Upper Middle Class Bogan, which cruise line?

NSWP

I can honestly say I am not a bogan based on this test.:D

Oh dear, should I aspire to be one though?

Edited by Aussieflyer

Dammit, I am a bogan maybe....

9. Do you wear your bathrobe outside? Um, does a ship's balcony count?:o

10. Are thongs your primary footwear? Hmm, maybe in summer but I also think there should be an additional question here that asks if Uggs are your chief footwear in Winter.

10. Are thongs your primary footwear? Hmm, maybe in summer but I also think there should be an additional question here that asks if Uggs are your chief footwear in Winter.

9. Perhaps, I do wear a robe on a balcony, but where I live it would be hard to get outside in a bathrobe, down the lift, seven floors…..unlikely to happen :)

10. Does it count having a pair of thongs that you usually never wear?

What about fluffy fur slippers? Possum fur from NZ? Does that make me a bogan? :p

Edited by Aussieflyer

Hahaha, categories and name calling! We all get categorised as something. My parents were wogs when they came over from Europe in the early 60's. Now, I am from the country, as it says up there on my banner, and I can tell you when some people say "farmers!" with the right inflection even that can come across as an insult :D

We sailed on Rhapsody and met a lovely couple that looked/dressed a bit like bikers. Well I guess they were, but they were also professionals that owned their orthodontist practice. They were lovely people, but they were not treated very nicely but some staff and passengers. They probably were in a better financial position that a lot of the "would be if they could be"s that looked down their nose at them. We got the feeling they really enjoyed themselves anyhow, and they were always out and about at activities.

By the way, I am not a bit thong wearer, but I do love my moccasins. I don't wear them down the street most of the time though. I will not say never though!

Edited by kjsmith63

Hahaha, categories and name calling! We all get categorised as something. My parents were wogs when they came over from Europe in the early 60's. Now, I am from the country, as it says up there on my banner, and I can tell you when some people say "farmers!" with the right inflection even that can come across as an insult :D

We sailed on Rhapsody and met a lovely couple that looked/dressed a bit like bikers. Well I guess they were, but they were also professionals that owned their orthodontist practice. They were lovely people, but they were not treated very nicely but some staff and passengers. They probably were in a better financial position that a lot of the "would be if they could be"s that looked down their nose at them. We got the feeling they really enjoyed themselves anyhow, and they were always out and about at activities.

By the way, I am not a bit thong wearer, but I do love my moccasins. I don't wear them down the street most of the time though. I will not say never though!

People can be cruel and some will judge people on their looks and not their behaviour.:(

I don't think a bogan (or even an upper middle class one) wears mocassins ever.:D

Quite common to see people walking about Cunard ships in their bathrobes.

Thongs aren't always worn on the feet.

In London, UGGS are a VERY high fashion item which sell for extraordinary amounts of money. We saw an UGG store in one of the new Shopping centres -- which had a security guard on the door allowing only a couple of people in at a time. thus there was a big queue outside the store. Price for the UGGS - around $200 at least :)

Barry

Quite common to see people walking about Cunard ships in their bathrobes.

Thongs aren't always worn on the feet.

In London, UGGS are a VERY high fashion item which sell for extraordinary amounts of money. We saw an UGG store in one of the new Shopping centres -- which had a security guard on the door allowing only a couple of people in at a time. thus there was a big queue outside the store. Price for the UGGS - around $200 at least :)

Barry

If uggs are a bogan symbol, does it matter if they are only worn inside the house and not in public?:eek:

I remember my English cousin (while visiting her in Oxford) thought denim jeans were very naff and told me so even though I was wearing some at the time. I just thought she was very old fashioned. :p

When in NY a couple of years ago a female business acquaintance said everyone wore ugg boots when it snowed (basically January through March). She was a little older than me and I asked (with more than a little horror) "Even in Public?" Yep.

Horses for courses.

If uggs are a bogan symbol, does it matter if they are only worn inside the house and not in public?:eek:

Those ugly plastic, bright-coloured crocs with the big holes in them were breeding everywhere a few years ago. Now the same company make up-market ones that look like normal shoes. I have a pair that I paid $79 for and wear them whilst walking on deck, heck I even wear them at home walking the dog!

Guess I would be classified as a bogan! Oh well, whilst they're talking about me they're leaving someone else alone! :D

Those ugly plastic, bright-coloured crocs with the big holes in them were breeding everywhere a few years ago. Now the same company make up-market ones that look like normal shoes. I have a pair that I paid $79 for and wear them whilst walking on deck, heck I even wear them at home walking the dog!

Guess I would be classified as a bogan! Oh well, whilst they're talking about me they're leaving someone else alone! :D

There is an idea, Uggcrocs. They have the holes but also the sheep skin lining.:eek:

There is an idea, Uggcrocs. They have the holes but also the sheep skin lining.:eek:

:o I own a pair, & 2x pairs of bedazzled crocs & about 4x pairs of varied coloured ones!!!

One of the conditions hubs agreed to sail under was that I didn't pack any. :rolleyes: so I wasn't able to lower the standards of princess cruises!! :D

Those ugly plastic, bright-coloured crocs with the big holes in them were breeding everywhere a few years ago. Now the same company make up-market ones that look like normal shoes. I have a pair that I paid $79 for and wear them whilst walking on deck, heck I even wear them at home walking the dog! :D

Crocs make very nice sandals. I have had a pair for a few years and wear them at home every day. Before the soles became worn smooth and therefore unsafe to wear on a wet deck, I wore them on cruises and many women complemented me on them. I was delighted to buy another pair last time we were in the US for $29 - better than the $69 I paid here.

Those crocs have to be the most Boganised and Gross looking footwear I have ever seen. I would rather wear my $3 K Mart thongs thank you. Thongs I said not Thong ! LOL.

My husband bought a pair of camouflage crocs in Honolulu and they are seriously the ugliest things I have ever seen. I have told him they are not allowed out of the backyard but every now and then he sneaks out wearing them. I think he does it just to annoy me.

Elaine.