If I am Elite, can I still bring my cabin mate to the evening cocktail event?

Oneluckywoman

Hello Celebrity cruisers,

It used to be allowed, under the previous Captain's club rules, that I could bring my cabin mate with me to the evening cocktail event, as long as they were traveling with me in my stateroom. I am married but sometimes cruise with my Mom or other ladies. If anyone knows the answer to this I would really appreciate the info!

Thanks!

Rhonda

It used to be allowed, under the previous Captain's club rules, that I could bring my cabin mate with me to the evening cocktail event, as long as they were traveling with me in my stateroom. I am married but sometimes cruise with my Mom or other ladies. If anyone knows the answer to this I would really appreciate the info!

Thanks!

Rhonda

No, they check both cards

I thought I read on my last sailing, you could bring a non-elite cabin mate to the event with you. Assume they sere checking cards to be sure the names matched the cabin numbers to validate the cabin mate is in the cabin, not another cabin.

Actually, I just found my Captains club welcome letter from my Nov 30 Reflection sailing and it says in the "PLEASE NOTE" section:

All Valued guest [sic] and their companions staying in the same suite/stateroom over 21 years old are welcome. Please refrain from inviting non-elite guests not staying in your stateroom, as they will be unable to enter Elite lounge/events.

Edited by cle-guy

Thanks!

Rhonda

Yes. From the Captains Club Elite member benefits section:

Elite Member Benefits

"Our aim is to ensure that each and every cruise experience offers you all the recognition and rewards you so richly deserve. That means unprecedented levels of service, access and perks. Celebrity is pleased to offer the Captains Club Coffee Break experience and Cocktail Hour exclusively for Elite/Elite Plus members and their stateroom/suite companions. The casual coffee house style experience available most mornings offers complimentary espresso, teas and other menu items. The cocktail hour available most evenings offers a wide selection of beverages and the ability to enjoy socializing with fellow Elite/Elite Plus members and relaxing with a complimentary drink before dinner."

Traveling companions over 21 staying in the same stateroom as the Elite member have always been welcomed on our past cruises. This has always been stated on the letter listing the Elite events left in our stateroom on embarkation day.

Our most recent cruise was 9 months ago but I doubt it has changed since then.

Traveling companions over 21 staying in the same stateroom as the Elite member have always been welcomed on our past cruises. This has always been stated on the letter listing the Elite events left in our stateroom on embarkation day.

Our most recent cruise was 9 months ago but I doubt it has changed since then.

Maybe they were just checking the cabin numbers....he just seemed to glance at the color of card. We only went once 10 minuets before it ended and they did refuse to serve two others who came in shortly after the cut off time. So be sure to beon time. :)

Our adult daughter travelled in the same cabin with us on our Bermuda cruise in June. She and my husband visited the CC Hostess during our first day at sea and she received a card indicating that she was with Elite passengers.

It was very nice to have her join us for cocktail hour.

Just returned yesterday from Constellation. 100% your roommate at least 21 will be allowed. In your stateroom will be a letter explaining Elite perks where it states they are included. No worries-Celebrity comes through. Concierge will check that Elite is on at least one of your room keys. Enjoy!!!!

I calledCaptain's Club about this very issue two weeks ago and was told that her room key would indicate Elite. I did not inquire concerning coupons.

When I asked about this recently I was told that while cabin mates were welcome to the Elite lounge, they would not receive any coupons.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We were on the Summit the week of Dec 14th. My husband (Select) received a folder in our cabin upon boarding with Select coupons and list of Select events. I (Elite) received a folder with Elite Coupons and list of Elite events. In addition, I had drink coupons in my folder for two persons (6 coupons per day total). One set of the coupons had my last name on them, and the other did not. And they all worked!

We were on the Summit the week of Dec 14th. My husband (Select) received a folder in our cabin upon boarding with Select coupons and list of Select events. I (Elite) received a folder with Elite Coupons and list of Elite events. In addition, I had drink coupons in my folder for two persons (6 coupons per day total). One set of the coupons had my last name on them, and the other did not. And they all worked!

So did you have coupons the whole week? There was no Elite Happy Hour lounge?

So did you have coupons the whole week? There was no Elite Happy Hour lounge?
When we were on the Summit, we received coupons for the whole week as well as having Michael's Club available as the Elite Happy Hour lounge.

Michael's Club was not crowded because the Elite passengers were pretty well spread out since the coupons could be used at other bars on the ship.

It was a very nice arrangement, the ideal way to do it, we thought.

When we were on the Summit, we received coupons for the whole week as well as having Michael's Club available as the Elite Happy Hour lounge.

Michael's Club was not crowded because the Elite passengers were pretty well spread out since the coupons could be used at other bars on the ship.

It was a very nice arrangement, the ideal way to do it, we thought.

Thanks, it is a good way to do it.... looking forward to it in a few days! :D

Edited by A Sixth?

What you need to do is. The 2 of you go down to the Captains Club desk. Show them your card and ask to have your friends card changed to show your level. As you might know while walking in the event is not the time to handle this. The person at the door is only looking for level of Captains Club. Have their sign a sail card changed. They will make the new card right there at the Captains Club desk. I've only done this once and all went smooth. Richard

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if a non-Elite Plus Captain's Club member would get the complimentary coffees and teas from Café al Bacio if they were staying in the same cabin as an Elite Plus member? Would they get the invitations to events such as the Elegant Tea?

I know they don't get Elite Plus coupons, but was wondering if they would get complimentary access to the type of amenities/experiences that couples usually share?