Benefit to booking onboard?

Br00klyn102

We are going to be on the Constellation in May 2014, however we are looking at booking a cruise in Feb 2015. My question is, is there any benefit to booking while on board rather than right now with the current 123 promo?

Hi Brooklyn,

If you book onboard, and choose the Reserved Passage option, you are eligible for both an Onboard credit and 1 other promotion. However, the 123 promo is currently scheduled to be available until the end of February, so it's an unknown what promo (if any) will be offered during your May cruise.

Here's a link to the onboard booking programs. Please Click Here . I hope this helps, and Happy New Year !

Edited by Host Andy

We got $300 OBC and the alcohol package. We transferred our cruise over to our TA and got $375 additional OBC. The reduced deposit is no big deal unless you don't want to tie up your money if you are waffling about the cruise. If it were a discount it would matter. The price of our cruise is soaring and now $700 pp higher than when we booked. That may not be something consistent across the board but apparently our cruise is popular.

The incentives for booking another cruise on our recent Reflection cruise were:

1. A cabin upgrade (the next level of cabin)

2. Reduced deposit

3. Additional on-board credit (over the 123 go promotion)

4. Complimentary dinner for 2 in a specialty restaurant for the cruise that we were on

5. And since it was a European cruise that we were booking, we had the option of 2 out of 3 of the 123 promotion.

And we were able to transfer the reservation to our TA where we received more OBC.

Definitely worthwhile if you know which specific cruise you want to book.

Seriously considering booking a 2015 B2B in February on Azamara Quest.

I've booked on board many times, but the new rules on Captain's Club have me a bit confused.

It used to be you could upgrade one level within a category for inside and ocean view cabins. I believe that is still in place.

What confuses me is the other categories, which is new. Can you upgrade from ocean view to veranda, or is it just an upgrade of one level within the veranda, concierge categories?

What confuses me is the other categories, which is new. Can you upgrade from ocean view to veranda, or is it just an upgrade of one level within the veranda, concierge categories?

You can upgrade from a veranda category 2D to 2C, concierge category C3 to a C2 or from an aqua class category A2 to an A1 now. You can't upgrade suite categories.

Edited by thebutlerdidit

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to Celebrity. We are going on our first cruise at the end of the month, but I'm pretty sure we are going to love it and want to book another.

I thought I read somewhere on CC that you will get a category upgrade when booking onboard even if it is your first cruise and you aren't really a Captains Club member yet. Is that true?

Let's say I book for Feb 2015 and pick the beverage package from the 123Go special. I will also be entitled to OBC from Celebrity and my deposit will be $100 per person. I will be booking at Celebrity's current rates. The booking will then be transferred to my TA. I'm using this TA for the first time but from what I can see they seem to run a lot of specials offering additional perks.

When the booking gets transferred, if my TA is offering a lower price, would I get that price or the price I booked at?

If my TA was offering additional perks, would they likely give them to me too?

If the fare drops in the future would I be able to get any kind of an adjustment?

Also, if I buy an Open Passage to give to friends who want to cruise with us, will that serve as their deposit? If they needed to cancel, do we just lose the Open Passage, or could they transfer it back to us?

I appreciate your help. This is pretty confusing and I like to be as informed as possible.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

You can upgrade from a veranda category 2D to 2C, concierge category C3 to a C2 or from an aqua class category A2 to an A1 now. You can't upgrade suite categories.

Read the fine print on the onboard flyers. I know when we were on the Norwegian Fjords cruise in June, I noticed the onboard material offered a two category upgrade so I booked a C3 and got a C1

A day or so later they contacted me and said it was a mistake as the policy had changed January 2013 to only allow a one category upgrade for the concierge class cabins BUT after checking with Miami they honored it since it was still listed as an option