL's website clearly states that you will get a full refund if you notify us at least 75 days prior to your sailing date (60 days for 3 & 4-night cruises or 90 days for holiday sailings). Here's the link to RCCL's website that details the cancelation policy.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=227&faqSubjectId=323

It never ceases to amaze me that CC posters would not direct the OP to RCCL's website for the cancelation policy rather than making their own assumptions ? In fact why wouldn't the OP have checked out RCCL's website first ?

Edited by xxoocruiser

Thanks Everyone! I'm kind of getting it, but I'm still kind of confused. :confused:

I'm going to make another scenario to see if you can help me out.

Okay, SUPPOSE Passengers 1 and 2 each paid $1,000, while Passengers 3 and 4 each paid $750 (Total= $3,500).

1) What would happen if Passenger 2 cancels? (Before the 75-Day Period)

2) What would happen if Passenger 4 cancels? (Before the 75-Day Period)

Thanks for the Help!

Thanks Everyone! I'm kind of getting it, but I'm still kind of confused. :confused:

Okay, SUPPOSE Passengers 1 and 2 each paid $1,000, while Passengers 3 and 4 each paid $750 (Total= $3,500).

Thanks for the Help!

It doesn't matter in which order the passengers are listed.

If one person cancels, you'll pay $1000 for 2 people and $750 for the third person, and you'll be refunded $750 (using the prices from your example).

Edited by DonnaK

OP specifically asked "If we CAN cancel just for that 1 passenger before the 75-Day period, will be get a full refund from what the passenger paid?"

Therefore your reply stating "They wouldn't get thier money back (unless they had instance ) but your price shouldn't go up ." is totally incorrect. RCCL's website clearly states that you will get a full refund if you notify us at least 75 days prior to your sailing date (60 days for 3 & 4-night cruises or 90 days for holiday sailings). Here's the link to RCCL's website that details the cancelation policy.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=227&faqSubjectId=323

It never ceases to amaze me that CC posters would not direct the OP to RCCL's website for the cancelation policy rather than making their own assumptions ? In fact why wouldn't the OP have checked out RCCL's website first ?

I did check it, but I don't understand if that applies to a whole stateroom or just to individual passengers.

Thanks for the Help!

depends on how you divvied it up. the first 2 names on the reservation will pay full price, period. if pax 2 cancels that means pax 3 or 4 is now number 2 thus subject to the higher cost. so in scenario one, pax number 3 or 4 is now going to owe another $250.( or maybe 3&4 pays an extra $125 each to make it fair)

in scenario 2, Pax 4 gets their moolah back and everyone else has no change.

at least that's how I think it works...

Using your example of $1,000 each for the first 2 occupants, and $750 each for the next two occupants.

Cabin Occupancy

2 Occupants - each would pay $1,000 for a total of $2,000

3 Occupants - each would pay $917 for a total of $2,750

4 Occupants - each would pay $875 for a total of $3,500

If the cabin was booked and paid for in full using the 4 person occupancy rate, and then one person decided not to go, that person would get back the $875 that they put up. Then the room rate would go up to $917 for the remaining 3 occupants, meaning they would have to pay $42 more per person, for a total of $2,750.

If the cabin was booked and paid for in full using the 4 person occupancy rate, and then two people decided not to go, each of those two not going would get their $875 back. Then the room rate would go up to $1,000 for the remaining 2 occupants, meaning they would have to pay $125 more per person, for a total of $2,000

Using your example of $1,000 each for the first 2 occupants, and $750 each for the next two occupants.

Cabin Occupancy

If the cabin was booked and paid for in full using the 4 person occupancy rate, and then one person decided not to go, that person would get back the $875 that they put up. Then the room rate would go up to $917 for the remaining 3 occupants, meaning they would have to pay $42 more per person, for a total of $2,750.

If the cabin was booked and paid for in full using the 4 person occupancy rate, and then two people decided not to go, each of those two not going would get their $875 back. Then the room rate would go up to $1,000 for the remaining 2 occupants, meaning they would have to pay $125 more per person, for a total of $2,000

Thanks for the Extra Help! :)

Cabin Occupancy

In either case no additional money would be paid to RCL. If you actually divided the room total evenly between the 4 people the person that cancelled will only get $750 back from RCL. If the other three left want to give the 4th person that cancelled all his/her money back they would have to give it out of their own pockets.

In either case no additional money would be paid to RCL. If you actually divided the room total evenly between the 4 people the person that cancelled will only get $750 back from RCL. If the other three left want to give the 4th person that cancelled all his/her money back they would have to give it out of their own pockets.

Not so.

IF they divided the room equally, each would have paid $875, not $750.

Therefore...

If I and 3 friends decided to share a cabin that cost $3,500 for the 4 of us, we would split the cost evenly. $875 each.

If I, or anyone of us decided not to go, then that person would get back the $875 that they put in. That would make the cost of the room $2,750, or about $917 each for the three occupants. $42 more each.

If we all paid the same in the beginning, then it really did not matter who's name was listed in which order.

:):):)

You missed my point.

If RCL charges the 3rd and 4th person only $750, RCL will only refund the person that cancels $750. I know the 4th person paid $875 if divided equally but to get the additional $125 back the other 3 people would have to pay the one that cancelled out of their pockets.

RCL doesn't care if the 4 people divided it equally, they will only refund the amount for the 3rd and 4th person rates.