Captains Club Benefits

brady19

I was reading about the benefits of the captains club, classic level, as I am. One of the things it states is Complimentary gelato from Gelateria. Is that a one time thing or is it complimentary the entire cruise?

One time thing.

We received the coupons on our cruise. Since we are Select (and will likely be Select for a long time) we were really glad for the Gelato coupon. It was the only benefit we actually used!

There was quite a line most afternoons as almost everyone on the ship had the coupons. We watched about 20 parties get Gelato one afternoon. All but 1 party of 2 people had the coupons.

We received the coupons on our cruise. Since we are Select (and will likely be Select for a long time) we were really glad for the Gelato coupon. It was the only benefit we actually used!

There was quite a line most afternoons as almost everyone on the ship had the coupons. We watched about 20 parties get Gelato one afternoon. All but 1 party of 2 people had the coupons.

Very popular then, normally (last 4 cruises) there is no-one ever at the Gelato counter.:D

Very popular then, normally (last 4 cruises) there is no-one ever at the Gelato counter.:D

My DH and I had one almost every day on our last cruise. I don't know if they still offer it, but there was a special listed in the daily every day in the afternoon for a "two for one". Really inexpensive and well worth it.

Edited by 3418ahl

My DH and I had one almost every day on our last cruise. I don't know if they still offer it, but there was a special listed in the daily every day in the afternoon for a "two for one". Really inexpensive and well worth it.

That special wasn't offered on those cruises that I did.

I am sure that some people were having Gelato, just that I didn't see any and I was at the Cafe' a lot.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

That special wasn't offered on those cruises that I did.

I am sure that some people were having Gelato, just that I didn't see any and I was at the Cafe' a lot.:D

On the Solstice in November cruising back & forwards Sydney to NZ they had 'buy one get one free' at the gelato bar every afternoon - not that I indulged of course!!!!! It was a very popular spot in the late afternoon, before the Martini Bar got going :D !!!

On the Solstice in November cruising back & forwards Sydney to NZ they had 'buy one get one free' at the gelato bar every afternoon - not that I indulged of course!!!!! It was a very popular spot in the late afternoon, before the Martini Bar got going :D !!!

They needed to do something to get some use out of it, the coupons and specials has obviously helped.:D

They had the "Buy on get one free" special on our Australian cruise on the Solstice last year also. My husband doesn't eat the Gelato and it was sometimes hard to find a friend to share.

4 scoops of Gelato is a LOT for one person! :o

When and how does one receive the Captain's Club coupon booklet? I don't remember getting one last cruise.

If you joined there will be one in your room when you get there. If not a member, join.

If you joined there will be one in your room when you get there. If not a member, join.

We had to ask for our missing Captains Club coupons this cruise. Was not in the room waiting for us. We also left many extra coupons in the bible at the end of our cruise.

They had the "Buy on get one free" special on our Australian cruise on the Solstice last year also. My husband doesn't eat the Gelato and it was sometimes hard to find a friend to share.

4 scoops of Gelato is a LOT for one person! :o

Our coupon was for one free gelato December 2013. There were two of these coupons. One for each of us....left in the bible as we didn't have a chance to use either one.

:DOk, am I the only one who is seeing the irony at leaving coupons in the Bible to be used by someone who is not entitled to them, so one could argue this walks a very fine line on one of the Commandments in said Bible:eek:. Personally I would do it as well so I am not judging - just think it is an interesting observation.:D

:DOk, am I the only one who is seeing the irony at leaving coupons in the Bible to be used by someone who is not entitled to them, so one could argue this walks a very fine line on one of the Commandments in said Bible:eek:. Personally I would do it as well so I am not judging - just think it is an interesting observation.:D

I was thinking the same and also that no-one would find them.

I would imagine any deeply religious person would bring their own bible, and the people who are not religious would not look at any bible.:D

I was thinking the same and also that no-one would find them.

I would imagine any deeply religious person would bring their own bible, and the people who are not religious would not look at any bible.:D

That makes sense - so where would you leave them?

I LOVE the idea of paying it forward!

That makes sense - so where would you leave them?

I LOVE the idea of paying it forward!

I would either take them home or put them in the garbage. The next occupants will have their own coupons - corresponding to their status in the Captain's Club.